[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's your oppinons on what tim said about ptsd and how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 34

File: 1.jpg (321KB, 1328x794px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
321KB, 1328x794px
what's your oppinons on what tim said about ptsd and how people with ptsd are a bunch of pussies ?

also ptsd and metnal problems thread
>>
I don't know about all that PTSD, but that was one inspirational message.
>>
>I have killed kids and women in war

Sounds like a fuck head poser who is seeking attention.

PTSD is real. It kills. Folks who fail to manage it too often drink themselves to death, commit suicide or act out in a violent manner. Not everyone is born with the same brain. Your brain is a bodily organ just like your lungs and heart. Some people have good ones, some people have defective ones.

This dipshit is too dumb to realize how dumb he his.
>>
>>31192970

> Catch dysentery from serving abroad

Someone brings you water to take with your anti-amoebicidal pills

> Catch hyper vigilance and nightmares after a mortar attack turns a barracks into a bloody mess

"You gotta toughen the fuck up, bro."

Someone explain to me how the second is some kind of moral failing again?
>>
Everybody reacts differently to things. Not only that, but a lot of people have PTSD without even realizing they have it. The stereotypical "nightmares and flashbacks" stuff is usually extreme cases. For most people, it's just stress and anxiety. A lot of it comes from the instincts that actually keep you alive in a warzone, but those emotions and instincts are detrimental once you're out of combat, and if you can't disengage from the combat mentality, you're constantly prepared for the next attack that isn't going to come.
>>
File: HOLYSHITDOGE.gif (4MB, 313x238px) Image search: [Google]
HOLYSHITDOGE.gif
4MB, 313x238px
>>31192970

Wtf is that blurry shit next to him and the boat.

IS THIS A GHOST? A LAKE SPIRIT?
>>
>>31193049
It's water on the camera lens, dude.
>>
File: 1471749788086.jpg (618KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471749788086.jpg
618KB, 1024x1024px
>>31193007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkOPrzsJl2k

He seems like a legit guy to me.
>>
>>31192970
Tim is lying or Tim is not ok. Obsessively pursuing anything to the point of utter destruction and collapse may be how he is coping with what he has allegedly done. Also being totally okay with wasting the innocent and watching people get mutilated before your eyes is not normal. I'm not saying you should, as a rule, descend into madness as a result of these things, but being casual about it during your motivational ramblings probably isn't normal either.
>>
Some people probably don't get PTSD but most people do, plenty of legit studies in the field and ignoring PTSD by just saying "toughen the fuck up" leads to shit like 100k vietnam vets killing themselves
>>
>>31193073
>infowars
was tim fucked in the head before or after killing those women and children?
>>
>>31193073
He's just some dude who got his Ranger tab and suddenly thought he was hot shit because of it. He acts like he's some kind of ex-Delta operator or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (372KB, 1021x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
372KB, 1021x1600px
>another dudebro raynghurrr trying to act macho downplaying PTSD
>actually mentioning he has killed women and children like it's something to be proud of

What a fucking fag
>>
>>31192970
>I have killed women and kids during war
Usually the first thing I tell people I don't know too.
>>
>I could have nightmares every night or be a medicated PTSD victim.

Someone needs to tell this shitsack that he is a medicated PTSD victim. The fact that he chooses to cope with his problems via an exercise routine, healthy diet, and commitment to his work and family doesn't make him any less of a victim, or any more of a man. Cope the way you cope man, kudos to you for working through it in your way, but don't put down others who cannot or will not cope with your exact method.

This idea that PTSD is some sort of dick measuring contest as to who can deal with it with the least medical intervention is what's killing our veterans.
>>
File: 1462412732719.jpg (102KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
1462412732719.jpg
102KB, 500x588px
>>31192970
He's a cunt. PTSD is a real problem and it's not something that only cowards and pussies get. It's a fucking illness, not something we just made up. It's up there with schizophrenia, depression and homosexuality.

Which begs the question, why do people think because you can do cool things you're qualified to talk about things you aren't actually qualified to talk about? Also before anyone loses their shit, that last one was a joke.
>>
>>31193179
>Also before anyone loses their shit, that last one was a joke.

