[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /k/ know how to fight unarmed? Do you practice? What? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Does /k/ know how to fight unarmed? Do you practice? What? What do you think is most practical?

I've been learning some basics of Taekwondo from a gym buddy who was an instructor and competitor at a decent level. While I'd never put much stock in styles aside from ground grappling and Irish fisticuffs, I've actually found TKD moves to be very practical to integrate into self defense and close quarters in our "open style" sparring matches. It seems quite applicable to use TKD punches, offensive blows, and thrown elbows in real life.
>>
>>31166656
The last fight I was in ended when I ripped a bloody chunk out of a dudes thigh with my teeth.
>>
>>31166656
The reason you find the moves practical is because everyone else is using it too.

I'm not saying it's useless, and I know it's said to death, but if you want to fight, look MMA.

You're not going to be doing a standing fight trying to get axe kicks and fancy elbows into people, people are idiots, and the vast majority have no idea how to fight, so they latch onto each other. Learn your takedowns and ground fighting.
>>
>>31166656
I do a bit of boxing and grappling. Learned most of it from a co-worker and my wife, respectively. I need to limber up more for doing kicks and footwork properly.
>>
>>31166656
Kick or punch them in the balls. Then leave or kick them in the head.
>>
99% of the time, your opponent on the street or wherever won't know your fighting style, and won't give you time to do your special little movies. It's not an anime, or a performance, their goal is to get you in a submissive position so they can beat the shit out of you. Go for something like MMA, something you can actually use in real-life situations.
>>
>>31166656
>tkd
>practical

1080 aerial scissor kick the fuck on out of here
>>
If you can stand around and throw punches you can just as easily run away.

If that bothers you or removing yourself from the threat isn't your number one priority then you're not actually fighting.
>>
I'm in the process of getting signed up for /K/rav Maga. Always wanted to learn it.
>>
I am a 2nd degree black belt in TKD and did a lot of competitions.

The only useful moves to gain from it are roundhouse kicks to the head, and the different types of blocking with your arms.

The stance you assume is good as well. It teaches a nice grounded foundation to launch kicks from.
>>
>>31166656
i spend a lot of time with krav maga and compete in brazilian jui-jitsu
i need it for my job as a tard wrangler.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.