[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you converted your Ar15 into a gatling gun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (483KB, 2949x1659px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
483KB, 2949x1659px
Why haven't you converted your Ar15 into a gatling gun?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jif4Wo0LDX8
>>
>>31224227
Is it considered a machine gun if I set it up to fire a shot per quarter turn, not full turn?
>>
>can't keep the thing stable at all
So it's basically a bumpfire stock aka fucking useless
>>
>>31224243
No. In order for it to be a machine gun under the classification of the ATF, the action must be automated, aka, either runned via mechanical, electrical or gas operated mechanisms for one pull of the triggers. The Gatling isn't considered as a machine gun by the ATF because:
a.) Doesn't use an automatic action that causes a steady stream of boolits per one trigger pull
b.) Each round is manually loaded via the hand powered mechanism
c.) The action isn't automated
>>
>>31224278

You can keep them stable by using your sling to stabilize, upgrading your muzzle brake, and then upgrading your trigger to have a lighter pull weight to compensate for having les recoil.

Fuck you.
>>
Could be cool if you mounted a 20 inch AR loaded with beta-c mags and one of these on your truck.
>>
>>31224227
Please tell me this is legal and will put on the market soon. Please
>>
>>31224227
>>31225566

These have been around for a long looooong time. I have CTD magazines back at my parents house in IL from before my family got a computer and they have them in there for the 10/22 and marlin model 60. This was in the mid to late 90's. I imagine such a thing didn't exist before the '86 freedom ban though.
>>
>>31224227
Because 2 shot burst triggers can get you near full auto rates of fire without turning your rifle into a range toy.
>>
I'm curious what the ATF would say if one were to remove the crank and add an electric motor.
>>
File: shoestring-machinegun.jpg (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
shoestring-machinegun.jpg
60KB, 800x600px
>>31225751

Exactly what you think they'd say. They already made shoestrings illegal.
>>
>>31225751
>Electric motor
Then it becomes a machine gun by definition since it's no longer manually cycled
>>
0:30
Reddit? He browses reddit
Is /k/ kill?
>>
>>31225751
that would make it illegal, what the fuck else would they say? the firing cannot be assisted in anyway.
>>
>>31224227
I bought one it's shit
>>
>>31224227

> TFW Uncle Jerry shoots faster without the crank add on.
>>
>>31224227

I'll be honest, I got one because it was relatively cheap, and it was pretty shit.
Maybe I'm just turning it too fast, but it never seemed like the trigger would reset before the next camming surface came around, and I've put some work into my triggers for a nice, short reset.
>>
>>31224227
Get a hundred round drums get a bipod or some sort of mount have a machine gun nest in your own yard.
>>
>>31226474
Or a belt-fed AR.
>>
>>31225419
thats the best you can come up with? AR fags are fucking obsessed.
>>
>>31226520
>>31226560
see i spoke too fuckin soon

Need a good .308 GET AN AR?
Home defense GET AN AR!!?
machine gun GET AN AR??!?
buffalo hunting GET A FITTY BOWOLF AR?!??!
flare gun GET AN AR>!!!!?#>#!11
need a new shotgun GET AN AR SHOTGUN!>!>

you people are fucked in the head
>>
>>31226662
Well what do you expect? we're talking about a trigger crank designed to go onto an AR. Go out to your shed, and make one for an AK, then we can talk about that. Or one for a glock, which i would be very impressed to see.
>>
File: 2016-06-26 00.53.02 HDR.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-26 00.53.02 HDR.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>31226474
>>
>>31226662
I don't know which of your designs was rejected in favor of the AR but you need to calm down, old man. Eugene Stoner knew what he was doing.
>>
>>31224227
I'll just stick to binary
http://franklin-armory.myshopify.com/products/binary-firing-system-gen-iii-trigger-pack
>>
>>31225664
Post one that costs anywhere near this thing.
>>
>>31226686
enjoy the jams, mis and double feeds m8y
>>
>>31226850
Well since one company owns the patent:
>>31226738

