[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /k/ Bro's an Royal Marine. Came from the home from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (89KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 650x482px
So /k/

Bro's an Royal Marine.

Came from the home from the states on ex, Worked with the USMC and he's seriously shaken about how shit they are. Their whole approach to the way they fight is built on assumption and a strict adherence to orders and heirachy which restricts their ability fight.

Case 1.

Orders given (not that the yanks do a proper set of orders apparently, sitting around a model pit for 40 minutes being told what to do and how to do it was abhorent to them) hold cross road at grid whatever.

Ambush enemy if op arises. Enemy apears. Run away. Once enemy exploit crossroads, watch them collect bits of dropped kit (all US in debrief) and leave. Obj failed emediately. Once enemy leave, run out to previous position and mark with a big fuck off "X" made of logs to mark position. This is decided by a Recon marine. Brother ask's "they havent seen us, why run out and mark our position in case they come back"

Recom marine answers "its an SOP" refuses to budge. Contacted by DS. Mission failed.

Case 2

Sitting in postion to collect supplies. Ex is a force on force scenario. All advantages to be exploited to destroy enemy. Humvee drops off half of supplies. Drives the other direction on road in a straight line. Returns with no supplies. Bro's mate summises "enemy is that way" to USMC in platoon. "Lets recce to attack". The USMC pltn cmdr says "No, orders say stay put"

Platoon wiped out in counter attack 30 minutes later by RM platoon.

Case 3

Raining. "Why are you puttinf up ponchos?" Asks USMC. "It's fucking belting down, we're not moving for 3 hours and it's a good time to brew up" says RM.

USMC get cold, wet and hungry for 3 hours.

Why are the USMC so shit /k/? He has plenty more stories.
>>
File: CIB.png (16KB, 150x54px) Image search: [Google]
CIB.png
16KB, 150x54px
>>31175246
You're so full of shit, your eyes are brown.

I've spent two yours in the infantry. Not once have we ever had a contingency to retreat. Your story is 100% bullshit.

We attack. We kill everyone. We kill them so hard that we get bothered that we didn't get to kill them twice.

Go suck a dick.
>>
Shitposters are in full swing today, eh boys?
>>
>>31175246
They don't teach you English in England? What's the world coming to?
>>
Nice b8 m8

Basic US Marine infantry aren't special for shit and they're just as good as the basic US Army infantry(probably with less toys and funding), and the dumb marines are da best marketing is cringey, but US basic infantry are still better trained and funded than basic infantry from any other country.

Again I know I'm just posting in a bait thread and this is pointless and only giving (you)s, but still, come back when you have whatever your shithole country's equivalent to the CIB/CMB/etcetera is
>>
>>31175246
Ex British Army Infantry here and I am calling you out, first for having the grammar of a retard and second for not knowing that both Brits and yanks turn into and fight their way out of ambushes rather than retreating.
>>
>>31175290

Unfortunately this is all true mate.

Theres a crippling reliance for support and total lack of common sense that permiates the US millitary from what the RM troop could ascertain. One year the RM went over and wouldnt give their harbour position away as the USMC couldnt find it. The yanks changed theirs every 24 hours for some reason, which made it incredibly easy to track. For the sake of the exercise the RM had to radio theirs in.

The other thing that shocked my bro was the total lack of organic fire support within squad/section levels attacks. It had to be requested from a seperate element, who then arrived with a GPMG (240b) on a tripod for the sake of suppressing targets at 400 meters. When asked as to why you'd fuck about setting up a tripod when you could just use the bipod, the yanks replied "SOP"

This was their answer to everything throughout the op. When the DS were questioned on these tactics they got very irate. As far its known, RM haven beaten the USMC in every force on force exericse going.
>>
>>31175423

If you're Army you have no place on calling anyone out on grammar.

And if you weren't there mate, don't call it. The Yanks can't fight as well as we can. Period.
>>
>>31175517
No need to be salty just because we have more and do more, britcuck.
>>
>>31175357

Not basic infantry here buddaaaay. RM, infintely better than any dross the US could scrape together.
>>
>>31175517
So me being in the Army means I cannot spell? Also I may not have been there but I do know NATO doctrine, forget your brother how much military experience do you have to make such claims?
>>
File: William-Lind.jpg (32KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
William-Lind.jpg
32KB, 500x417px
>>31175246

we all know the answer.

