[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the CIA so incredibly inept in everything they do? inb4:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: GettyImages-164047673-E.jpg (225KB, 686x385px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-164047673-E.jpg
225KB, 686x385px
Why is the CIA so incredibly inept in everything they do?

inb4: you don't hear about their successes

CIA fuck ups are so monumental they are giant events in world history
>>
>>31180847
what is that pic from anon?
besides gettyimages.com
>>
>>31181861
Prolly bay of pigs
>>
>>31180847
Well, for starters, if it is a success with the CIA you are never supposed to hear about it. At least until it is deemed declassified.
>>
File: rod.jpg (9KB, 300x377px) Image search: [Google]
rod.jpg
9KB, 300x377px
I must assume you're talking about administrative fuckups. Because field operations are mostly conducted by ex-Special Forces and SOF. Those men have a pretty fucking impressive track record.
>>
File: Revolutionary_Guards.jpg (425KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Revolutionary_Guards.jpg
425KB, 1024x682px
>>31180847
>Why is the CIA so incredibly inept in everything they do?

Because the State Dept does things better.

They fucked up Syria by inciting a revolution of the Muslim Brotherhood.

They took down Libya and created a sectarian civil war that will go on for 30 years and sparked a refugee migrant crisis in Europe.

They fucked up Ukraine and tied down Russia into a fratricidal civil war by inciting a coup d'etat and installing some corrupt Oligarch vassal and cronies in most important slots.

I'd say their operations are all overwhelmingly successful in carrying out the Neo-Cohen agenda.

Can't wait for more under Hillary.
>>
Dickwaving with other intelligence agencies, dickwaving within their own agency, incredibly stuck-up sense of self-importance. Among other things. If there's one cool thing they did, it'd probably be this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Azorian
>>
>>31180847
They thought they were in charge

They never thought to wonder why they'd shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane
>>
File: cia.jpg (115KB, 1217x835px) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
115KB, 1217x835px
>>31181888
Well, it's partially this.

This is just me spitballing on a subject I know little and sounding like I'm from arfcom.

I'd imagine it's mostly we don't hear about the "good" ones until they're declassified or exposed. I'd imagine it's because they have such a wide mission. When I was a kid, I figured they just, like, did some James Bond shit at best and mostly worked in intelligence. However, they seem to have a very, very wide range of missions. You have things down from MKULTRA to the Bay of Pigs and other forms of foreign-state destabilization sorts of things. It's actually pretty good.

I'd theorize that, because of this, they often get themselves into things they really shouldn't and pay the price, probably. Or, even scarier, don't, and we'll never know.

>>31181975
Man, fuck the state department. "Oh, why do you hate Obama, anon? What did his administration do? You're just some stupid, racist right-wing gun nut, you don't know anything!"

Have you faggots just not paid attention to the world for the last eight years or so?
>>
It's because the heads of CIA think and act as if they're running the James Bond Agency and completely disregard the espionage and intelligence gathering parts of the CIA which is the reason why it was founded in the first place.
Whether espionage could exist in a supposedly transparent democracy is another story

They go for the more ((showy)) acts of james bond espionage like overthrowing governments and trying to conduct state sanctioned assassinations.
>aren't drone strikes state sanctioned assassinations
Probably
>>
>>31181975
.50 rubles have been deposited in your account
>>
theyre better at criminal shit than actually taking down enemies of the state. good at running the drug trade, good at extortion, good at using their "legitimacy" for their own benefit.
>>
>>31183509

>$2 dollars have been deposited to your account from the Clinton Foundation, AIPAC and National Review.
>>
>>31183630
I get paid directly by the DoD as part of Earnest Voice.

I feel bad for the AIPAC shills, those guys are just volunteers.
>>
>>31183630
>national review working with the clinton foundation
nigga wat
>>
>>31180847

it is actually the other way around

the small handful of relative successes are bragged about incessantly while the giant pile of failures are buried and ignored

for example, to this day gullible retards brag about the phoenix program or their "work" with MACV-SOG in vietnam while the reality was that the program was thoroughly infiltrated and false-flagged by NV agents and SV officials used it to settle personal vendettas
>>
>>31180847
CIA can't even transport 3 masked men in a plane without crashing
>>
>>31180847
Smart dirt is hard to find. Same with the FBI. They still take their toll though.
>>
>>31182526
>arfcom

You have to go back
>>
>>31181861
Oil reserves of Cuba. Sugar plantations were slowly fading.
>>
>>31183751

He's a vatnik, all he knows is that he's supposed to type some american group, then clinton, then a conspiracy theory.
>>
>>31181975
as if that wasnt the intended result
>>
>>31186145
>confusing incompetence and the unintended consequences of delusional scheming with a long play

topkek
>>
File: Doggdor Bovel Im CIA.png (14KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
Doggdor Bovel Im CIA.png
14KB, 250x150px
>>31180847
>>
>>31185224
PHOENIX was run by a bunch of "de-naizifed" SS officers we brought over during PAPERCLIP, or their sons. its how the CIA was started, a bunch of rich psychotic WASPs, Nazis, and serial killers. its why Skorzeny was let loose after the war, and colby had a career.