But homosexuality is a legit mental illness..
>>
>>31193049
I have so many questions about that Gif...
And sudden and intense desire to crush a gooses throat under my boot, Slowly.
>>
>>31193246
Geese are objectively bad animals. I'd be completely fine with them going extinct.
>>
>>31193246
I have a sudden urge to find the nearest dog and just love them.
>>
I agree with what he said mostly. If you can't handle death and destruction then what the absolute fuck are you doing in a combat role.

I definitely carried some stuff back from my tours, but when some discipline and common sense I was able to manage it. But if PTSD is some crippling thing that you can't even function on a basic level, you're just a fucking pussy that shouldn't have been in war to begin with.
>>
>>31193211
>BUT IT IS A MENTAL ILLNESS

So? They can't reproduce. And if it is a disease it would have to be genetic. You don't just catch the homosex bug. Assuming it is an illness, which I do not. But you know. People that think it is one should love it since it can't be spread past a certain point (if you stop repressing the homosex and let gays be gay, they will stop having closeted straight sex.)
>>
>>31193020
>Dammit Otto you're an alcoholic

>Dammit Otto, you have lupus
>>
>>31193273
Get out of here Tim.
>>
>>31193074
that's what i was thinking
>>31193049
is he biting the dogos pee pee?
>>
>>31193325

God, I wish he and Hicks were still around. It would have been really cool to see how they changed with age.
>>
File: Hero.jpg (424KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hero.jpg
424KB, 1080x1080px
>>31192970
He is saying deal with it head on. Nothing wrong with what he is saying.
>>
File: 1467668294413.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467668294413.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>31193020
>comparing physical and mental illnesses

some people are treated with coddling and babying, some by taking drugs for treatment, and others just have to harden themselves and be a rock. no single treatment or tactic works on everyone.
>>
>>31193074
>Obsessively pursuing anything to the point of utter destruction and collapse
Working out and being active is now an obsessive self destructive habit...
I guess I learn something new each day on this Taiwanese candle carving image board
>>
Tim is a psychopath.

Don't be a psychopath like Tim, kids.
>>
>>31192970
That guys sounds like an obnoxious cunt
PTSD can be found in cases all through history, and will be remembered more than that prick ever will
>>
>>31193273
Haha.
You brought things back from your non combat tours, eh? Nick Irving shouldn't have gone to war? He admits to suffering from PTSD. PTSD is aided by physical symptoms. My buddy was 11b and he has issues that stem from being in 6 IED attacks. During an MRI, he had patches of his brain that were entirely dark. He has lost the ability to cope with certain things due to brain damage. Get back to scrubbing gas tanks, because I doubt you were ever outside the wire.
>>
>>31192970
He's a legit psychopath
>>
>>31193440

> A protein that is likely not even alive hijacks the nucleus of a cell to reproduce itself to the detriment of the organism

> This is completely acceptable in modern day society, and no one would bat an eyelid if you mention you see the doctor for it.

> A traumatic event hijacks the brain's pattern recognition system to reproduce it's sensation in unrelated minor events to the detriment of the organism

> "Holy shit, did you hear? Frank said Jim in accounting is seeing a shrink for PTSD. Guess we know who to be on the lookout for if there's ever an active shooter lockdown..."

Bro, you're part of the problem.
>>
>>31193211
It is
>>
>>31193256
geese dont even contribute to their ecosystems iirc

>>31193322
>>31193211
>"I don't know what a mental illness is": the posts

i always forget how dumb american gun owners are but then /k/ is always just right here to remind me
>>
>>31193579
God damn I hate geese, I was so happy when we killed all ours
>>
>>31193579
>always forget how dumb american gun owners are
It's not American gun owners as a whole, just a few /pol/acks. Asshole.
>>
>>31192970
Totally sounds like he has ptsd.
>>
>>31193579
I even said in my post that I didn't think it was a mental illness. I was just pointing out, myself, the idiocy of people who think it is one.

>"You're an idiot"
>Misreads my entire post.
>>
>>31192970

confirmed for never seeing any serious shit in his life. Probably sat behind a desk.
>>
>>31193598
most if not all american gun owners are /pol/acks, at least in attitude even if they post on stormfront or arfcom instead of /pol/

the only animal worse than a goose is an american.
>>
File: zoe22.jpg (106KB, 736x589px) Image search: [Google]
zoe22.jpg
106KB, 736x589px
>>31193049
>>
>>31193684
>most if not all american gun owners are /pol/acks
If you haven't seen the anti-/pol/ sentiment on here, then you're either really, really new or just stupid. Also, gas yourself.
>>
>>31193539
You can retrain your brain, you cant retrain proteins
>>
>>31193102
He's actually ex-CIF, as close as you can get to Delta
>>
>>31193726
I've seen it, and it pales in comparison to the unironic racism, sexism, homophobia, and paranoid conspiracy theory that gets slung around here.

