[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, going to a gun show today. I'm wanting a pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Hey /k/, going to a gun show today. I'm wanting a pistol but have never owned one, and only ever shot one a few times. Can anyone give me a little advice? I'm thinking about a 9mm since ammo is cheap and seems to be a good in-between caliber. Any brands or models you can suggest?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>31202007

if not cc? Colt or springfield 1911 .45

If you get a glock, youre a manlet
>>
>>31202007
If 9mm, get a CZ75. Otherwise follow >>31202056
>>
Do not buy a pistol at a gun show. 9mm is fine. There are a few hundred of them so do some more research before you bother buying anything. If you buy something don't get a 1911 as your first pistol, you will hate pistols.
>>
>>31202007
Buy h&k p30
Or the vp9
>>
>>31202007
S&W M&P
Springfield xdm
Glock
9mm 1911
Hi-power
Cz 75
Daewoo dp51
Hi-point
Hk USP
Hk p30 ls
>>
A glock brand Glock is always a simple and great choice. But I would suggest first going to a range that rents out hand guns and try a few diffrent ones out, and get some more trigger time and experience. Guns are big investments, it's best to know exactly what you want so you don't regret it later. Go to the range today and buy the pistol at the gun show tomorrow. You might even find a better deal at the range. Good luck and have fun.
>>
>>31202056
I own 2 glocKS and a 1911.
1911 was my first
As you said, if op doesn't get a 1911 for his first gun, he is a manlet
>>
File: 100_010.jpg (168KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
100_010.jpg
168KB, 1024x768px
S&W Model 39, 59, or 59xx series.

The older 59 series wont break the bank and is great in reliability.
You wont be able to get snowflake aftermarket parts though.

The S&W Model 39 and 59 was used in police departments for years, so you may get lucky and find some old duty holsters for them.
>>
Glock 17
Never fails, millions of aftermarket upgrades, super reliable,
>>
Is their a point to gun shows anymore? I heard ammo is sold at the same price these days
>>
Gun shows are one stop shop for lots of goodies.
>>
>>31202076
Good advice minus the last sentence. 1911 is fine and you will probably shoot a 1911 more accurately than any other gun due to the great triggers.
>>31202081
Good list minus the hi point.
>>
>>31202007
Glock. 19 for home. 26 for EDC.
>>
>>31202086
>Guns are big investments

They're a few hundred dollars and retain most of their value for their lifetimes. The real cost you have to add up is everything that accompanies it, including the 3 holsters you're going to buy next month.

A 1911 is a finicky, expensive beast that will happily reject most of your ammunition. The cheaper you go the worse they get. For the love of god don't get a Kimber.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.