[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here is familiar with the 1986 Miami shootout with the FBI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: fbimurder8.jpg (70KB, 850x1169px) Image search: [Google]
fbimurder8.jpg
70KB, 850x1169px
Who here is familiar with the 1986 Miami shootout with the FBI and two bank robbers?

>Bank robber with Mini14 FUCKS UP fbi guys who are stuck with service revolvers
>literally absorbs bullets before finally dying

They made a wonderful movie out of it. Pic related.
>>
The FBI were using .38 Winchester silver-tip hollow points. A pretty anemic loading. They tried to fix this with 10mm but women couldn't get a grip on it so then came .40 S&W.
>>
I believe the perpetrators were poor marksmen.
>>
>>31170173
You too can ebay a pubic hair!
>>
>>31170247
Of course they were. If they were any good, they would've killed more than they wounded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04dUCT-qO3c
>>
>>31170173
Yeah. So they went and made an abomination meme round to fix their supposed lack of firepower.
Meanwhile, the FBI agents apparently couldn't hit shit, their shot placement even when on target was nonfatal but not because of the ammunition, and they had no immediate access to a rifle of any kind.
And now...the FBI could probably call in a Tomahawk counterstrike, we've given them so much weaponry and power.
>>
>>31170490
>the FBI could probably call in a Tomahawk counterstrike, we've given them so much weaponry and power.

That'll be useful when terrorists get Tomahawks
>>
>>31170173
is that Mark Wahlberg?
>>
>>31170173
>Fucking Burt Gummer with the M37.

FBI had shotguns and an MP5 at that incident, but only the shotgun was used, IIRC. One of the FBI guys had a Smith and Wesson semi.
>>
>>31170694
David Soul
>>
>>31170173
sounds like the north hollywood shootout. Two slavs with modified full auto type 56s & an AR robbed a bank in full homemade body armor
>>
>>31170490
Didn't one agent hit one of the gunman in the spine, rendering him temporarily unconscious, only to have him wake back up and continue fighting?

Pistol calibers are inadequate by definition though.
>>
>>31170173
Wasn't this the shootout that prompted the FBI to move towards 10mm as the standard caliber for their sidearms?
>>
>>31170699
>FBI had shotguns and an MP5 at that incident

Source? I know about the Shotgun, but I've heard literally no source about any MP5 being there and I read all the FBI papers about it.
>>
>>31170699
>>31170824
>The other six agents involved in the stakeout in five vehicles, who did not reach the shootout in time to participate, did have additional weaponry including Remington shotguns, Heckler & Koch MP5 submachine guns, and M16 rifles
Sauce: wikipedia
>>
>>31170888
Thanks, I guess I am a bit tarded still from last night.

>>31170824
See above, I have a raging hangover. My apologies.
>>
>>31170888
I gotcha. I thought you were talking about the ones who were involved with the stakeout.

I do know that the MP5 was mentioned in that Unintended Consequences novel but that's just a very non-credible nobel.
>>
>>31170173
Its a pretty great demonstration of the three mechanics of stopping power, being that it has a direct example of hydrostatic shock inducing paralysis. Aside from that, it, if nothing else, proved that 9mm and .38 are completely insufficient in a high-pressure situation, and it gave birth to the best semiautomatic pistol calibre.

I'd say it was a win. .357MAG and 10MM or bust.
>>
>>31170286
glass in the eyes... i'd almost rather get shot in the leg
>>
>>31170286

That was some mega flinching by one actor.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.