They'll charge whatever the fuck they want unfortunately. Which is 10x more expensive.
Hell even $40 is a bit much for something that looks like it was built off of stock parts picked up at home depot.
>>
>>31225815
>4chan isn't popular with normies
Wow, this shocking new information needs to be reported to the top officials! Someone log into the darknet deepweb chat and inform chinkmaster that 4chan isn't normie approved, quickly!
>>
>>31226864
Has no one bought one and done a video on it? I can't imagine it's wizardry inside. Probably a familiar setup plus a fork or two. I'm waiting for fosscad to post files on it, but it's been a while.
>>
>>31224227
Because I'm not a faggot like you, op.
>>
>>31226686
>decent camera
>doesn't bother to properly light the picture nor even just drape that blanket over something

why
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 489x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 489x400px
>>31224227
>>
>>31226939
The mark 3 just came out last month and it takes them a long ass time to make and ship them for some reason. Older versions are drop ready. There's a video right on that page.
I don't think their mark 3 is patented though as it's just a bunch of separate parts, so hopefully someone can work on a drop version for around 200 or less soon.
I'd like to combine it with the belt fed upper for obvious reasons then put it in 9mm so it's decently cheap to use and "affordable" to build.
>>
>>31224227
I have one of these "BMF Activators". It's uncontrollable as hell on anything except .22's, but still fun. Well worth the $20 or so I spent on it. It doesn't fit on some guns.
>>
>>31226987
Putting it on something with a bipod and foregrip allowing your primary hand to crank while the gun remains pressed into your shoulder and stabilized from the two aforementioned attachments seems viable for the range I suppose.

The other option would me to sling it and use it off hand with your primary working the crank, most likely underarm.
>>
>>31226961
Holy shit, who cares, you autistic photographer? It's a picture taken by some anonymous shitstain posted on a board no one expects anything from on a site that is hated by millions. Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>31226662
Actually for buffalo I recommend a .458 SOCOM AR.
>>
>>31226939
>>31226977
The mark 3 is a super simplified version that just started shipping Friday.

It uses a standard hammer and springs

The only difference is the trigger and disconnector with a second axis when the selector linkage is pushing on the 2nd disconnector.

Should be super simple to clone the V3
>>
>>31225751
I think the dog killing would be answer enough.
Folks have tried hooking power drills and Dremels up to these crankfire rigs.
I remember one that you wound up a clockwork spring, based it on the idea that you were saving up your manual action. That didn't fly either.
>>
>>31227580
Here's hoping this happens soon. Thought it was a bit more complex than that since they claim it's install ready for so many different types. Then again I don't know too much about triggers.
There's no reason they should cost as much as they do if that's the case.
And if someone does clone it, hopefully it's by black friday for a sale.
>>
>>31227650
http://ar15hunter.com/franklin-armory-announces-the-gen-3-binary-firing-system/

There is a nice high quality shot of the gen 3 pack on this page. Looks super simple and cheap to mass produce compared to a trigger pack unit.
>>
>>31225778
That looks like fun, I want to try that anon
>>
>>31228005
>$430
>For a trigger
They better work on mass production fast because that's fucking retarded.

I'll let all of you jerk off that overpriced gadget and see if I can order one of these inexpensive little things. Crank needs to be bigger though.
Maybe make myself an AR with wood furniture and maybe some brass to give it the right feel.
>>
>>31228117
It will be cloned. Once real competitors start production prices will be cut like crazy just like what happened with the Tac-Con 3MR
>>
>>31226856
>jams
Haven't had any
>misfeeds
None
>double feeds
Nada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX1HM04irZw

Biggest Issue I've had is the trigger sticking and not resetting on it's own, which was fixed easily.
>>
>>31228145
fingers crossed. I'd love to buy one too, maybe figure out how to mod some of my other rifles for it.

>>31228117
>modernized wild west gatling
do it then post pictures
>>
What if you combine this with a binary trigger?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.