>>31193737
>You can retrain your brain, you cant retrain proteins
You get them replaced or removed, which is basically the same thing
>>
>>31193579
>gets butthurt at the fact that homosexuality is a mental illness
>webm of a goose "destroying" other animals
>flying aggressively towards them
>"destroying"

Do you consider someone giving you a friendly jab or a pat on the back to be violent assault? Grow some thick skin, Francisco.
>>
>>31193530
Implying any tier 1 operator with 15+ years of service isn't a little fucked between the eyes
>>
>>31193762
>unironic racism, sexism, homophobia
>unironic

But that's wrong, you turbonigger. Most people here don't give a fuck what other people do. I tend to share that sympathy, if you aren't hurting anyone, do whatever you want. Pretty much everything on 4chan is ironic.
>>
File: filename threads on k.jpg (23KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
filename threads on k.jpg
23KB, 500x380px
>>31193786
>he doesn't give things facetious filenames
>he still doesn't know what defines things as mental illnesses
>he has never met a goose and doesn't fully understand how aggressive they are

geese are shit, they'll actively block traffic and even move around to stay in your way if you try to drive around them
>>
>>31193579

fuck geese
>>
File: tfw nazi.jpg (20KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
tfw nazi.jpg
20KB, 403x403px
>>31192970

>literally perpetuating the macho mentality that directly leads to combat vets committing suicide

Yeah fuck that guy, I've seen too many people die from this shit. The wounds go deeper than shrapnel or bullet wounds.

Especially considering new studies are linking concussions and TBI in combat zones directly to PTSD on the homefront, this guy is an asshole. I'm mad now.

I'm sad now.

Hold me.
>>
>>31192970
This dudebro sounds like a psychofag. PTSD is real fucking shit, and it's probably been around forever. Problem is, soft-language faggots have changed the condition of Shell Shock to an all encompassing, vague, and dehumanized term that even non-soldiers can use... Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. I knew bitches in the Navy who were actual pussies and tried to claim PTSD on sleep issues or emotional non-combat troubles, these cunts are the real problem. When it comes to legit PTSD, it doesn't matter if you try to hide from it by going through life being a weightlifting jock... you WILL get fucked up by it and hiding from it will only lead to a bigger breakdown in the future. Tim seems like a bigger coward then the men he's insulting.
>>
>>31192970
So he is essentially saying that he doesn't deal with it but bottles it up and silently hopes it won't come back to bite him later?

Because all that shit about working hard to be the best and making a difference doesn't have jack shit to do with dealing with PTSD.

Then again I have no doubt that people try to spoonfeed him all kinds of floaty shit about how to "heal" PTSD.
>>
>>31193858

>non-soldiers

You're right that retards claim stupid shit, but there are a significant number of first responders and emergency workers that deal with PTSD. I don't think paramedics, cops, firefighters, etc. claiming PTSD cheapens it, these are people that also deal with some heavy shit.

The new thing they're going to with first responders now is empathy fatigue, IIRC. Basically they deal with so much shit that they can't even bring themselves to care about people and things, including their own family members.
>>
>>31193896

My buddy and I got back from Afghanistan.

I was super fucked up, my family pressed hard for me to get help, for years I went to counseling, and it gradually got better, I'm almost back to normal, and have healthy relationships with all of my family members.

My buddy called me a pussy, basically. He said that as men we should just power through it, that everything was fine now that we're home. 3 years after we got home, the police found him sitting in his LazyBoy, missing the top half of his head, next to a bottle of whiskey.
>>
>>31193898
That happened to me for a while after we responded to a rolling meth lab that crashed into a house and exploded. The three we pulled out of the van were in really bad shape, burned so badly that they didn't have any dermal nerves left to feel the burns.
>>
>>31193898

Try kids from New Orleans after Katrina

> Girlfriend is high school teacher
> Gets smart young girl in avid after she moves here from New Orleans
> I get drug to kid's graduation ceremony despite knowing nothing about her besides her hard life and that she's going to a local college
> Here about the school trip where the girl screamed, kicked out a bus window, and jumped out because of 2" of flooding on a Dallas roadway
>>
>>31193933
Unfortunately that's not an uncommon story to hear.
>>
>>31193939
Obviously driver didn't read the signs and the girl could

>If water on ground turn around, don't drown
>>
>>31193933
It's terrible that things like that have been happening for so long and are still hardly addressed appropriately.