>>31185480
one was a big guy though.
>>
File: 1472590101196.png (482KB, 686x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1472590101196.png
482KB, 686x1008px
>>
>>31182275
I actually think that character was a great representation of how the CIA operates, IE meddling with foreign mercenaries, thinking they've got the upper hand until their foolproof idea blows up in their faces.
>>
>>31186419
what the fuck is this?
>>
File: bane4.jpg (79KB, 960x520px) Image search: [Google]
bane4.jpg
79KB, 960x520px
>>31186601
>he's un-initiated
>>
They did a good job de-Slaving Afghanistan

And haven't you ever seen "Zero Dark Thirty"?
>>
>>31186601
Dock Tor Paw Mouse Chat(?) Sea Eye Lmao
must be code
>>
>>31182526
Since when did the cast of its always sunny in Philadelphia go operating Inna trashcanistan?
>>
>>31186419
BASED BILL WILSON
>>
>>31180847
I dunno they pulled off 9/11 pretty well
>>
>>31181975
>They took down Libya and created a sectarian civil war that will go on for 30 years and sparked a refugee migrant crisis in Europe.
Kek 30 years sure went by fast
>>
>>31180847
Probably because you haven't heard about all the things that worked.
>>
File: 1469039524383.jpg (161KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469039524383.jpg
161KB, 1080x720px
>>31183751

National Review has been shitting on Trump endlessly which is essentially leading Clinton straight into the White House.

>>31186121

Eat shit pinko communist faggot Zionist Clinton cunt.
>>
>>31180847
Because you never hear about sucessful ops like the Panama Preparation or what the Russians tried to do in Mexico.
>>
>>31186654
Doctor
>Paw mouse chat
C.I.A
>>
File: 1472615412677.jpg (3MB, 2306x1505px) Image search: [Google]
1472615412677.jpg
3MB, 2306x1505px
this makes me wonder, why are other country's intelligence agencies not get fucked in the ass by media after their failures?
do no do anything as cool as the US alphabet agencies do?
Are they just better?
do they have failures but their coverup game is on point?
or does the US media not care?
(last one doesn't really make sense since it seems to me that they try to take every chance they get to make other countries look really aggressive)
>>
>>31180847
The belief that the end justifies the means coupled with organisational inertia, spiced with civilians attempting force projection.

One of the most lovely cockups they cooked up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Program
>>
>>31189907
The MI6 has suffered shitloads of failures and embarassments from the Suez Crisis to the Supergun Scandal.
>>
>>31190277

>The problem was, how do you find the people on the blacklist? It's not like you had their address and telephone number. The normal procedure would be to go into a village and just grab someone and say, 'Where's Nguyen so-and-so?' Half the time the people were so afraid they would not say anything. Then a Phoenix team would take the informant, put a sandbag over his head, poke out two holes so he could see, put commo wire around his neck like a long leash, and walk him through the village and say, 'When we go by Nguyen's house scratch your head.' Then that night Phoenix would come back, knock on the door, and say, 'April Fool, motherfucker.' Whoever answered the door would get wasted. As far as they were concerned whoever answered was a Communist, including family members. Sometimes they'd come back to camp with ears to prove that they killed people.

Vietnam era makes the current CIA/JSOC drone assassination program look tame.
>>
>>31180847
>Why is the CIA so incredibly inept in everything they do?
WTF?

They can find literally anyone in a matter of seconds/minutes and have locally embedded assets activated and in action basically anywhere in the world within 10 minutes.

Sleeper agent assassins wait for the call 24/7, and will follow executive orders to the death. Not to mention the stations that they have with 20-30 SF trained personnel for back up.
>>
>>31190298
I'm not sure if you've read too much or not enough Clancy.
>>
>>31186419
dock tor paw veel I.M. sea eye ayyy
>>
>>31190297
Some people love their jobs a little too much, I guess.

It's what happens when psychos hire a bunch of other psychos to do a thing.

Naturally, you get chaos and not a lot productivity.
>>
Most of the cia stuff were minimal a lot of it was based on slavery, and then a big leap into the industrial age with propaganda. between me and you I don't think that one is changing mr president

*unzip*
>>
>>31186850
Fund this.
>"The gang goes to Afghanistan"
>>
>>31182275
To be fair, a few people have survived falling from airplanes. Why not shoot a man before throwing him from an airplane?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.