[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, here's the scenario: >be /k/ as fuck >prep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (27KB, 237x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 237x250px
Okay, here's the scenario:

>be /k/ as fuck
>prep for years
>people think I'm crazy
>IfOnlyYouKnewBadThingsReallyAre.jpg
>In one blow North Korea nukes South Korea, Japan, and various US military bases across Asia
>Nuclear Armageddon begins
>Fast forward a few years into post-apocalypse
>Everyone I knew is dead, if only they listened
>Cities are wiped out, skies are THICC with nuclear fallout, blocking out the sun completely
>All plants and wildlife die from a lack of sun exposure and widespread wildfires
>I'dRatherBeDead.jpg
>My bunker is starting to run out of supplies
>I am forced to venture out into the world and operate
>Bring my bolt action and Glock 17 and a couple hundred rounds of ammo
>All stores and pharmacies have been raided by survivors
>Decide to head south and sustain myself on whatever I can find, sometimes going days without eating
>One day I approach a campsite innawoods
>See trash littered across the area, people were recently there
>Look around, notice something by the fire pit
>There lay the bones of an eaten baby
>Can't bring myself to eat the rest of the remains
>Begin sobbing
>ItWasATrap.jpg
>See two men rush me from behind the brush
>All of a sudden, I hear someone behind me, and I fall down to the ground
>A man smashed me in the back of the head with a baseball bat
>Last thing I see is a group of men, dirty and hideous with years of filth, who tie me up, ankles and hand behind the back
>Head hurts, but manage to hear them decide on how they will kill me
>They decide to knife me, to conserve ammo
>See one of them kneel down beside me and pull out his knife
>ThisIsIt.jpg

How to I avoid this type of scenario after SHTF? How do I defend myself against these cannibals? How would I sustain myself if I refused to eat humans?
>>
To overcome monsters abandon your humanity.
Fucking kill everyone you meet on sight. Also probably best to leave the shelter early so you gain some experience at the same rate as everyone else.

Hiding in shelter until you run out of stuff is the equivalent of setting stalker to hardest difficulty after having never played a videogame.
>>
>>31310005
Nuclear winter is a myth, stop worrying and learn to love the bomb
>>
File: image.gif (979KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
979KB, 500x336px
>>31310200
>myth
>>
>>31310144
>To over come monsters, become a monster

>He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man

It all makes sense now
>>
The idea is to have enough food to last you until you can grow more food.

Your shelter should have seeds for various plants along with books about botany.
>>
>>31310456
>you can grow more food

But there's no sunlight, as OP explicitly stated. Can't you read, faggot?
>>
>>31310484

http://greatist.com/health/best-plants-to-grow-indoors

There are a lot of foods that can be grown with little light. If you plan on investing a lot into your shelter (maybe making it nice enough that you could live there year-round comfortably), then it could be worthwhile putting some money towards making it at least partially self-sustainable.

If society has collapsed, instead of just waiting around inside until I'm completely exhausted of something vital, I'd rather spend the time I have trying to create a secure perimeter and growing food for myself. If other people I can trust show up, we'd create more housing.

How viable is radio communication in your scenario, OP?
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 785x757px
>>31310621
>How viable is radio communication in your scenario, OP?

Not very, since the nukes acted as EMPs and rendered all electronic devices useless.

Try harder, faggot.
>>
File: Preparation 101.png (334KB, 947x633px) Image search: [Google]
Preparation 101.png
334KB, 947x633px
>>31311108
>>
>>31311180
>implying

Good luck paying for one, faggot.
>>
>>31311281
You can make one for not a lot of money if you know what you're doing. Typically, you wouldn't build a giant room sized one, you would enclose major components in them. Much like the hard drive in your computer.
>>
>>31311281
>not just running a current through wire shaped into a cage
hello never-taken-physics
>>
>>31311281
>can't into microwave ovens

kys poorfag
>>
>>31310005
People aren't ninjas you would hear them walk up on you. Spend like, one minute in the woods.
>crunch crunch crunch crunch
aw crud someone ate a baby lolnasty
oh no i been beat up! where did that come from? what would you guys do in this situation?
>>
>>31310005
The answer lies somewhere between here
>prep for years
and here
>Everyone I knew is dead, if only they listened

Beyond that point, you're already dead - just being sustained by luck. Your best chance at survival is working with other people who are at least somewhat competent.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 479x317px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 479x317px
>>31311439
>Your best chance at survival is working with other people who are at least somewhat competent.

So, are you suggesting to form a clan of competent people and hunt other less competent people and eat them?
>>
>>31310005
>>Cities are wiped out, skies are THICC with nuclear fallout, blocking out the sun completely
>>All plants and wildlife die from a lack of sun exposure and widespread wildfires

Nuclear winter is a myth based on erroneously extrapolating the ash emissions from Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which were wooden cities, to other environs. Your scenario is bad and you should feel bad. You can avoid this scenario by killing yourself now instead of waiting for a nuclear Armageddon.
>>
>>31310005
Swoop in, take the food, sweep for survivors, destroy them, take their things, or die.

Moral of the story, harden up.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (10KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
10KB, 235x215px
>>31310288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axba_QS1VC0&list=PL135BD42E76B7DD8A&index=1
>>
>>31310005
>North Korea nukes
Stopped reading there
Nothing beyond this is even remotely plausible. This is how far your delusion has gone, you're imagining the most impotent 2-bit country on Earth has any power whatsoever.
>>
File: 1472154399005.gif (1MB, 633x475px) Image search: [Google]
1472154399005.gif
1MB, 633x475px
>>31312428
>you're imagining the most impotent 2-bit country on Earth has any power whatsoever

What in Kek's name are you talking about, faggot? Best Korea continually makes advances in its nuclear weaponry, despite all the sanctions and criticism it receives. A country doesn't need to be powerful in order to own and operate nukes, i.e. Pakistan. But of course you don't know that because you're a meme-spouter. Shouldn't you be asleep right now, kid?
>>
>>31311337

lol, this. I have a microwave full of cheap Bow-Chow radios for just this reason.
>>
>>31312481

The difficult part is the force-projection.

Hitting SK is easy. In recent years they've shown they can feasibly hit as far as Japan. Beyond that... not yet.
>>
>>31311481

Not that guy
But yes
>>
Nigga if the world is some scorched hell hole like The Road I'm eating a bullet real fuckin quick
>>
>>31312481
Don't blame the kid, blame the educator. Schools need to start educating instead of propagating.
>>
>>31313557
Prove it.
>>
File: 1441422418335.jpg (31KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
1441422418335.jpg
31KB, 505x431px
>>31312528

>Bow-Chow radios
>Bow-Chow
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.