[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /k/ I'll get straight to the point. I'm 28,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: ancientmurderweapon.png (679KB, 1176x1322px) Image search: [Google]
ancientmurderweapon.png
679KB, 1176x1322px
Hello, /k/

I'll get straight to the point. I'm 28, jobless, and living with my parents. I'm thinking of joining the military. I could use the discipline and structure. However, I've never been in shape in my life. I've been walking/running lately, and watching what I eat. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. pls no bully

Pic unrelated
>>
File: ar47.png (429KB, 1524x798px) Image search: [Google]
ar47.png
429KB, 1524x798px
Bumping with fake Brady posters

Wish I could find the ones I made, but they probably sucked
>>
>>31182673
whats your current weight and height?

if you dont know guestimate.
>>
File: gunviolins.jpg (194KB, 800x1116px) Image search: [Google]
gunviolins.jpg
194KB, 800x1116px
>>
File: eightysevenpercentisalot.jpg (110KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
eightysevenpercentisalot.jpg
110KB, 1024x887px
>>31182749
5'7"
250lbs
>>
File: imeanreallydoyou.jpg (508KB, 640x1180px) Image search: [Google]
imeanreallydoyou.jpg
508KB, 640x1180px
>>
Start doing endurance training and bodyweight exercises (push-ups, pull-ups,etc), weightlifting would be a nice accessory to to compliment, but the focus of your training should be expecting to haul 40-50 lbs. of gear over long distances. For bodyweight exercises, I would look up barstarzzz on youtube as they have a ton of exercise tutorials you can do, and obviously with cardio, just gradually up the intensity and distance as you go along.
>>
>>31182828
My problem is motivation. What is the best kick in the ass that I can do every day to make me motivated? I want to want to do it, I really do
>>
>>31182673
>>31182789
>>31182849

>Short
>Incredibly fat
>Jobless
>Living with parents
Here's a kick in the ass for you: you're fucking pathetic.

When I was 18 I was holding down regular jobs, saving for college while simultaneously using around 5% of my income for my own personal desires.

You need to go make something of yourself.

Also I'm 6 foot 140 lb. I bet you're nearly a circle.
>>
File: image.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>31182906 is right. You're pathetic. I've been working since I had my restricted permit at 15.5.
26 now.
6'5" 200lbs.
I'm a manager.
>>31182673
You need to get your shit together 2 years ago. Anything that's not proactive for your future needs to be thrown in the garbage. You're lucky you're still youngish.
>>
>>31183021
>>31182906

Not helping, I've literally known that for 8 years
>>
>>31182789
As others have said, you're a mess. On the bright side, there is rarely task that can't be completed if broken down into small enough parts.
Here's some constructive advice then. Lose at least 50 of those lbs before trying to join the military. If you can manage to keep your weight down, you _may_ stand a chance at getting through basic training.
If you can't lose the weight, not even the military can fix your shit.

Fortunately, losing weight isn't a difficult thing to do, so start there.
>>
>>31183193
Any advice on diet? Grilled chicken and oatmeal is what my Navy buddy told me

And fuckloads of water
>>
>>31183209
You don't necessarily need the fuckloads of water unless you sweat and piss like a racehorse. Drink when you're thirsty, eat less, stay fairly active. You say you've been taking walks or jogs, keep doing that.

There's no secret to dieting other than discipline. That being said, discipline is exactly what you need. Losing weight is a good place to start.
>>
>>31182673
C25K program, works great for people who NEVER run. Watch what you eat. You have to really want to make a change here, anon.
>>
Can you even run 2 miles?
>>
>>31183232
I do sweat an awful lot

And advice on the discipline aspect? So far just berating myself for not doing it has been barely enough. I feel like I need to be pushed to a breaking point, but my life is too cushy for that. Maybe if I make a thread about it every so often, you guys can motivate me by calling me a pathetic faggot. I get the feeling people would get tired of that though, plus I realize what a fucking loser I am so I'm not sure how effective that would be

I'm just spitballing at this point. I have to go pick up my mom in a minute, may be a couple of hours before I come back
>>
File: arnold.jpg (135KB, 640x648px) Image search: [Google]
arnold.jpg
135KB, 640x648px
>>31183295
Go to /fit/, read the fucking sticky, and browse a few fat hate threads. As a 225 lb 6'3" /fit/izen down from 300 lbs, I can tell you that they know a good amount about getting your shit together.

Aside from that, you're a fucking joke and should probably hang yourself with a steel cable. Good luck!
>>
>>31183295
Discipline is quite the trick. Again, there is rarely a thing that can't be completed if broken down into small enough parts. Discipline and taking action are no different. The nature of discipline is to come up with a series of things that can be reasonably accomplished, then _do_ them. You need to get motivated to do those things. To get motivated, the only way I've found that really helps is to simply start. Don't think, just start. Set your brain on autopilot if you have to - just to get your body moving. It is so much easier to keep doing something than it is to start doing something. Once you get the ball rolling, everything else is relatively easy.
The last trick to discipline is just as important as the first: don't stop your routine. If you stop your routine, it will put you back at square one in short order.
>>
>>31183295
you could go full vegetarian and cut out all sweets(juice, cookies, tea, soda).

My brother did it, he went from 300lbs to 160lbs in under a year. Aside from that all he did was run 3 times a week and he sucks at running.
>>
>>31182906
>6'
>140
lanky manlet pls leave
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.