[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's not easy becoming hasgunz in a no-gunz environment,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 1258411158357.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1258411158357.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
It's not easy becoming hasgunz in a no-gunz environment, and while you guys are great, one's bound to run into all kinds of hickups. So maybe it'd be a laugh to come together with stories of how we crossed that grand ol' chasm.

I'm thinking I'll share some stuff later on, so it won't be obvious which of the dumbos OP was.
>>
>>31193992
I went to the store and bought one after I saved up.

No real story behind it, except for the part where I waited til I was 25 to start buying guns.
>>
>>31194033
I bought my first when I was 26, and it was a struggle. It was a shotgun.
>>
Okay I was a bit squeamish for not going first. The stuff I mean is like... I went to a gunshop for a particular fun and they told me they wouldn't sell me one. Because, you know, that's not really what I really wanted, now was it? So I told them I'd think about it, make the rounds, compare prices and whatever. Never went back, but I did feel like a dingus.
>>
>>31194056
Why was it a struggle?
>>
>>31194145
Well, it still is. Going to a range is a lonely business, any advise I need I must find online, and none of my existing friends (or at least in the < 2 hours drive vincinity) share the interest. And I really need to hide my funs from my parents, who luckily don't live near by.

Also: everything's expensive as fuck.
>>
>>31194193
Kek, you described me except for the part about having friends that share the interest, whereas I have no friends that care about guns.

Still don't see why it's a struggle. It's lonely, but not difficult in the slightest.
>>
>>31194243
It might just be me and my whiny-ass ego then. But I'll try still give a go at explaining why the pussy-ass me felt like it was a drag.

So neither of my parents were hunters or shooters. My dad had a gun of his own, and two guns he inherited from his own father and from his father-in-law. Never really used them. I once saw my dad pick up the .22lr rifle, headshotting a flying magpie at 60 or so yards. It was magical. But he never really taught me, nor did he seem like he wanted to.

I did want to learn though. I asked him to teach me, and I remember bargaining with him. I was a fat kid and my dad was and still is a god damn athlete, so I told him I'd run this and that many laps if he'd just let me shoot the guns. So I did, for a while, but couldn't really keep up with it (that was about the time my family got our first PC).
>>
Can relate. Just bought my first gun and my parents and friends are freaking out. My parents offered to cover any losses from selling it before I move across the country (everyone is freaked out about me traveling with it.) in actually taking them up on the offer so I can save up a bit more and get an even nicer gun when i am done moving (thinking either a ruger gunsight or a browning hi power and a cheap surplus rifle) it sucks selling my rifle but I got my foot in the door. It went from "I can't be comfortable with you owning a gun" to "I can't be comfortable with you traveling across country with a gun"
>>
>>31194329
US still?
>>
>>31194322
Ok I get the picture

Seems like something you're gonna have to work at for a while. Here's some advice though: Learn to shoot and keep up with your Dad before he gets too old.
>>
>>31194341
Yep. I moving to philly which is apparently a lot more gun friendly than Seattle (and honestly Seattle isn't as bad as a lot of people think it is) so hopefully I'll get a chance to go to some nice used gun stores
>>
>>31194329
Well theres very few negatives to that story and honestly just be glad they aren't telling you to sell it because they're "bad" but because they're worried about you.

Good luck with the move
>>
>>31194356
That's good advice. I did, vaguely, feel like I should connect with my old man better, but maybe this is the way.

But still. Apart from that, the rangers are scarce, rounds expensive, and my coworkers are people who feel like they are pretty deep in the know for being able to tell me there are "assault rifle like guns that are sold to civilians".
>>
Here's one: I went to a shop to buy a suppressor. I had looked up the model I wanted to have. The clerk told me he wouldn't sell me one, according to him it was a piss-poor fit for my purposes. I asked to buy a different one, then. He said there was none, told me to come back in two months. Gave him my contacts but I'm not expecting much.
>>
>>31194375
Yeah my parents are actually really cool for doing that. I appreciate It for sure. I left out some of the more cringeworthy shit like my mom saying "you need a liscence for that rifle!!!" And my bandmate saying "you need to take classes for 2 years before you own a gun" but yeah, could be way worse
>>
>>31194434
Just shop somewhere else. Also, tell the shop owners you don't care and to just take your money next time. I assume you did your research and figured out what you wanted, right?
>>
>>31194557
Sure I did my research, for what it's worth (I have little experience and few friends that do, and the internet has all kinds of opinions). I live in Europe so the availability is not really as good as it is somewhere else (I imagine).
>>
I went to the range, nobody was there. Set up, started shooting. I got the scop punching me right in the forehead, twice. I left there with a bleeding wound smack right in between my eyes. On my way out I ran in to some older guys who asked me whether I'd gotten some "hits" and I though they meant my head. And I was all kinds of frustrated, so I said "Yeas well, as you can tell" and marched off. Later on I understood that they only meant well.
>>
>>31194610
You can buy suppressors in europoor? What country do you live in?
>>
>>31194697
Finland. If you have a licence for the gun, you can buy a suppressor just by presenting your licence for said gun. But then again, both guns and the damn suppressors are expensive as heck.
>>
>>31194743
About how much for each?
>>
>>31194783
Suppressors range from 150 euros to about infinite (but the mid-tier seems to be around 300-400 euros).

For guns there's a ridiculous range. You can get something for like 30 euros, but there's hardly any market for cheap ones like that - just the licence is in excess of 70 euros.
>>
>>31194743
Neat. What's your rafiu and why do you eant the suppressor for. Also what suppressor?
>>
>>31194834
What can you get for 30 euros?
>>
>>31194843
Well I got a Tikka T3 CTR (.308) with a Jaki suppressor (it's a small Finnish manufacturer, from what I've hear they're pretty decent), and a Colt M4 with no suppressor so far (this is the one that I was refused a sale for).
>>
>>31194880
A shotgun, either a single barrel or side-by-side barrel, either in 16 or 12 gauge by 70mm. That seems to be the throw-around type. Nobody wants it, everyone has it.
>>
>>31194880
Also a lot of .22lr bolt action guns. People used to have tons of them for killing of vermin and hunting for whatever small game, but these days dead grandpas' closets are stuffed with them.
>>
>>31194905
>30 euro SxS
Fug
>>
>>31194834
that's not expensive you filthy ingrate
>>
>>31195143
Jesus. Then what is? I mean, that is more than I can save up in two months of work. Three months? Sure... But how much can a man spend on a damn suppressor?
>>
>>31193992
I double checked that image to see if it was a real book, or a joke about fedora fags. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>31195257
Just to give you context: we're kind of struggling to decide whether we're thinking about gun ownership like the hard core leftists are, or whether we're being reasonable (and I do admit there's a third party, but it's so way off I don't think it's even relevant).
>>
File: 20160515_191656.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160515_191656.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
I have nothing else to say so here's my raifu some months ago.
>>
>>31193992
>>31194033
Man WTF did you guys not have families that gifted you guns when you were little?
I got my first 22 when I was 8 christmass present ofcourse.
Then my first AR when I was 11.
I feel sorry for you guys with shitty families.
Started buying my own guns when I was 18.
>>
>>31195461
I can appreciate your attempt but yeah, my family wasn't much for a gun family. A good and supportive family, nonetheless.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.