[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have experience using .22 adapters for "expensiv

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMGP6400.jpg (192KB, 800x569px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP6400.jpg
192KB, 800x569px
Anyone have experience using .22 adapters for "expensive" calibers? Is it worth nearly $30+/adapter even with the reuseability?

I'm considering having these guys
http://www.mcace.com/rifleinserts.html
make a .22 adapter for .303 and 7.5 French.
>>
its a waste think about it
accuracy will be shit since its essentially a zero inch barrel firing a .22cal through a .30
you cant have fun shooting since every time you work the bolt you will have to watch where the spent case went or you are out 30 bucks
then youve got to unscrew everything just to reload
seems like a huge pain in the ass for no real gain
>>
>>31176395
What about a .32acp adapter like http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/32-acp-rifle-chamber-insert?a=471502
?
>>
>>31176429
Heard those have problems feeding through a magazine since the .32ACP round is just slipped into the adapter so it can easily fall out in the mag.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 800x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 800x363px
.22 LR adaptor kit for the L1A1 SLR.
we used them back in the day for gallery shoots and cinematic shoot/don't shoot training.
Drills where exactly the same as for 7.62.
>>
>>31176395
>accuracy will be shit since its essentially a zero inch barrel firing a .22cal through a .30
So match the caliber of the bullet with the barrel...
A .303 adapter should probably use 32acp
A 7.5 french adapter should probably use 32 acp or 30 carbine.

>you cant have fun shooting since every time you work the bolt you will have to watch where the spent case went
Orange color

>or you are out 30 bucks
Not if you lathe them yourself

>then youve got to unscrew everything just to reload
You've got to use a press to reload normal bullets...

>seems like a huge pain in the ass for no real gain
Makes meme calibers/guns accessible without changing barrels.
>>
File: Audio_cassette_adaptor.jpg (125KB, 749x659px) Image search: [Google]
Audio_cassette_adaptor.jpg
125KB, 749x659px
Bump?
>>
>>31180961
So why not just reload at that point?
>>
.45-70 when?
>>
I have a sporter nagant that I covered to .32 ACP using one of these converters. Loctite'd the insert into the chamber and modified the extractor.

Made it a single shot varmit gun. With a sporter shortened barrel, it works pretty good for what it is.

Wouldn't make one today, but I bought that rifle for $50 several years ago.
>>
>>31182710
"Gosh by golly, I have all of this non-meme ammo that would be viable out of this meme gun's barrel, but no ammo for this meme gun. If only there was a solution that didn't involve converting the gun itself"
"if only I could use this meme gun without having to buy special dies, reloading press, brass / repro brass, meme bullets (or cast them), etc. Start up cost looks to be very high"
"Shotgun barrel adapters work because its a self contained barrel, what if I just used an adapter and the gun's actual barrel?"
"I only plan on shooting this gun a few times because its meme as fuck and I just bought it because its neat. (understandable because who the fuck wants to buy/reload [insert here (ex: 9.3x74r)]"

>tl;dr
Basically because some people's time is worth more than the cost of reloading, but less than the cost of new ammo.
Also, some survival memes and because additional functionality is never a bad thing.
Or people may not want to 'ruin' a gun by converting it to use a modern cartridge.
>>
>>31182840
If you think it's worth your time to make an insert it isn't outside sense to simply wildcat some brass and reuse it. Unless it's something nutty like a Vetterli rimfire.
>>
>>31182866
One time labor for lathing and then unscrewing vs actually reloading.

Your time being worth more than X doesn't exclusively mean you can make more money with your time, it can also mean what value you attach to your time.
>>
>>31182922
Reloading isn't much more labor once the brass is formed but different strokes I guess.
>>
File: kriss-vector-m4-stock-adaptor.jpg (84KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
kriss-vector-m4-stock-adaptor.jpg
84KB, 800x571px
Bumperango?

If adapters are a thing for shotguns, why don't they make adapters that rely on the barrel of a rifle instead of a barrel in an adapter?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.