MISSION.

TYPE.

ORDERS
R
D
E
R
S.

Message to Garcia time.
>>
>>31175557

Fail at basic infantry skills you mean? Keep it.

Another thing that was entirely shocking. USMC officers can come out of their entire training cycle having never lead anyone on an exercise, but can can be shipped out to a warzone to lead men for real.

Boils your piss don't it?
>>
>>31175592

and here's where i know this is fucking bullshit.

every USMC officer - pilots, legal, intel, logistics, tankers, supply, infantry, etc. goes through the Basic School. you do small unit exercises there where you lead your peers on assaults, ambushes... i'm not exactly sure but you do shit in the woods.

hell i'm Air Force and i did small unit type shit in OTS. not very many and it hasn't been an emphasis item since (unless you call a 2-ship of fighters a small unit), but i did it.
>>
>>31175246
Low effort bait.
>>
Dude you're full of shit, that "SOP" isn't a thing. No officer, even a dumb boot, would stay in place because orders, and we most certainly wouldn't sit and soak for three hours. Come up with a better story before you come shit up this board.
>>
My god, did you drop out of school aged 14?

Your grammar, diction, and ability to compose a coherent sentence is atrocious.

you should be embarrassed for yourself, OP.
>>
>>31175640

Wrong. Small unit yes. Platoon size, DS marked, No. Its not a pass mark. A USMC troop commander can get sent out to afghanistan/iraq having failed his assesment.

Be afraid.
>>
>>31175761

>having never lead anyone on exercise.

so no, you're full of shit.

and i don't really give a shit if the intel 2nd Lt of Marines was able to assault a bunker.
>>
>>31175290
thank you for protecting america and freedom from illiterate goat farmers

we are indebted
>>
>>31175496
>MARINES
>having a tripod
>pick one and only one
Dude, just stfu already. Its painfully obvious you, or whoever you claim told you this, knows nothing about the USMC. This is the posting equivilent to me saying I was a Royal SAS Marine Palace guard and sat in the princes passanger compartment to protect him while he flew his apache.
>>
File: battle of new oreleans.webm (3MB, 1200x920px) Image search: [Google]
battle of new oreleans.webm
3MB, 1200x920px
>>31175592
Yeah Army ROTC here, we do lanes at squad and plt. level every Monday and Wednesday and 48hr exercises every month, who the fuck do you think leads those?

Future Officers.

Its the same for Navy ROTC/Academy/OCS who then choose the Marine route.

Fuck off cunt
>>
Wow. Seriously you guys, just swinging by from various other boards on 4chan and i'd thought i'd see if the claims about /k/ being easily triggered were true.

You've proven all claims. Why you so mad /k/?
>>
USMC treats their Infantry like shit so that when war starts they'll release all that pent up anger. Or release it on someone in the US, who knows.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
1) Everything in your post is absolute bullshit and your brother is just saying random shit to make himself look like a hard ass.

2) We beat you twice in a row and you can fucking bet we will do it a third time.
>>
>>31175569
Wait...

Are you still butthurt about that whole deal back in 1776? Is that what this is about? Let it go, already.
>>
>>31175517
That's why we have kicked your ass twice in a row? And the first time we didn't have a navy OR funding ,you guys are a fucking joke.
>>
>>31176260

Apparently when it comes to a force on force ex, you fall very short of the mark.

Why so mad amerifat?
>>
>>31176288

You had the french. You haven't won a war abroad by yourselves.

Look at the falklands for british might. A marine staved off an argie warship with a FAL.
>>
>>31175496
Why do you type like a retard
>>
>>31175290

Two years HAH!!!

