[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aren't lever-action shotguns hard? Can anyone tell me what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: la.png (1MB, 1273x442px) Image search: [Google]
la.png
1MB, 1273x442px
Aren't lever-action shotguns hard?

Can anyone tell me what they do better at than break pump and semi shotguns?
>>
>Hard to use I mean
>>
>>31172427
>Aren't lever-action shotguns hard?
Not as hard as my dick.
>>
>>31172442

Of fucking course >facepalm
>>
I've got a Chinese repro, they are awkward to load due to the design. You have to work the lever vigorously to ensure proper ejection and function.
>>
>>31172427
They look cooler. Thats about it.
>>
File: fagbag.png (11KB, 215x214px) Image search: [Google]
fagbag.png
11KB, 215x214px
>>31172465

who bought it?
>>
>Can anyone tell me what they do better at than break pump and semi shotguns?

Nothing, there is a reason why they aren't produced on any large scale anymore.

They look cool but pump action shotguns are superior to them in every way and infinitely more useful.
>>
>>31172427
They are faster than Break Actions.
They don't do anything better than Pump or Semi.
Most people own them because they are "cool" or they have antiques.
>>
File: idk.png (8KB, 566x399px) Image search: [Google]
idk.png
8KB, 566x399px
>>31172503
>>
>>31172427
They're more fun.

That's all really.
>>
They filled a niche before the development and widespread availability of pump-action and semi-auto shotguns. They were better in terms of firepower than a break action single or double barrel, but we're made obsolete by the development of pump action and semi-auto shotguns. Kind of like how the muzzleloader pepper box gave you more firepower than a run of the mill flintlock but was made obsolete by the introduction of revolvers.
>>
>>31172517
Pump guns
>less parts, simpler
>use less material, therefore lighter
>lower bore axis helps with muzzle rise/recoil
>cheaper to produce, purchase
>pretty much all modern pump guns have interchangeable barrels and most barrels accept chokes
>easier to load
>some can accept mag tube extensions
>stronger
>can take 3" shells (some can take 3 1/2)
>easier to operate and run reliably
>>
>>31172566
John Browning had wanted to make a pump action originally, but Winchester wanted him to design a lever action for whatever reason.
>>
>>31172800
Why can't leverguns take 3" shells?
>>
>>31172943
Because the whole action would have to be bigger in order to fit 3 inch shells because of the way it feeds, plus the design is inherently weaker than a pump action.
>>
lets include AUTO shotguns
>>
What do autos do better than pumps levers and semis?
>>
>>31173055
They're automatic.
>>
File: 1470064121607.gif (992KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1470064121607.gif
992KB, 500x347px
>>31172427
You're probably a fan of them if you're Australian.
>>
>>31173065
/thread

if we are anal about it, they have a bit less recoil since they are heavier and the cycling of the action absorbs some of it aswell.
>>
File: 1396383330686.jpg (936KB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1396383330686.jpg
936KB, 1840x3264px
>>31172465
more like
>work the lever vigorously to ensure proper erection
>>
>>31172465
>You have to work the lever vigorously to ensure proper ejection and function.
So basically you short shuck it and thats why you have to work the level vigoriously
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.