[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you get your ammo from /k/?? What's the cheapest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: ammo31-1024x682.jpg (270KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
ammo31-1024x682.jpg
270KB, 1024x682px
Where do you get your ammo from /k/?? What's the cheapest way to get some 5.56? Do most of you just go to Walmart or what?
>>
>>31190773
Download AmmoSeek
>>
>>31190785
So you buy online? Forgive me for being ignorant but.... you can just order online and have the ammo delivered to your door?
>>
>>31190844
Certain States, Citys, etc allow ammo shipped to your door.

> Los Angeles, CA is a no-go. You can't buy ammo and have it shipped to you.
>>
>>31190844
Yes - gun-deals com. Select the Ammo Deals tab.
>>
>>31190852
Looked it up and seems I'm good to go in my state. How do you feel about remanufactured ammo? I just want this shit for range/stockpiling purposes

http://www.blackgunindustries.com/products/5-56x45-55-gr-remanufactured-cases-500-rnds?variant=263635142
>>
>>31190863
Hit or miss. A friend of mine shoots almost exclusively LAX reman. I prefer factory new rounds, and I sell the brass cheap to friends who reload.
>>
>>31190856
>TulAmmo
>$0.21 per round

But this stuff is actually garbage, right?
>>
Reloading.
>>
>>31190863
Just stack the cheaper imported stuff. That's what is likely to be banned or restricted in some way first. Plink the remanufactured.

If you can't afford much of it, just accept your financial limitations for now. Ammo is expensive and there isn't a way around it.
>>
>>31190852
What the fuck, even in Canada you van have ammo and guns delivered to your door.
>>
File: sb.jpg (143KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sb.jpg
143KB, 800x600px
>>31190863
>Looked it up and seems I'm good to go in my state. How do you feel about remanufactured ammo? I just want this shit for range/stockpiling purposes

stockpiling for how long? do you stockpile ammo without paint sealed primers and case mouth?
>>
>>31190773
ammoseek.com
>>
>>31191021
No my dude. I have seen ammo in the Navy that has sat for 10+ years in a rusty spam can and shot just fine. I plan on cycling it anyway so I will never have any ammo close to that long
>>
>>31191079
>No my dude.
so what are you saying? I know modern ammo probably will work 100 years from it's production date but if I'm stockpiling it for.... *cough* SHTF *cough* I'd rally wnat to make sure I'm getting the best I can. I have vacuum sealed 2k of 9mm and 3k of 223 S&B "POLICE" ammo for that purpose. I's not a whole lot - just about as much as I could carry as I leave my home.
>>
>>31191112
Woops. I meant to say I don't see a point in going through the effort of sealing and preserving ammo like that. Like I've seen rusted to shit .50 cal, 9mm, and 5.56 that has been soaked in sea water and left outside in a can for months still cycle and shoot perfectly well with hardly a handful of malfunctions out of hundreds of rounds. I'm just not that worried about it.
>>
>>31190773
ammoman and bulkammo are my go-tos
>>
>>31191156
>with hardly a handful of malfunctions out of hundreds of rounds.

Ok, we have different standards then. I'm just saying, I heard lots of "horror stories" about ammonia chemicals fucking up your ammo and I have to believe there is a reason why our government has police use this sealed ammo. i
>>
I'm probably in the minority but I don't stockpile much. I keep a baseline of 1k .22, .223, and 9mm. Add another 500 rounds of 208 and various 12 gauge. That's my non shooting line... Can't go below that short of emergency.

I have several thousand rounds on top of those amounts that I shoot through for fun. And I run reloads through everything...both my own and certain factory... Go freedom munitions!
>>
File: Austrian combat divers.jpg (176KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Austrian combat divers.jpg
176KB, 615x410px
>>31191191
that aside, 2 of my 3 of my escape plans involve swimming down a river

t. totally not crazy
>>
>>31191220
Wow just retread that. 1000 each of the calibers and 500 each of 12g and 308. Potato phone.
>>
>>31191191
>Ok, we have different standards then.

Not really. If ammo can take that much abuse and only have a handful of malfunctions out of that many rounds, then there is no reason to expect any malfunctions out of ammo just sitting in a climate controlled house.
>>
>>31191340
dunno. people always bitch about ammo for SD vs. range ammo - in SHTF, every single burret is a SD bullet that needs to be of the highest quality (you can afford).
>>
I'm a cop in Chicago. I just empty the basketball Americans mags before I put in evidence bags. I have like 2500 rounds of 9mm
>>
>>31191557
>stealing evidence
>>
>>31191481
> in SHTF, every single burret is a SD bullet that needs to be of the highest quality (you can afford).

thats a problem for everyone unless you are stupid rich, would you rather have 5k rounds that work 99.9% of the time or 2.5k rounds that work 99.99% of the time?
>>
>>31191596
>5k rounds that work 99.9% of the time or 2.5k rounds that work 99.99% of the time

I would kinda think that's the same thing - cheapo ammo of dubious quality (Magtech & Bernaul *cough*) is more like 99%. meaning in a 100rds, there is at least one dud in my exp.
>>
>>31191627
Are we talking about a solid struck primer that just misfired? Because that's the only real malfunction that matters when it comes to ammo quality
>>
>>31191776
>Are we talking about a solid struck primer that just misfired? Because that's the only real malfunction that matters when it comes to ammo quality

well, I'm not gonna pretend i have that much exp when I don't - I've shot 2.5k rounds total in my guns so take that for what it's worth. I don't have 2nd strike capable guns so it really doesn't matress either way. for these brands, 1 in 100 will just not fire when hit and Bernaul even gave me one squib which had me shit my pants and almost give up shooting.
>>
>>31190773
SGAmmo for everything, best service best stock and fastest shipping of anyone.
>>
>>31190773
I reload using components purchased over the internet
>>
>>31191887
Targetsportsusa
Free shipping on bulk
Usually brass 9mm for $.20 or $.21
>>
File: 1469692252836.jpg (11KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
1469692252836.jpg
11KB, 500x314px
>>31190931
Plink ammo, not for moa shoostin, good for
>HOW MANY HOLES CAN I MAKE IN A PUMPKIN
>>
>>31190773
steal it from whitey
>>
>>31191887
Fuck you asshole, don't tell these new newfags about that company.
>>
Cabelas and arms list because I only buy 8mm mauser
>>
File: spongebob ball.jpg (32KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob ball.jpg
32KB, 512x384px
>>31190844
>>
For brands of ammo, who is good to go with, Federal? Or a better question be is there any brand I should avoid picking up?
>>
>>31194281
Remington UMC
Winchester Forged
>>
>>31194325

> Remington UMC

Learned this the hard way after 5 boxes on my first pistol. Imagine my surprise when I switched to Federal and discovered my pistol actually kept the slide back on an empty mag if the bullet had a full powder charge.

Fuck you, Remington.
>>
>>31190931
I guess it depends on what caliber and firearm you buy it for. AK's eat this shit up w/o a second thought. AR's on the other hand should use brass cased ammo (no lacquer). Handguns - I use brass also.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.