Come back when you have some samd in your boots.
>>
>>31175246
The ambush SOP is to charge through the ambushing lane of fire and get behind their line. You know nothing
>>
File: image.jpg (176KB, 1103x674px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176KB, 1103x674px
>>31175246
Low quality bait, go suck your queen's dusty cunt
>>
>>31176599

If i'm firing off quick responses via my phone dont bee mad m8, you can't fite my irrefootBle logik.
>>
>>31176626

Yes it is. This is why it confused the RM's. Why be a massive faggot and mark your position with sticks?
>>
>>31175246
ITT

>salty americuck retards not realising this is a bait thread, probably made by an american to spark another bong vs americuck hate
>>
went on RIMPAC. USMC confirmed for mediocre at best.
>>
File: 1A-New-e1404238410833.jpg (85KB, 1181x509px) Image search: [Google]
1A-New-e1404238410833.jpg
85KB, 1181x509px
>>31175569
US Special Operations would kill the shit out of the RM & the SAS.
>>
>>31175357
>US basic infantry are still better trained... than basic infantry from any other country
Except the UK, Canada, and Worst Korea
>>
>>31175246

> restricts their ability fight

ability '''to''' fight

> Orders given hold cross road at grid whatever.

Orders given''';'''

> Ambush enemy if op arises. Enemy apears. Run away.......

This is just a complete clusterfuck, no idea what anything you said meant.

> ask's

asks, no apostrophe

> "its an SOP"

"It's SOP", its is possessive, it's is the contraction for "it is". "An" goes before a vowel, "SOP" starts with a consonant. Furthermore "a" shouldn't even be there in the first place, SOP is a plural noun.

> Humvee drops off half of supplies

Half of '''the''' supplies

> Returns with no supplies.

Where's the noun? hell, half your sentences don't have nouns.

> wiped out in counter attack

wiped out '''by''' counter attack

Jesus fuck what is the British education system doing? If your brother is anywhere near as retarded as you are, he wouldn't be a Royal Marine. The handful or RM's I've met were smart as fuck and speak execellent English, not word vomit.
>>
>>31176808
>execellent
>>
>Royal Marines
>>
>>31175246
What the fuck are you trying to say? I can't make sense of this shit.
>>
>>31176765
Try again, hot rod. If for one second you believe we wouldn't amass the training and knowledge from across the planet and integrate it into our filthy rich regime, you are too dumb to breathe.
>>
>>31175901
any more of these?

love these animated battle maps
>>
>>31176187
HURR joke's on them I was just pretending to be a retard
>>
If you want any real answer to any "SOP" "Why a tripod?" or USMC tactics debates, go talk to an actual Marine infantryman or Marine officer
reference- Me aka a Marine Officer

10/10 good bait
>>
>>31176819

fuck me... that spelling always get me. Excellent and especially.
>>
>>31176260
>twice

you lost the war of 1812, and without France winning your revolutionary war you'd be more cucked than Canada.
>>
>>31176955
Funny, without US support your population would've been starved to death in WWII and Germany would've taken over without having to fire a single bullet since everyone would've perished from famine.
>>
>>31176955
Brits had help of Torries and they used Hessians from Germany...

Im also willing to call 1812 a Draw. brits stopped their impressment of American Sailors and no boundaries changed
>>
>>31176985
And then later the communists since Germany's defeat was etched in fate already.
>>
>>31175290
Nigger we haven't fought a enemy we needed to retreat from since 2003.

Like holy fuck you are either still somehow a boot or still brainwashed.

I was a shitbag pog in the army and my head isn't even that far up my own ass holy shit.
>>
>>31176985
Funny how you think i'm a disgusting anglo filth. And before you reply, no, my country was not defeated or liberated by the USA, ever.

>>31177013
anon, when they burn down your capital without breaking a sweat, you lost. If they weren't busy with Napoleon you would have probably reverted back to an english colony.

Wich would be a pity, because i hate the english a lot more than i dislike you people.
>>
>>31175496
What the fuck are you talking about? A US Marine fire team (4 dudes) with one SAW per fire team. Also we have 2 M240B (basically a MAG GPMG) per Squad.
>>
>>31177568
He's baiting, likely falseflagging to get Yanks hating on Brits. Wouldn't at all be at all surprised if it was the QE/Type 45 shitposter.
>>
>>31177591

Likely he's one of the trumperlinas emboldened by his spiritual liege to think that he's actually person and not a degenerate amphibian.
>>
>>31177398
>thinking burning down the capital building is the same as winning a war.

Nigga thinks world is like civ 5
>>
>>31178320
nigger, the only battle you won in that war was after the fucking war had ended. you were beaten.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.