[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if I already own an M1A is there any reason to also own a Garand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: primary_sidearm.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
primary_sidearm.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
if I already own an M1A is there any reason to also own a Garand other than historical value?
>>
>>31211455
A. Its another gun
B. They are fun
C. who cares buy one
>>
>>31211455
is there any reason to own an M1A other than historical value?
>>
>>31211455
Any reason to own a gun with a wood stock other than historical value?
>>
>>31211455
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
*PING*
>>
>>31211478
it looks cool
>>
>>31211455
Believe it or not, a M1 with traditional ball ammo has less recoil than an M1A/M14. I own a Polytech M1A with a heavy as fuck laminate stock and it kicks like a mule compared to a M1 I shot that was eating surplus ball.
>>
it's fun and looks cool, if you have the money and you don't have any other guns on your wishlist right now, the why not?
>>
I think what OP is saying is that the general purpose of a battle rifle is already filled by his M1A, so the purpose of a Garand will already be filled. I get this because I'm a poorfag who can't spend a lot on guns who's purpose is redundant in my arsenal.

But if you can spend money on guns like that, FUCKIN BUY EM ALL FAGGOT
>>
>>31211514
Unless you are actually going into combat, the idea of "redundant weapons" is stupid. Sure it might not make sense to have 5 different shotguns, but if you can why not.

Otherwise all you would "need" is a .22 rifle, AR/AK, .270-.30-06 bolt gun, and a 9mm pistol.
>>
>>31211455
Value appreciation.

It's not like the garand can shoot hot loads, which is the appeal of 30-06 still being relevant, so it's pretty much if you want to shoot history and hold onto something that will increase in value because of it.

That and CMP shipping a whole rifle to your door is just an excellent feeling.
>>
>>31211514
by that same logic, why buy more than one rifle that fits any niche?
>>
Anyone got that pic where the guy gets his peener stuck in a Garand action?
>>
>>31211478
Aesthetic value

More easily repaired

Heavier, less recoil felt

Better for cracking skulls
>>
>>31211532
>That and CMP shipping a whole rifle to your door is just an excellent feeling.

that's awesome, how does one get in on that? don't i have to join some kind of club first?
>>
>>31211455
No. Battle rifles are historical oddities too.7.62 is a GPMG round and even then it's kind of meh at that outside of barrel life.

>INb4 butthurt
>>
>>31214209
>Bait
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.