[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /k/, if you were to use an actual silver bullet, not just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: silver bullet.jpg (9KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
silver bullet.jpg
9KB, 500x281px
So /k/, if you were to use an actual silver bullet, not just lead with a silver jacket, what would the gun barrel be made of so you could consistently shoot silver without wearing the barrel down quickly? Also, what weapons would /k/ use for monster killing? Maybe a silver container holding holy water shot out of a low brass shotgun?

Final question, would silver be effective for at least wounding a skinwalker
>>
>>31173816
Silver SABOT rounds in a Saiga is the answer to all of this.
>>
>>31173816
>Final question, would silver be effective for at least wounding a skinwalker

Overall answer: don't worry about it.
>>
>>31173830
>t. skinwalker
>>
>>31173816
>>31173830
i met some austrian ghostbuster guys in a bar on my trip to belarus 1987 they had custom made .38 special silver tipped bullets for monster hunting.
they heard rumors that a werewolf had attacked flocks of sheep in a village nearby.
they carried all kinds of crazy tinhat level equipment.

they stayed in the same hotel as i and my buddies, so we got drunk one or two times, before they returnt to austria
>>
>>31173816
Wouldn't it be more economical and practical to just have a silver tip penetrator for volume monster hunting?
>>
>>31173816
anon I wouldn't think about this too much.
A glock 17 is all you need
I also heard there was some great 9mm FMJ on sale
I hate the atf.
Get out pol
>>
>>31173974
Since the silver really hurts, you probably want as much of it as possible
>>
>>31173974
lead galvanized with silver would prooduce more silver surface area thus result in more stoppan power
>>
>>31173830
No
>>31173956
>austrian ghostbuster
Wat
>>
>>31173816
> Silver coated buckshot
Ensures maximum surface area
>>
>>31173816

Silver doesn't engage riffling on any material reliably so you might as well use a smoothbore barrel and have sliver pellets or slugs.
>>
>not introducing a skin walker to R9k faggots
>not removing R9k and giving skin walkers a home
>>
>>31174035
OP here:
oh
>>
>>31173816
>what would the gun barrel be made of so you could consistently shoot silver without wearing the barrel down quickly?

Steel.

Plain, normal steel.

Whereas copper, as used in a normal jacketed load has a Vickers' Pyramid Hardness of 343–369 (kgf/mm2) silver has just a VPH rating of 250kgf/mm2

A normal steel barrel would wear less using silver ammo, than it would copper-jacketed.

Basic physics would've taught you that.

>would silver be effective for at least wounding a skinwalker

Ah. My mistake. you're a fucking idiot with no understanding of reality.

No, you're going to have to have a barrel custom forged from damascus steel, and inlaid with silver wire patterns to focus the power of silver.

I cant make it, but your idiocy might well help a gunsmith make a decent day's wage off you.
>>
>>31173829
/Thread
>>
>>31174052
>you're a fucking idiot with no understanding of reality
Hey man, I just like the idea of skinwalkers
>>
>>31174075
you cant reall fuck skinwalkers bro
>>
>>31173830
Hello Skinwalker
>>
Here is a cool question: What if the bullet was a hollow copper shell filled with silver powder/tiny pelets (0.5mm)? Wouldnt that be much more deadly for the agyrophobe creature since it would spread the deadly metal around its flesh to far and wide to be properly removed?
>>
>>31173830
>be silver
>be one of the softest metals on earth
>slide down a gun barrel easily, sealing better than most other metals in a bullet
>have better muzzle velocity than lead/copper bullets
>turn chupacabra in to jello
>>
File: skinwalker.jpg (17KB, 236x316px) Image search: [Google]
skinwalker.jpg
17KB, 236x316px
Unless skinwalkers defy the laws of physics, lead will kill them as easily as it kills anybody else.

If skinwalkers defy the laws of physics, it's your duty to get bitten so that the dream of bullet proof /k/ommandos can finally be realized.
>>
>>31173816
How about gold bullets?
>soft
>dense
Seems like it was made to be a lead substitute if it weren't so rare
>>
File: cosby.gif (444KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
cosby.gif
444KB, 500x376px
>>31174283
>implying gold is more rare than silver
>more physical gold on earths surface than silver due to demand
>>
>>31174321
I never implied that, but both gold and silver are rarer than lead and copper
>>
>>31174331
true, but the greater softness of silver would form a better seal in the barrel
>>
>>31174283
Gold would be nice. It would be a little too soft but nothing a little bit of copper in it wouldnt solve.

The absolute best tough would be Osmium. Unfortunetly it is somewhat britle and rarer than gold or silver, being mainly found in small quantities alongside platinum.
>>
Fun fact, you should probably just carry a bag of coarse salt around with you if you are worried
If you drop something like that in front of a vampire, they supposedly stop and count the grains
And werewolves allegedly hate salt, because ya know, salt and demons don't mix
>>
>>31174378
lol superstitions, isn't it past your bed time?
>>
>>31174378
>Just drop some salt!
>t. Vampire
>>
File: laughinggirls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>31173816
Autism: The Thread
>>
File: 1391665083961.jpg (6KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1391665083961.jpg
6KB, 400x300px
>>31173956
>they carried all kinds of crazy tinhat level equipment.
Greentext, Anon?
>>
File: silver_bullet_5637.png (47KB, 213x219px) Image search: [Google]
silver_bullet_5637.png
47KB, 213x219px
Another fantasy on /k/ thread
Have a must be killed by silver critter (or whatever kinda stuff)
Easy fast solution
go to jewelry store
Buy lengths of high purity silver chain with big fat links.

If you have time order industrial silver grain. (overnight shipping!)
http://www.apmex.com/category/25775/industrial-silver-grain

Alternate get some iron bearings of appropriate size as well
(for the iron vulnerable critters)
Get out your 12 gauge
Start popping open your 12 gauge ammo and replacing lead with links from silver chains. Fighting killed by cold iron critters add iron bearings.

No delays for casting, Good CQB shotguns weapons are available.
Can shoot pretty much any material that is not harder than the steel of your barrel and even then you can swap out barrels. No special snowflake take two weeks to make. You could have your werewolf killer weapon in a few hours.

See http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SilverBullet for a discussion of this.

Potentially the shotgun shell delivery system could be used for many materials
>>
>>31174378
>Vampires are actually OCD patients
>>
>>31174052
>focus the power of silver.

this guy knows whats up, he's just belittling you to keep you from using the ancient knowledge
>>
>>31173816
Silver doesn't hurt skinwalkers, you need white ash (the tree or just any ash that's white isn't quite clear, best to double up with white ashes from white ash wood)
>>
>>31174378
Aren't you supposed to use rich with vampires?
>>
File: Osmium_crystals.jpg (237KB, 1280x822px) Image search: [Google]
Osmium_crystals.jpg
237KB, 1280x822px
>>31174361
Osmium bullets when?
>>
>>31174579
its not called Autism, dumbass, what are you, from 1854?
Its called lycanthrope
>>
>>31174918
Rice only works with Chinese/jap/Korean vampires. It's hard to tell Chinese vampire because they all have the same teeth, so best poricy is to drop rice in front if all Asians.
>>
>>31174035
Eh, i wanna see a source. shits soft yo
>>
>>31174957
when we start mining an asteroid, over/under 50yrs
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.