[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fore-end doesn't resemble the fore-end that you would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 14

File: clyde_armory_zastava.jpg (172KB, 1000x415px) Image search: [Google]
clyde_armory_zastava.jpg
172KB, 1000x415px
The fore-end doesn't resemble the fore-end that you would find any other Kalashnikov. It's unnaturally different, and for that reason alone, I feel unparalleled levels of hatred towards any Zastava M70.

Is anyone like this with other firearms?
>>
Looks pretty normal to me.
>>
>>31177352
It's ugly as fuck. The flat bottom part is disgusting.
>>
>>31177352
I was the same way about your mom in regards to her pussy. But then I realized I was fucking your dad in a wig.
>>
>>31177352
>I feel unparalleled levels of hatred towards any Zastava M70.

I'm with you. Love Ak's but fucking hate paps.
>special snowflake furniture
>need special snowflake parts specifically for the pap like pap specific ultimaks, rs regulate side rails etc
>non chrome lined barrel but yugo surp is corrosive
>snowflake stock will give you cheek slap if you don't shoulder it correctly
>some variants are heavier with a bullshit rpk reciever

They're dumb as shit. If I wanted an akm, I would get a wasr. Also dracos are shit too
>>
>>31177352
WASR or bust. And if any of you fucks have an arsenal HAH way to waste your money
>>
>>31177475

> Serbian rifles
> Romanian rifle
> Bulgarian rifles

Why aren't there any Polish AKMs that aren't kits? While I'm at it, why aren't their more beryls?

>>31177475

Did a wandering Bulgarian piss on your potato garden or what?
>>
>>31177528
because polish a shit
>>
File: AMD_65_by_Drake_UK.jpg (617KB, 1200x866px) Image search: [Google]
AMD_65_by_Drake_UK.jpg
617KB, 1200x866px
>>31177352
Then you'll hate this
>>
>>31177434
>>some variants are heavier with a bullshit rpk reciever
>actually complaining about having an RPK receiver
the rest is fair
>>
>>31178827
It's so ugly, it's beautiful
>>
>>31177352
the furniture looks like cheap fiberboard
>>
>>31179005
Congrats you've pretty much discovered the reason why I and most of my friends are into slavshits.

It's like that bizarre girl who in aspects of common aesthetics should be considered ugly but for some reason you still wanna fuck her brains out.
>>
>>31177352
not at all, as long as it throws the pointy end of the bullet towards the target forends don't bother me one way or another. may a thousand blossoms bloom.
>>
>>31177352
Grip safeties piss me off to no end. For that reason 1911s are my bane.
>>
>>31177352
The VEPR and AMD series are even worse.
>>31177434
I've only had the issue of the stock lop being a bit much, and a bottle of water at the end of a range session and/or non-surp ammo fixes the barrel "problem".
>>
>>31177399
>>31177434
This, fuck the flat bottom forearm and the high comb stock.
>>
File: 1403201376877.jpg (123KB, 1067x653px) Image search: [Google]
1403201376877.jpg
123KB, 1067x653px
>>31177352
>Yugoslavia is communist but not a part of the Warsaw Pact, managed to take care of its own Nazi problem and subsequently the Yugos told the Soviets to go fuck themselves enough times that they stopped getting that sweet Soviet tech for free
>develops their own AK-variant through espionage and reverse-engineering anyway
>St Kalashnikov himself said that, while Bulgarian AKs were probably the best-made (except the finish amirite), the Zastava M70 design changes made it his favorite variant
Aesthetic preferences are inherently subjective so whatever but I actually like the lines of M70s
>>31177434
>special snowflake furniture
>need special snowflake parts specifically for the pap like pap specific ultimaks, rs regulate side rails etc
Admittedly this is the weak point of Zastava AKs: you're locked out of a big part of the AK aftermarket. However parts commonality between M70s and standardized AKMs is ~80%.
>non chrome lined barrel but yugo surp is corrosive
Chrome-lining is about barrel life under sustained automatic fire, not corrosion resistance, you dummy. Ease of cleaning is a side-benefit but not the purpose. I find it really funny that "muh chrome" faggots who bitch about corrosion never seem to realize that their gas tube is not in fact chrome-lined. The M70 has a legitimately impressive record in some of the most brutal conflicts and conditions of the 20th century.
>snowflake stock will give you cheek slap if you don't shoulder it correctly
Oh no I can't shoot my rifle with improper form! Standard M70 ergos are fine, though the old boat-oar stocks NPAPs shipped with were bad.
>some variants are heavier with a bullshit rpk reciever
But Veprs are top-notch AKs right?
>>
>>31180789
Nigger, chrome lining objectively prevents corrosion to a large degree, along with markedly lenghtening barrel life REGARDLESS if fullauto or semi is the firing mode in question. This is because, and sit down for this, chrome is really, really hard, and that hardness does wonders for preventing things like rifling wear, corrosive primer compounds eating away at metal surfaces etc. etc.