>for years I went to counseling, and it gradually got better
What parts of counseling actually made a difference for you? I've been in counseling for other stuff but most of it had no impact on me.
>>
>>31193858
>non-soldiers

t. neverserved
>>
>>31193007
>Tim Kennedy
>poser
Dude if you dont know who that man is you should not be here.
>>
>>31193937

Happened to me when I was still in the jail

>be me
>overseeing rec
>50 guys out in the dayroom, low security, I'm in the bubble
>jammin to some music, when suddenly
>dude picks up a tray starts beating a dude with it
>inmate on inmate! [floor and pod] all available respond!
>central control! give me bubble and dayroom sliders!
>central control!
>central control!
>ALL AVAILABLE PLEASE RESPOND
>WHERE IS MY ASSISTNANCE?
>CENTRAL CONTROL!
>be advised sir, we're 10-6
>GIVE ME THE FUCKING SLIDERS!

long story short, it took 4 minutes for me to get into that day room, and it took another 2 minutes before anyone showed up. They beat the contents of his head onto the floor. I quit that day, not because of what I saw, but because nobody would help me. I watched a man get beaten to death and I was told they were too fucking busy to open a couple doors to let me save a man's life.
>>
>>31193898

Empathy fatigue seems like a fitting title for it. But I think PTSD can work so long as you condemn and ostracize tumblrinas who use it. I'd think that dealing with an abusive household (actual abuse) can also constitute a kind of PTSD. If there's a better term to distinguish it from combat PTSD then I'm all ears, but in the acronym itself there's nothing suggesting it has to be entirely combat related. It's just traumatic stress. Paramedics, cops, firefighters, or living with an abusive household or in a catastrophical situation a'la >>31193939 constitutes trauma. I dealt with my late father's dementia-Alzheimers growing up from 14 to early 20s and for a time I definitely felt a kind of PTSD after the fact. Nothing as severe as wartime or physical trauma (aside of a few incidents I was witness to as he was a belligerent/thrashing kind of dementia) but more than just some tumblrina "someone said something mean about me on the internet".

Personally I think of it like depression, that those who suffer the most from it will not wear it on their sleeve and will try to hide it. They don't treat it like a chic accessory or virtue signalling, and it's something that will take getting to know them and a lot of time before they even admit to it. Hopefully those around them will pick up on the warning signals quickly and try to get them to seek treatment.

I can be/am wrong with that surely as people deal with it in different ways. I just find wearing it on your sleeve and parading it around on social media or going "Hi I'm anon I have PTSD it is super tough to deal with" to people you just meet is distasteful.
>>
File: american prison system.jpg (2MB, 4000x2667px) Image search: [Google]
american prison system.jpg
2MB, 4000x2667px
>>31194029
Well if you help the Bad Guys then the Bad Guys win! Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Prison rape and gang murder and the occasional genuine psychopath are your deterrents to doing crime, no matter how petty. Three strikes and YOUUUUUURE OUT!
>>
>>31193989

I had a really cool, non-VA counselor that helped me cope with the extreme anxiety. He gave me a lot of stress relief tips and taught me how to control my anxiety when I was experiencing an attack or flashback. He then helped me get over a lot of my survivor's guilt. Basically he helped me rearrange my priorities.
>>
>>31194029

Sorry man. You would have done more if you could but it was out of your hands.
>>
File: 5708887_orig.jpg (211KB, 600x542px) Image search: [Google]
5708887_orig.jpg
211KB, 600x542px
>>31193246
>>31193372
>>31193689
>>31193579
>>31193597
>>31193841

Geese here Lads, say that shit to my face ya cunts. We'll Rekt your shit.
>>
>>31194044

I had one buddy, he was a cop and a combat vet. Nobody knew he struggled with this shit until he went into detox for Xanax addiction.

