[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US military and the various agencies around it are one of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: hillary insider threat.jpg (84KB, 1310x1167px) Image search: [Google]
hillary insider threat.jpg
84KB, 1310x1167px
US military and the various agencies around it are one of the most bloated organizations in history. Tonnes of money, and they have to spend it some how.

That's how we get detailed plans like for an invasion of Canada, or a zombie outbreak in the US, etc.

What's the bare minimum dollar value, and how should it be spent, for the US to retain supreme authority over the globe? No waste at all.
Do away with an army and just focus on nukes and an impenetrable missile shield? (I can't nuke you, but you can't touch me, so do as I say).
>>
File: batman-was-at-first-like.jpg (18KB, 321x585px) Image search: [Google]
batman-was-at-first-like.jpg
18KB, 321x585px
>>31166920
protip, 'zombie outbreak in the US' and 'invasion from Canada' are weaselspeak for 'quelling armed citizen resistance'.
>>
>>31166920
>Clinton
>>
>>31167058
Factual.
>>
>>31166920
Because conventional warfare is awesome. Fucking nukes ruined everything.
>>
File: 1472156669025.png (170KB, 511x520px) Image search: [Google]
1472156669025.png
170KB, 511x520px
>>31166920
>Snowden
>Petreaus
fucking what
>>
>>31167755
It's likely a presentation about infosec. IE- how to keep information hidden. Thus, the biggest danger comes from insiders, whether they reveal the information willingly or accidentally.
>>
>impenetrable missle shield

Protip: The first part of MAD is Mutual. If the destruction isn't mutual, why would the other side refrain from a preemptive nuclear first strike?

Protip #2: The Armed Forces make up a large amount of our economy, which is a phenomenon known as the Military-Indistrial Complex. As profitable as using nukes to extort small countries may be, our long term growth relies on a sound economy, so we'll keep fighting never-ending wars against poorly armed guerillas until it stops being so damn lucrative.
>>
>>31167058
Whats the problem? is she not careless?
>>
>>31167755
>Petreaus
>fucking what
His response to complaints about collateral damage in Afghanistan was in lines of "it's a good thing because they'll have to apply for recompensation from the new government which will strengthen its legitimacy".

Idiots are very dangerous, anon.
>>
>>31167887
MAD's already broken down, we are in a age where the US could win an atomic war.
>>
>>31168016
Oh really?
>>
>>31168233
One might be able to make that argument. Winning wouldn't look like any war we've seen, but Russia's arsenal has deteriorated big time and China doesn't has never had the number of assets necessary.
>>
>>31166920
Those bottom two are about to fuck us over hard.
>>
>>31168249
>Russia's arsenal has deteriorated big time
I find that unlikely. Do you have a reference point for that?
>>
>>31168249
Do you have any proofs of that?
I only remember Oppenheimer getting butthurt when people claim we can completely level or EMP continents, nothing about winning.
>>
>>31166920
>for the US to retain supreme authority over the globe

So, you Americans got overseas to crush the nazis and their evil world domination motives, destabilised pro-Soviet countries, on the other hand it's completely fine if you want to rule the world?
>>
>>31168266
>>31168291
https://books.google.com/books/about/No_End_in_Sight.html?id=3iOg-t-3q1sC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false

Start at page 84.

The weapons themselves aren't the biggest issue. That would be the command and control aspect, especially in missile warning systems.
>>
File: image.png (310KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
310KB, 640x480px
>>31166920
>That's how we get detailed plans like for an invasion of Canada, or a zombie outbreak in the US, etc.
>I don't understand how coming up hypothetical scenarios is an engaging way to practice real world skills without the training becoming boring
For the record you have to be 18 to post on 4chan.
>>
>>31168329
Interesting stuff anon. Thanks.
>>
>>31168345
Or the fact that it's the job of the general staff to plan for invading any and all countries so that in the off chance that it is needed, a plan has already been established. Sure, it'll need major modifications, but it's a good starting point.
>>
>>31168323
shut up and make my iphone
>>
>>31167977
He has a point, welfare queens generally don't rebel against the source of their welfare checks.
>>
>>31167887
>Protip #2: The Armed Forces make up a large amount of our economy, which is a phenomenon known as the Military-Indistrial Complex. As profitable as using nukes to extort small countries may be, our long term growth relies on a sound economy, so we'll keep fighting never-ending wars against poorly armed guerillas until it stops being so damn lucrative.

Fuck off Ron Paul.
>>
>>31166920
i bet snowden is some sheep dipped guy from the army, bet he was sent in to destroy/control cia from the inside and to get inside russia/china/the east and give them false infomation in the comming wars
>>
>tfw Navy pays me to play Heroes & Generals and shitpost on 4chan all day

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to start IFS in a few months. But right now I'm living the dream.
>>
>>31167977
That makes sense though, even though it's obviously a dumb thing to say in public.
>>
>>31168345

The only fun training you do is pt.
YOU must be 18 to post here

Source: vet
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.