[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetical North Korean Invasion (note this isn't arguing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: north_korean_air_forces-2012.png (177KB, 800x752px) Image search: [Google]
north_korean_air_forces-2012.png
177KB, 800x752px
Hypothetical North Korean Invasion

(note this isn't arguing for an invasion or not but simply a question)

How would you pull a 2003 Saddam type invasion of North Korea?

>You have mostly American, South Korean, and Japanese forces under command, as well as 100 australian shitposters
>China and Russia will not intervene, but if North Korea launches a nuke they will attempt to intercept it in its boost phase
>no nukes allowed
>no chemical or biological agents allowed
>note, North Korean artillery and rockets can easily pound Seoul into a rubble if you don't act quickly

What do
>>
Pretty much just 2003 but with less city fighting, more armored brawling in the countryside, and a lot more bunker busting.

As in 2003, it would be great if we could achieve strategic surprise by disguising our buildup of forces as the normal rotation of forces on the border.

This would be significantly hampered relative to the war in 2003 by the fact that the US doesn't have all that many troops in Korea, and South Korea depends on reserves. It would also be hampered by the need to prepare the South Korean populace for a massive bombardment, which may include chemical or biological weapons.

Standard US doctrine is that if an enemy uses any form of NBC weapon against us, we reserve the right to bust out the canned sunshine. For the sake of keeping with the OP scenario, I assume the US doesn't do this, but if North Korea successfully deploys a nuclear weapon, there's really no stopping the rape train.

There is a real possibility that the North Koreans would realize what's going on at some point while the US is mustering forces, and launch a preemptive attack. After all, the preparations to retake Kuwait took six months of buildup.

If this is the case, the US would depend more aircraft from naval aviation and airbases in the region, and naval forces that could contain North Korean ships and submarines.

The South Koreans would have to do the bulk of the ground combat, because tanks can't ferry themselves across oceans to a new airbase, and armored divisions don't really have the effective range of bomber squadrons. There are Marine Expeditionary Units, airborne units, and special forces with a mandate to react quickly to events, but in a conventional war on the Korean peninsula, these might be marginal.

The ideal would be to have adequate combat engineering vehicles to clean the DMZ, and a huge number of strike sorties designed to clear out North Korean tunnel systems and cripple their (presumably rigid) command and control.
>>
File: UN Response.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
UN Response.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>31217111
>Look at my top Generals / Admirals of the United States Armed Forces.

>"I want to crush North Korea"

>They're all shocked at this sudden outburst

>"Yeah, let's get it done, we're still technically at WAR right? It's just a cease fire, let's get a peace treaty".

I then hash it out that we want to crush them in under 3 months, total defeat, unconditional surrender.
I want it done so hard and fast that Russia & China have no time to respond in earnest.

So we get stuff sorted about, a year of prep time, and on July 4th, 2018, a massive wave of aircraft, ships, and men hit North Korea from the south and the east.

We throw 70% of the total US military complex at them.

RoE: None, get the job done.

The Airforce, Navy, and Marines form air dominance in the first hour.

B2's took off at night and rained JDAM targeted bunker busters on every artillery facility along the DMZ and hit every centralized command point.

The following aircraft (F-35's) smash the air defense systems and DPRK Air Force.
The next wave of B1B's, B52's, and more F-35's pound the ever living shit out of their standing army for the next two weeks straight.. no Army push until then except for AH-64E's hunting around the DMZ making sure no Norks cross that line.

Then the Army, who has been clearing minefields this whole time, begins its push north.
At the same time, Marines land on every beach along the Sea of Japan, backed up by 9 CBG's.

The Airborne is kept in reserve waiting for something to flare up.

I am then impeached and probably hung for war crimes, but whatever, it was worth it.
>>
>>31217111
we crush them in about 2 weeks then have a decade of mission creep. I would it via a airborne operation coming in via the south east coast line with south korea. at the same time a amphibious landing in the north east of the country.
>>
>>31217383
Shit. You ought to run on the platform of "Fuck North Korea"
I'd vote for you.
>>
>>31217111
Run right over the 38th parallel to the oil reserves.
>>
>>31217111

>>note, North Korean artillery and rockets can easily pound Seoul into a rubble if you don't act quickly

Fucking bullshit. Their longest ranged artillery can barely reach Seoul's suburbs and would get counter-batteried to death the moment they try anything.
>>
I would set up powerful countermeasures in South Korea, and Japan first, with Iron Dome, mining the seas, pinning them into a narrow corridor where it would be easier to later establish air dominance.

Then begin demining the DMZ and slowly work your way up till they can no longer fight. Then China takes over for the fighting, and I advise the U.S. military to leave.
>>
>>31218352
>Iron Dome
>when the US has THAAD and SM-2
>mines
>when the US has the world's largest navy and best submarine fleet

but why
>>
>>31218170
While the Koksan may not be able reach Seoul's heart, it can certainly pummel other civilian areas. Not to mention their MLRS like KN-09 can easily reach Seoul. Yes counter battery is useful, but the thing is you gotta understand the DPRK mentality. Militarily they're fucked. But they go down like a cornered animal, their silver bullet, their deterrent is their capability to kill civilians. Even with any sign of military buildup could trigger them.
>>
>>31219500
South Korea has bunkers though.

It'd be fun seeing if the US is willing to nuke the North when rubella and tabun start falling on the cities.
>>
>>31217111
The way I've always heard it(from an uncle and two guys that served along the DMZ) is that if the fatass pulled the big one everyone starts moving south, as the north Koreans would certainly overpower forces there. South Korean militants hold a slowly receding line as American and global forces continue with civilian extraction. Then after the biggest humanitarian evacuation and refugee crisis(because muzzies don't count) we come back and hit them with literally everything at out disposal. If the UN is ok with it the North gets nuked, and if not there would be a WWII level of conventional bombers laying to waste everything there. Hopefully we don't pissed off the Chinese.
>>
>china doesnt intervene

NK would surrender unconditionally.
>>
>>31218440
THAAD wont save Seoul from Nork arty. THAAD will save Tokyo from Nork missile spam. You gotta deploy countermeasures where they're most useful.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.