He was so kind, too. You could always count on the guy to be there and do anything for anyone. He's better now, but I feel guilty, like I should've helped him before he got to that point.
>>
>>31194120
how many suspects did he execute on their knees
>>
>>31194165

17. He showed be bodycam video. He masturbates to it.
>>
>>31194120

I'm sure your just being friendly and amicable with him helped, even if it didn't stop the disease it ameliorated the symptoms just a little bit. And besides, if you had helped him sooner rather than later he wouldn't have all those lewd bodycam videos to fap to >>31194176 .

You did his dick a service, anon.
>>
>>31192970

What a self absorbed prick. He literally thinks he's god's gift to the earth.
>>
>>31194393
Sounds like most Rangers. They lack humility.
>>
File: Detroit.jpg (142KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Detroit.jpg
142KB, 480x640px
>>31194463
I'm a Ranger and I was one of the first posters in this thread to berate him. Don't prejudge.
>>
File: 1472346225370.jpg (85KB, 1092x699px) Image search: [Google]
1472346225370.jpg
85KB, 1092x699px
>>31194504
Fair enough. I was only speaking from Rangers I've met, I'd imagine most are actually normal guys. But this is 4chan, so I have to meme at everyone and generalize things.
>>
File: 1469548098554.jpg (106KB, 400x490px) Image search: [Google]
1469548098554.jpg
106KB, 400x490px
>>31193510
>My one extreme example justifies every claim of PTSD
>>
File: 1472847621510.jpg (6KB, 249x203px) Image search: [Google]
1472847621510.jpg
6KB, 249x203px
I'll find everyone of you shit talkers in this thread.

GEESE WILL RAPE!
>>
File: golden_eagle_eating_your_guts.jpg (182KB, 870x580px) Image search: [Google]
golden_eagle_eating_your_guts.jpg
182KB, 870x580px
>>31194067
>>
>>31192970
In case he had concussions due to nearby explosions, that can cause all sorts of lack or overproduction of hormones and whatnot in your brain, what he basically does is override it all with chemicals his body produces during physical stress. Good for him. But hardly a treatment that can reliably cure neurological trauma, of which PTSD can be a symptom.

There's no difference between your brain getting blasted and being fucked up afterwards, not producing the chemicals you need, or your pancreas getting fucked up and not producing Insulin anymore. Yet if someone takes medication to treat the former, he's called a pussy, if he takes medication the treat the latter, a diabetic.

I with people would stop making a distinction between "physical" and "metal". The brain is as physical as is the liver, or heart or any other organ.
>>
>>31194727
Exactly correct.
>>
>>31193155
amen.
>>
>>31192970
He reminds me of this teacher who'd tell this one kid in the class to "try harder" to read.

The student in question was dyslexic.
>>
>>31194894
My Father-in-Law is dyslexic. His name is Richard. People call him Dick. He bought a Lexis and I about laughed myself to death. Dick's Lexis.
>>
File: conradveidt.jpg (5KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
conradveidt.jpg
5KB, 204x247px
>>31194984
Took me a minute.
>>
>>31194555
He didn't claim that, though.
>>
>>31192970

Stopped reading after "killed kids".

This isnt WW2. The iraq war wasnt some conventional total war. It was an illegal invasion.

PTSD is real and just because this sociopath is incapable of empathy, doesnt mean that an 18 year old from Alabama isnt.
>>
>>31195608
You don't have to be a sociopath to realize how insignificant a human life is and if forced to, killing them isn't that big of a deal.
>>
>>31195900
>insignificant a human life is
All life is precious, fagtron. Sometimes you have to take a life to save another, but that doesn't mean the life taken wasn't important.
>>
File: 1459410960972.png (117KB, 250x278px) Image search: [Google]
1459410960972.png
117KB, 250x278px
>>31195938
>All life is precious

Quit being naive. You're an adult now.
>>
File: 1466354304493.jpg (59KB, 500x612px) Image search: [Google]
1466354304493.jpg
59KB, 500x612px
>>31195988
>You're an adult now.
And you're an edgy child. Ending another person's life isn't something that comes lightly to any normal person.
>>
>>31195938
>all life is precious, fagtron
Yes, but it is imperative to understand that one life was doing a greater good more than the other could ever do or would be willing to do, and if that is something that you can't understand then I'm not sure how to explain anti-terrorism.
>>
File: 1471956459501.png (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471956459501.png
26KB, 500x500px
>>31196022
I guess you failed to read the second sentence of my post, work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>31194504
Interesting to see another Ranger apart from Ricky on /k/.
>>
File: churchlady.jpg (88KB, 550x485px) Image search: [Google]
churchlady.jpg
88KB, 550x485px
>>31193211
>But homosexuality is a legit mental illness
>Implying
>>
>>31195900
You said it brother...bullets are cheap and human life is equally cheaper...

