[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if i want to join military special operations forces and i have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Kate.jpg (12KB, 183x227px) Image search: [Google]
Kate.jpg
12KB, 183x227px
if i want to join military special operations forces and i have no gun training… should i get civilian gun first and practice at shooting range, or let military train me? if so will military people make fun of me if i have no prior gun experience?
>>
>>31171901
let the military train you
also, don't worry about special forces, focus on just getting in
>>
File: 1411607724971.jpg (59KB, 501x710px) Image search: [Google]
1411607724971.jpg
59KB, 501x710px
>>31172000
thanks m8
>polite sage
>>
Its better not to train wrong. Just get super fit. Like 20 pull ups fit. Focus on diet and exercise, along with a solid test score. They'll make you the tool they need, make sure their tool is in proper working order.
>>
>>31171901
>worried about getting teased

Stay home.
>>
>>31171901
Lol

Almost NO ONE there will have ever touched a gun.

And the people who talk shit about being amazing will end up shooting like shit and saying
>if it was my own gun i would be hitting dead center
>>
>>31172000
>>31172058
>>31172117
Listen to these guys OP.
>>
>>31171901
They would rather take a virgin than a seasoned hunter. Your muscle memory will be fresh and they can train you the right way vs if you've been shooting wrong your wgoke life but kept doing it because with "worked" for you.
It's easier to teach good habits than remove and retrain old habits.

Just worry about your pt and getting a good score on your asvab.
>>
>>31171901
Get some Pellet Guns and go in your back yard and start shooting stuff. Get your precision down. Pellet guns are cheap compared to firearms, even if you count CO2.

Muzzle velocity is around 400-500fps so within 25 yards they should shoot relatively flat and accurate.

Shoot SMALL things, like Poker Chips, Bottle Caps, or spent shotgun shell casings.

This does nothing for anticipating recoil or bang obviously but you get Precision. You know how to use your sights.

I learned on bb gun and pellet gun as a kid. When my dad introduced me to some real firearms out at the range my performance was no different with them - about as good as those weapons could accomplish.

I hadn't ever shot to 100 yards, but I was able to hit the top of a bowling pin about half the time with a ruger 10/22. Anybody will tell you relying on a .22 for accuracy past 50 yards is a gamble.

When I got the chance to shoot a 375 h&h out to 200 I hit bullseye.

(thankfully this 375 was owned by an old guy who didn't like the recoil either and had a muzzle brake put on it, muzzle flip was horrendous but it didnt punch me like a shotgun would).

Fair Warning:
Listen to the other people in this thread. SpecOps is no joke and they have their own demands on what you need to be able to do.

Navy Seals are more metal gear solid type of guys, if you can guarantee a hit dont take the shot. Those guys probably dont do much sniping at all, to them a firearm is like a knife that has a really long reach.

From the movie Shooter the main character was Force Recon, he was doing sniping. But thats just a movie.

Can guarantee that they're gonna want to train you on weapons operation, the pieces inside the guns, and how to maintain them with your eyes closed. So thats not about shooting skill at all, thats about which button or knob does what.
>>
File: community_image_1412906240.png (129KB, 526x659px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1412906240.png
129KB, 526x659px
>>31172724
>>31172815
Thanks for the advice friends
>>
>>31171901
>if so will military people make fun of me if i have no prior gun experience?

They will laugh at how unfit you are. Why the fuck aren't you running right now?

The chances that you'll make it are pretty slim, considering where your mind is at asking such a nonsensical question.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.