[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of getting a Hi Point carbine for my first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Image.jpg (989KB, 3264x924px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
989KB, 3264x924px
I'm thinking of getting a Hi Point carbine for my first gun. What does /k/ generally think of these firearms?
>>
We begrudgingly admit they aren't so bad
>>
>>31179446
Cost effective nigger slayers
>>
>>31179446
i bought one as my first.

very mild recoil

meh trigger, but not terrible

surprisingly comfy in terms of weight balance

cheap to shoot = more practice

more accurate than it has a right to be, out to 100 yards. with a good optic you could stretch out a bit, but it loses a lot of accuracy around the 200 yard mark

god tier customer service, seriously.

their store has decent accessories that are cheap but work.

im not saying they are perfect, but they are retardedly rugged, pretty accurate, and fire a man-stopping round. all for under 300 sheckles.
>>
>>31179446
They are ok but you can do better.
>>
There are new hi cap magazines on the market that are supposedly reliable

Nows the time to whip it out
>>
>>31179941
Just make sure to secure the fuck our of the front sight as it has a occasional tendency to fall off of some models. I remember getting one used for 120 and turning it in as an 'assault weapon' for 200. Naturally said money upgraded my collection
>>
>>31180128
just throw on an optic with all the money you saved buying cheap shit
>>
>>31180166
The weird thing is it seemed to shoot better with irons (when they stayed on). I would certainly pick up a crate of these for fun and profitable gun buybacks though
>>
>>31179446
Buying a Hi Point Carbine taught me firsthand the lesson of "buy once, cry once". I don't have it anymore.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-28-02-15-43.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-28-02-15-43.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
I love mine.
Cheap, mild recoil, suprisingly accurate.
It's pretty fuggin heavy for its size, though
>>
The polymer feels absolutely garbage-tier compared to even base AR polymer, much less MOE or the like.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>31179446
seemed to work well for them.
>>
I'd advise to just get an AK or AR
It will be about the same cost ammo wise if you shoot steel case
If you can't afford either, I haven't heard much bad things about hi point for the price
>>
1. Get HiPoint 9mm rifle
2. Get ATI faux Beretta stock
3. Get Redball 20 rounders
4. ???
5. Profit
>>
>>31180329
Damn, really? Was it? I thought the HiPoint was newer than that
>>
>>31179446
Go for Taurus instead. Best brand out there my man.
>>
A s2k gen 2 is what I would get if you can find one.
>>
It's really good at clearing out a library op
>>
>>31181404
>Taurus
>for anything but 92FS clones
Nope.

>>31181306
They've been making them since the 90's.

Of course, the stock is an uglier design now.
>>
Pot metal and nasty. Get a used one in good shape if you do. Can get a much better gun for what you pay for the TS version a lot of places. I have one and it is just another EOTWAWKI hand out gun.
>>
>>31179446
>lol hi point
Memes aside, solid cheap gun. Not a bad first gun, but not the best.
>>
File: highpoint.jpg (798KB, 2079x957px) Image search: [Google]
highpoint.jpg
798KB, 2079x957px
receiver cover off
>>
File: sexay.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
sexay.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>
File: sub2k.jpg (138KB, 800x490px) Image search: [Google]
sub2k.jpg
138KB, 800x490px
>>31181543
Agreed a Glock mag subby is a great briefcase gun and better all around.
>>
don't you just love it when everytime someone asks about a gun and half of the replies are
>lol just get something else for the same price lol /k/ memes
Why is it shit? What't the so called better options for the price? Fuck.
>>
>>31179446
ehhhhhh, buy an SKS
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.