REAPER OF DEATH OUT
>>
combat vets need to go to /pol/. after lurking for a few months they would have no qualms about killing muslims. now you may end up with a huge spike in ww2 veteran suicides after they realize they fought the saviors of the white race.
>>
>>31196181

> Expecting anything good from /pol/ outside of a few polisci majors with a masochim fetish

Even the reactionary trips from /k/ won't go there, anon. Why would you?
>>
>>31192970

Are there people that go to warzones that don't get PTSD without already being psychopaths/lacking a conscience? Is it a relatively large group or a small minority?

Are there ways for people to prevent or at least minimize their chances of getting something like PTSD?
>>
>>31196465
A buddy of mine was a TC in the mid 2000's. He said there was this weird disconnect between the inside of the tank and the rest of the world. Almost like he was playing a video game.

But his tank mostly blew up empty buildings and knocked down walls, when it wasn't on patrol or undergoing maintenance anyway.
>>
>>31196465
Try getting blown up by an IED. You get tossed like a toy and violently wounded. Sometimes you lose a leg or an arm. Sometimes your head gets rattled like an Earthquake.

Recover from that and everyone will be impressed.
>>
File: 1453017001147.png (462KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1453017001147.png
462KB, 680x383px
>>31196015
If you're joining the armed forces and can't handle the concept that a handful of lives taken out of the billions of people on the planet isn't that big of a deal, you should have picked a desk job instead.
>>
>>31196530
I'm sure you know all about it.
>>
>>31196465

The guy in OP's case is just a blowhard egotistical prick. He doesnt represent the majority of vets
>>
>>31192970

Hollow words from a killer who is trying to forget.
>>
>>31196530
>Implying you can't believe in the value of human lives whilst still working in a combat position.

That's what separates men from boys, I guess. Being able to put one's personal feelings aside to get the job done is generally seen as a sign of maturity. A friend of mine put it best, "Act now, feel later."
>>
>>31192970

Is it true he killed women and children in war (innocents?) if he does not feel guilt then HE has a mental disorder. He is a danger to people and his statements about PTSD reinforces that fact.

Possibly
He is a near sociopath or suffering a Solipsist worldview without the ability to be empathetic to fellow humans. I would treat him as a risk like a natural hazard if he truly has that worldview. The last sentence visible is pretty scary and reinforces the idea he has a actual mental disorder and is in denial. He probably is the sort of person you do not want to be armed and around you.

Often PTSD is the recurrences of behaviors that kept people alive in times of danger and stress. There is also a probable correlation for PTSD to certain combat injuries, he may of never had the organic injury component. Because of his detachment he may never of suffered from enough stress/combat time to develop PTSD. It is also possible he has only been in situations where he never felt at risk. Was he actually in combat for extended periods of time? Did he actually do what he did? Or he is just talking some BS.

And if he was in the US combat arms his admissions may make him subject to the UCMJ. What arm of the military was he in? If any folks with connections read this you might want to look into his claim. It sounds like he might have gone way beyond non-judicial punishment, Captain's Mast, or Office Hours. As it is I am dismayed he makes these claims, he reflects poorly on whatever service he may of been in.
>>
File: [01234.png (114KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
[01234.png
114KB, 500x375px
>>31192970
>>
>>31196600
>if he does not feel guilt then HE has a mental disorder
That is not what he is saying. He is saying that you need to be involved in your personal mental health to get over the horror show that is sometimes life.
>>
>>31193273
>But if PTSD is some crippling thing that you can't even function on a basic level, you're just a fucking pussy that shouldn't have been in war to begin with.
How are you supposed to know that before you join the army and all you know is the nationalist brainwashing that you've been taught since birth and your spoonfed ideas of valor and bravery and freedom? Most people have no idea what they're getting into when they sign up to fight in wars that are fought solely for the benefit of the elites running our society. It's fucking stupid to act like people who get fucked up in war deserved it just for being there.
>>
>>31193744
with out being in delta..right?
>>
>>31196644
>>stop being a pussy

no direction to heal just tough thru it yea right

he's pretty much saying stop with the wimping out without understanding the causes

I like this example
>>31194894

He's a conceited self centered bastard pretty much.
>>
>>31193429
Not everyone is Audi Murphy.