I don't think anyone here is going to really see any benefit of a chrome lined bore, save for a few who actually put their guns through use, but the amount of ignorance I see here on this board regarding chrome lining bores is staggering, and much of it comes from people who own Yugoslavian AKs trying to justify a feature that's been an industry standard for decades.
>>
>>31180912
You seem to be under the impression that we're arguing or we disagree on something here.

I never said that chroming a barrel doesn't prevent corrosion. What I SAID is that that's not the primary purpose of chroming a barrel, which is increased barrel life. A corroded gas tube is a bigger concern when shooting corrosive ammo than your barrel, lined or no.

Just like I never said that chrome-lining wouldn't improve barrel-life in a semiautomatic gun. Though I WILL point out that the hard numbers we have re: AK barrel life all seem to originate with one range in Las Vegas running full-retard-converted guns magdumping all-day-erry-day, which I'd hope you'll agree is hardly reflective of real-world use. Not to mention that even the non-chromed barrels don't start keyholing until you've put enough rounds downrange to buy a new car. If you can afford to shoot out the barrel on an AK, chances are you have more than one anyway.

My point, which you ALSO seem to agree on, is that whether or not your barrel is chromed will be something that almost no end-user will notice provided non-retarded use of the firearm and proper maintainence.

Acting like chrome-lining is this dealbreaker thing that makes Yugo AKs automatically worse than other variants is internet hyperbole and overreaction at its finest. They're fine and 99% of you won't ever notice a difference. It's a desirable feature and it's strange that Zastava never did it, sure, but those Zastava CHF barrels are also very high quality despite the lack of chrome.

So, like, calm down, sperg. Sorry you got triggered.
>>
File: ImRetarded.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
ImRetarded.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>31177352
3 vents is better than 2, faggot.
>>
>>31181110
> What I SAID is that that's not the primary purpose of chroming a barrel
You have no idea what the primary purpose is, or isn't regarding the chrome lining of a bore. There is absolutely no reason to believe that the multitude of benefits it provides weren't all kept equally in mind when this was made an industry standard long before you were born.

>I never said
No, you merely implied that the only real use and benefit it had was extending barrel life in automatic use, which is probably exactly why you jumped down the throat of someone in regards to this topic who said it also helped prevent corrosion, which is objectively does, and tried to mitigate the benefit (for whatever reason) by giving an asinine explanation that that "wasn't the main purpose" or whatever. Maybe that wasn't your intent, but it's smarmy all the same.
>Not to mention that even the non-chromed barrels don't start keyholing until you've put enough rounds downrange to buy a new car
Good lord, I hope I never drive in whatever passes for a car for where you're from, because ordering a few thousand dollars worth of ammo in a year is something I've been doing for the past half decade with no real difficulty whatsoever.
>whether or not your barrel is chromed will be something that almost no end-user will notice provided non-retarded use of the firearm and proper maintainence.
You would be surprised how easy it is to send five figures of ammunition downrange. I personally have about 13k through my SLR-104, and I can promise you my rifling wouldn't be near nice as it is if my Arsenal came with a bare steel bore.
>So, like, calm down, sperg. Sorry you got triggered.
Right back atcha.
>>
File: logo-large-1.png (3KB, 284x115px) Image search: [Google]
logo-large-1.png
3KB, 284x115px
>>31181190
Not even the guy you're replying to. Damn son
>>
>>31181231
Not an argument, but I'll bite,

Yeah, it's perfectly fine for him to leap down someone's throat with condescending essay-length rants, but me? Nah, must be 'tisms.

