[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So today I shipped some switchblades to a state where it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: usps.jpg (233KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
usps.jpg
233KB, 2000x1333px
So today I shipped some switchblades to a state where it's illegal to do so. They are legal to own in both states but you can't ship them to where I did. I'm wondering a few things: does the USPS use x-rays to check packages entering certain big cities and if so would they even bother going through the package to check what's inside and then track me down and charge me? I'm probably being overly paranoid but has anyone on here have experience sending illegal stuff through the mail?
>>
Your fucked.
>>
>>31165586
Holy fuck, tell me you didn't actually do this! You're fucked, dude.
>>
Nah bruh as long as you wrapped them in lead you're good
>>
File: drugrug.jpg (145KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
drugrug.jpg
145KB, 960x720px
>>31165586
Anon lets just say back in college I would ship and receive packages regularly in the mail that may or not have been on the up and up. USPS is one of the better choices, stay away from FedEx unless you want your shit opened and searched.
>>
Whew man. You just commited a federal felony then admitted to it online. Better start doing pushups now.
>>
>>31165586
People mail a lot of illegal shit. It's probably not a great idea, but you'll likely be fine. Worst case scenario you get a slap on the wrist. You just didn't understand the law properly, honestly judge.
>>
>>31165662
Good thing I'm behind 7 proxies.
>>
>>31165669
This was kind of my thought process. At least I have a good lawyer in the worst case scenario.
>>
>>31165712
>admitting that you know you broke the law
>thinking ignorance of the law will do anything but maybe shorten your sentence a bit

WEW LAD
>>
If this is your first offense, you'll probably be fine. Maybe a hefty fine at worst.
>>
>>31165749
>Implying if I was charged they would know I was the one that made this thread
WEW LAD.
>>
Which states?
>>
File: SEK-Berlin-1.jpg (218KB, 1100x730px) Image search: [Google]
SEK-Berlin-1.jpg
218KB, 1100x730px
>>31165669
>You just didn't understand the law properly, honestly judge.
Ignorantia juris non excusat. Good luck explaining that to the judge.
>>
>>31165586
What exactly did these switchblades look like? If you scanned them in an xray, would you be able to tell from the silhouette?
>>
>>31165586
Honestly the USPS probably doesn't check anything unless they've been tipped off by someone. The amount of packages they go work with a day is immense, they're not going to x-ray or examine all of them.
>>
>>31165669
>pulling a hillary
>>
>>31165808
They would probably be able to tell it was a knife, but let's say I was shipping a perfectly legal folding knife. Would they open the package to check if it was legal or not? I'm guessing no. I mean what if it was brand new in the box, that would be a dick move from them to open it.
>>
File: switchblade.jpg (10KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
switchblade.jpg
10KB, 450x450px
>>31165830
It's not hard. They might a bunch of conveyor belt x rays that monitor the package flow.
>>31165852
Does it look like this? This is pretty distinctive looking. Anything less than this and they probably won't know.
>>
>>31165882
One of them look exactly like this actually. The others I'm not too worried about either.
>>
>>31165586
Mailman here also worked at one point up in the plant. They do have scanners but usually to detect harmful material like gunpowder/anthrax etc etc. more then likely your knife won't get flagged.

The biggest chance of something getting flagged is customs but there not looking for knives. Worse case scenario customs sees its illegal and seizes it your out the product.

The rural/city carrier not going to check your package either. Unless someone reports you to the postal inspectors your probably in the good.

A few misc things to note make sure you keep your money orders small or you get put in a database.
>>
>>31165971
Thanks for the info.
>>
>>31165971
Also don't put in marker "ANTHRAX MAKING KIT" on the sides of the box.
>>
>>31165586

Many sites sell switchblades to people non-leo cross states and nothing ever happens.
>>
>>31165971
Forgot the scanners also scan for hazardous materials that might explode in a plane because sometimes people forget what they are mailing.

Aka zippo lighters with lighter fluid in them.
>>
>>31166003
Kek the clerk would red flag that and a hazard team would be brought in.
>>
>>31165971

What's this about keeping MOs small? I buy things off gun broker all the time... i'd say they average 100-600$ each time
>>
File: mark-hamill-as-joker-as-1.jpg (118KB, 620x480px) Image search: [Google]
mark-hamill-as-joker-as-1.jpg
118KB, 620x480px
>>31165843
there's a precedent now, literally the entirety of the law can get fucked

welcome to Mad Max
>>
>>31165971
ya how small are we talking here? 1k limit for a MO and gunbroker buyers like them because banks cash em no sweat

whats the limit?
>>
>>31166032
I dont recall the exact amount that gets you flagged off the top of my head but it's in the 3k-5k range.

Usually used in money laundering/drug dealing and you get put into a database.
>>
File: DSCF9253 (Large).jpg (281KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF9253 (Large).jpg
281KB, 1440x1080px
I live in Alaska where auto knives are legal. I ordered mine from BladeHQ and they sent it USPS.
>>
>>31166064

How do you buy a legal machine gun off gunbroker then that is 20k+? personal check.
>>
>>31166076
You can still get the gun with a large ass money order your just going to be put in a database.

Or do a bunch of 2k MOs.
>>
>>31166113

I guess you are already in a database for buying a machine gun legally so what is a few more.

I really wish it was easier to find cheap decent quality auto knives but no good nearby knife stores and fudd gun shows fuck that up.
>>
File: guns don't kill people.jpg (5KB, 190x181px) Image search: [Google]
guns don't kill people.jpg
5KB, 190x181px
>>31166076
>buying a legal machine gun
>thinks he won't end up on a list
You literally file paperwork with the fucking ATF, what could possibly be worse than that? Who gives a shit about the postal cervix at that point
>>
>>31166113
>>31166064

USPS MOs have a 1k limit per transaction, I mean, you can just buy a bunch of 1ks, but.... I'm getting the feeling you may not know what you're talking about
>>
It is trivial to send illegal things through USPS. I've done so and received on many occasions. I know people who have been doing it regularly for years to the point I would never consider doing.
>>
>>31166203
Are you daft just because something has a 1k limit doesn't mean you don't go to the clerk and say I need 2 money orders for 2k.

There is an amount that will put you in a database if you go over that amount you are flagged.
>>
>>31166203
Here is a link for you apparently the limit is 3k. You don't even fill a form out now most of it is computerized.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2014/pb22403/html/updt_007.htm
>>
>>31167037
Plus I think the limit is 5k now this is from 2014 the link. That's why I said earlier 3k-5k.
>>
>>31165586
Well if you're feeling sketchy just don't accept the package or take the package but leave it unopened in your entryway.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.