Specially not this queer.
>>
>>31197048
Even Murphy had some serious issues with what we would call PTSD nowadays. Just goes to show that it's always been there.
>>
He is just an attention whore. PTSD is a very real thing and you aren't a pussy if you suffer from it. Are you a pussy for having cerebral palsy, dementia, schizo, etc?
>>
>>31196600
>Is it true he killed women and children in war (innocents?)

Doubtful. He said it because it sounded cool in his head. He lives his life based on tough boy nuggies.
>>
>>31193455
>Working out and being active is now an obsessive self destructive habit...

no you fucking retard, you can go to your fucking gym and do some workout, you can have your gains, you can run your 40 miles for the next marathon

but trying to overcome everything at everyhour of the day is only making you closer to death than usual
>>
>>31192970
>be a generous lover

So the key to getting over PTSD is being a

C U C K

U

C

K

?
>>
I find it easy to distract myself from the past to work hard as fuck every day. However, I too have slipped into substance abuse, depression, ect. It is very easy to do when the fucked up shit consumes your brain. So I would say he is partially right. Im not the most spiritual person in the world and almost never bring religion into any conversation but I remember an old story my pastor told me when I was struggling. It was about a fisherman who was stuck in a storm and he thought if he prayed god would do all the work but the sea consumed him. When he met god in the afterlife he was like what the fuck man and god told him that he would have been saved if he made an effort. You gotta make an effort. You wont get better taking bong rips and hittin the bottle. You have to work to self improve YOURSELF. However, some people need more help than others and I know how difficult it can be to get help and how easy it can be to just try to numb yourself instead. Some people need support and it saddens me that people dont get the help they need. But at the end of the day you are the only person you have control over. Only you can help yourself when you have nothing else. It really fuckin sucks, but you have to try to push through it because if you dont you wont. Also, everyone is different and copes differently. I read about some sturmbock ace who after ww2 kinda became an isolationist but just focused on being healthy, gardening, and being self sustaining and pouring his energy into that to distract himself. You just gotta not be self destructive and do something to move past the fucked up shit that happened because whats done is done but you are still alive and you gotta keep survivin and not become a statistic
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 600x450px
Lots of people have this same pov. That's ok, but the reality is that it is not the case for everyone. Just give it time, he may be fine now but it will come with a vengeance when he least expects it. He will be 60 with debilitating memories. Good luck to him and all who believe in "suck it up pussy". Get help. Lost a brother because he tried to suck it up.
>>
File: what they're sending.png (996KB, 1559x1559px) Image search: [Google]
what they're sending.png
996KB, 1559x1559px
>>31192970
>be a generous lover
kek. I wasn't expecting that
>>
File: 1452878709310.jpg (51KB, 500x645px) Image search: [Google]
1452878709310.jpg
51KB, 500x645px
>>31192970
non /k/ here.
I've heard second hand,VERY limited first had,that special forces(teh guy in op's pic?) get ptsd because they are the hunters,standard military fellas,pretty much wait to get killed.
Am I wrong,fuck faces?
>>
>>31197048
You mean the guy who's PTSD led to the alcohol problem which ruined his life?

Should never have gone to war according to the experts ITT
>>
File: Fuck_fear.gif (4MB, 280x254px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck_fear.gif
4MB, 280x254px
>>31196988
That is not what he is saying at all. He is saying that you have to be actively fight against it.
He is not saying, don't take medicine, or don't go to the VA. He is saying fight PTSD,actively fight against it.

You guys may not like it but just taking medicine will not always help. Taking medicine, getting therapy, being active, taking care of yourself, painting a picture, whatever it is for you that make you tick is very important to healing.