>Not even the guy you're replying to
Ehhhhh....
>>
>>31180789
>St Kalashnikov himself said that, while Bulgarian AKs were probably the best-made (except the finish amirite), the Zastava M70 design changes made it his favorite variant

Wonder what made him say that, what makes the M70 better than an AKM?
>>
>>31181231
his posts literally mirror those of the guy he's talking to and both are set up to completely sperg up this thread with inane shitflinging, how does one seem any less autistic than the other to you
>>
File: 200w-2.gif (3MB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
200w-2.gif
3MB, 200x113px
>>31181248
You ok buddy?

Like, literally we're not disagreeing about anything here except quibbles over semantics, seems like, and I really can't shake the image in my head of you fucking fuming about this thread.
>>
>>31177352
That's because it's Yugoslav model retard, they made tiny aesthetic differences specifically to trigger Soviet autists weapons designers in Moscow. That literally the only reason. And it doesn't even affect anything.
>>
File: cheers.jpg (146KB, 520x437px) Image search: [Google]
cheers.jpg
146KB, 520x437px
>>31181271
Not an argument, and I'm perfectly fine buddy. :)
>>
File: 1453061846918.jpg (102KB, 680x966px) Image search: [Google]
1453061846918.jpg
102KB, 680x966px
>>31181281
>>
>>31181289
>>31181281
you're both autistic spazzes that should consider suicide.
>>
File: 124.jpg (1MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
124.jpg
1MB, 1600x1067px
>>31181289
Am I doing it right?
>>
>>31181254
iirc Basically the Yugos overbuilt their AKs in a couple ways that made them sturdier (heavier barrels/recivers, different method of attaching the stock to the trunnion etc, mostly this was to accomodate launching grenades) in ways the Soviets wouldn't because they'd hit the sweet spot in cost-cutting and ease-of-production.
>>
>>31181259
One's clearly a lot angrier about this
>>
>>31179471
>european beech looks like mdf
>confirmed for knowing fuck all about wood

also
>>31177352 /k/ - Autism General
>>
>>31181335
it was almost entirely because they had a weird fetish for rifle-launched grenades, so they gave it a beefier barrel profile, RPK receiver/front trunnion.
>>
>>31181347
>"FUCKING CHROME FAGS REEEEEE"
>"FUCKING ANTI CHROME FAGS"
i think you're just the other spergtard.
>>
>>31181353
Yeah I said that in the post dog.

But apparently grandpa Mickey was a big fan of those strengthening measures.
>>
>>31181366
i'd like to see some citations for that favoritism, but tbqh there's no reason to have those strengthening features if you're not anticipating lobbing a shitload of rifle grenades at your opponents, unless you just like having more material costs and weight per rifle
>>
File: notsureif.gif (3MB, 432x227px) Image search: [Google]
notsureif.gif
3MB, 432x227px
>>31181362
>>31180789 here
>I find it really funny that "muh chrome" faggots who bitch about corrosion never seem to realize that their gas tube is not in fact chrome-lined.
>"FUCKING CHROME FAGS REEEEEE"

This was more of an eye-rolling aside than the crux of my post, which was that Zastava AKs are in fact high-quality guns with a proven track record. Since the first reply to this post I've repeatedly pointed out that I'm not actually arguing with any of the sperg's points, except for pointing out that the internet is often fucking retarded about stuff that isn't a big deal.

His posts are considerably saltier than mine. I actually don't get it.
>>
>>31181387
That was the CCCP's stance as well.

Admittedly the evidence for it is apocryphal, as is the supposed statement that the Bulgarian AKs are really good.

afaik he supposedly said it while doing some kind of publicity thing at an American firearm museum. He was taking questions and someone asked him which country made the best AKs, which is where the thing about Bulgaria and Yugoslavia comes from.
>>
>>31181421
yeah man, your fucklong defensive posts are doing a great job convincing me you're not every bit as autistic and buttblasted as he is.
>>31181452
yeah, i was wondering about the bulgarian quote too, it seems like it's part of the 'i hear he said' sources that can never be pinned down.

it just strikes me as odd that one of the key designers behind the AK, who made it with cost effectiveness in mind, would put a variant above his own because of features that were by far and large completely useless for what the rifle was used for 99.99% of the time.
>>
>>31177434
What a literal faggot. Half of that is what makes the pap's better performance wise. But if you only like ak's for aesthetics then sure but go be an objectively wrong faggot somewhere else.
>>
>>31177352
>mfw i have a zastava m70
The fuck you mean nigga step up
>>
>>31181421
Your good, lurker here. Just stop feeding the trash.
>>
>>31181524
Here's your (you)
Stop shitting up the thread chrome fag. Your prose and condescending obstinate to everything in this thread gives you away. Did a Yugoslavia fuck your mom where does your saltiness to Yugoslavia come from? Are you bosnian?
>>
>>31177352
I agree that the zastava m70's are fucking stupid because of this issue.