>>31197048
>Audi Murphy
He stared in his own movie. If he was alive today /k/ would be hating on him with the passion of 1000 dark weaboo suns

>>31197301
>but trying to overcome everything at everyhour of the day is only making you closer to death than usual

I can't tell if you are implying or angst ridden or both...
>>
>>31193155
This. I've killed women and children and i have a wife and child of my own. There's no way this guy isn't having problems in civilian life.
>>
File: SOON.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
SOON.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>31194067
>>
>>31197093
There's evidence that soldiers in the Crusades suffered from PTSD when they came back home.
>>
>>31197580
There is even evidence before that so this definitely isn't something modern. My Dad and a few of my uncles have PTSD and they are the most brave people I've ever met.
>>
>>31193179
That's not what begs the question means. Stop using that phrase incorrectly.
>>
>>31197476
so no answer?
>>
>>31193762
You're the one with paranoia you retard nigger faggot, thinking there's some great conspiracy among American gun owners. They are without a doubt one of the most diverse groups in America, simply because guns have so many applications.

Just because you can't acknowledge it and are too new to know that /k/ in general HATES fucking /pol/ doesn't mean its not a widely known fact.

You fucking mental pygmie.
>>
File: 1472844546902.jpg (236KB, 960x923px) Image search: [Google]
1472844546902.jpg
236KB, 960x923px
>>31192970
I think he's trying to tell people to bottle their shit up, and have so many distractions that there's no time for PTSD.

The real issue though, is the misdiagnosis of PTSD by the VA. Three of my closest friends committed suicide within a month of each other. I went 4 months, tried everything I could think of, did research, talked to family, then a pastor, then a counselor. I just could not shake the funk, no matter what.

I went to the VA to get help, just some medication to even me out while I worked through the deaths of my friends. As soon as I walked in the door they told me I had PTSD. Started asking about how much combat I'd seen, and if I had nightmares. No, I said, my friends are dead I'm sad. Nope. PTSD. All day. That's what you got.

>recordfallingofftrack.mp3

I told them to fuck themselves and went to a GP, who recommended me to a psychiatrist, who put me on mild stabilizers and said I simply had depression, and seemed to suffer from a strange form of survivors guilt
>why couldnt they reach out to me
>why didn't they get help
>I failed them
After a month of counseling and stabilizers I was weaned off the medication and went about my life.

Tl;dr: It's an issue with the VA. They think every vet with a negative emotion is suffering from PTSD, cram zombie pills down your throat, and are helping create a victim culture inside the veteran community. Fuck them, for real.

Have some puppies for good vibes.
>>
>>31198860
McNig, is that you?

Hope you are well.
>>
>>31198897
Nyet. As I recall, McNig had a Galil
>>
File: 1470066288592.jpg (59KB, 540x631px) Image search: [Google]
1470066288592.jpg
59KB, 540x631px
>>31198664
Bro "mental pygmie" has me almost in tears from laughter. I'm going to have to use that sometime. Also this
>>31193684
guy is probably just !5 without the trip
>>
>>31193049
I feel like a hobbled goose that goes buck wild on a dog deserves some kind of special acknowledgment.

>That badass needs his own private pond with lots of bitches.

>Preferably behind high walls and lots of barb wire.
>>
>>31192970
Sounds like he's using a pending heart attack to cope. But he is right, those who overcome the trauma tend to find something to focus on and avoid clinging to the memories. I'm still learning how to do that, but it's been a series of progressions. You just gotta get back up each time you fall down.
>>
>>31192970
>dad grew up in rural English village in 1960s
>old fella in village who had been at Passchendaele during WW1
>gassed, bombarded and faced death for months on end
>still physically shaking from shell shock 40+ years after event
That old boy endured infinitely more shit than the guy in OP's pic, people undergo different experiences and are affected in different ways.

The old vet in the village was given a small postal delivery route, which was probably all he could manage, nobody berated him for it, he just kept going as best he could.
>>
>>31193124
Is that the milfhunter?
>>
File: yoelromero10.jpg (81KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
yoelromero10.jpg
81KB, 640x360px
nigga, got /heem/ed by a PED Cuban and a stool
>>
>>31200994

Going back to school has helped me cope. You can keep yourself as busy as you need and you have a near constant stream of shit you can focus on. Other than that, working out consistently and reading/videogames is good too.
>>
>>31201918
Hah, I can't afford school, and I don't have the time to study with a factory job that pays my bills and allows me to save.
>>
>>31196958
CIF has access to relatively the same funding. They do partake in DA together but they remain in an SF group
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.