That didn't stop me from owning two of them. I love mine, they are baller.

I do wish I kept my wasr years ago so I could have better furniture options. But, life goes on.
>>
>>31181452
I've heard Kalashnikov also preferred 7.62x39 as the caliber for AKs, and didn't like the change to 5.45

Can't verify this though
>>
>>31181121
The handgaurds on my OPAP still cook when I mag dump
>>
>>31181621
>>31181649
>Your prose and condescending obstinate
lmao, you're seriously this mad.
>>
All faggotry aside, why DIDN'T Yugoslavia chrome their bores? The whole "no chromium deposits" thing is fuddlore.

Did they decide the extra effort wasn't worth the extra cost? Even though they overbuilt the shit out of their rifles anyway?

IIRC their 5.56 AKs have chromed bores.
>>
>>31182136
7.62 stronk
>>
>>31183723
According to the book The Grim Reaper, former Yugoslavia did not have the technology to chrome line the barrels. When they came out with the 5.56/.223 models the barrels were then chromed

As to why they still don't, it's probably just tradition not to, that keeps them from doing it.
>>
The only thing i don't like about yugo ak's is thier pathetic metallurgy. Look how easily the ak operators union bent the receiver on thier npap. The bolt carries peen like a motherfucker too.
>>
>>31183723
cleaning barrel with kebab blood protects from corrosion.
>>
>>31179860
>The VEPR and AMD series are even worse.

Why the VEPR hate?

You can find new furniture for them, just takes a bit of effort. And the rest of the rifle is just plain better and doesn't need messing with

>Heavy RPK receiver
>Chrome lined, hammer forged BBL
>AK variant that putting a scope on isn't just for looks
>Standard M14x1 BBL threads for comp / FH fun

They aren't for poor-fags though.
>>
File: It's definitely wood.jpg (43KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
It's definitely wood.jpg
43KB, 500x661px
>>31181348
>>
File: file.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>31183973
Bro it's been a year and a half and the potmetal maymay has been thoroughly debunked. I can give you a rundown on the hows and whys if you want but trust me, it's bullshit.

I legitimately want them to 5000 round and NPAP just to shut people up.
>>
>>31181353
Rifle grenades can be quite good though.

If you put a bullet trap in them you don't even have to use blanks.
>>
>>31185225
>Standard muzzle threads
Yugos are 14x1 lh as well.
>Shitty mags
>Require gunsmithing to use standard Comblock mags
>No magwell for 5.56 and 6.5 variants

They are good, but they have just as many flaws in their Sporter design as the Yugos
>>
>>31185603
>>Shitty mags
Not shitty, just expensive
>Require gunsmithing to use standard Comblock mags
See above
>No magwell for 5.56 and 6.5 variants
.39 or.54r or GTFO

>They are good, but they have just as many flaws in their Sporter design as the Yugos

They just take money and patience to make tacticool.

Nobody is going to rob a gas station with a VEPR.

The Romanian and Yugoslavian stuff - hello QT and BP!

Those are hood guns. Albeit the better side of the hood. But still hood guns.
>>
>>31186795

>WASR: We All Stop & Rob!
>N-PAP: N-world, Pull ovah, At's da Place!
>>
>>31178827
AMD-65 is love
AMD-65 is life
i love my little 80's laser blaster
>>
File: slavspin.gif (72KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
slavspin.gif
72KB, 175x175px
>>31186795
>MY slavshit is classier than YOUR slavshit

I'm not saying that a Vepr (it's Vepr, not VEPR btw) isn't a high-quality AK-derived gun. It absolutely is.

But don't fucking pretend it's not primarily as expensive as it is because of price-gouging and the perceived quality of Russian guns being artificially much higher because of import bullshit.
>>
>>31186795
>money
>money
>expensive
>muh hood gun

You sound like an AR wanker.
>>
>>31181348
it still looks like something you'd buy at staples
>>
File: 1458241889657.jpg (57KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
1458241889657.jpg
57KB, 600x503px
I like my npap
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.