[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I have 2k to spend on a rifle. Problem is I'm really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
So, I have 2k to spend on a rifle. Problem is I'm really torn on what to get.

I've narrowed my options to 4 rifles.

1: Steyr AUG(O.D. green w/ 16in barrel)
2: CZ Bren 805 S1 carbine
3: PTR91 (K3P PDW, SC, or A3R)
4: Beretta ARX100 plus short barrel kit

The AUG, Bren, and ARX are rifles I've wanted for quite awhile. I feel like I'd be missing an opportunity to finally get a rifle I've been wanting for ages but on the other hand, I currently own a CAI Cetme and I really love the HK styling/feel and .308. But I kinda want a PTR as they're greatly better in QC and my Cetme is kinda junky. I've done a lot of work to my Cetme to get it the way I want it, but deep down I know it won't last me as long as a quality built rifle and I'll just keep on having to fix it up.

So, what is /k/'s opinion on which rifle I should get.
>>
File: 1WvcGdy.jpg (634KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1WvcGdy.jpg
634KB, 2592x1944px
>>
File: 1472344803715.jpg (31KB, 327x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472344803715.jpg
31KB, 327x480px
>>31163120

>1: Steyr AUG(O.D. green w/ 16in barrel)
Never been a big fan of the AUG, just as a personal preference. Many people live them, I would recomend test firing one before you buy

>2: CZ Bren 805 S1 carbine
It had some issues when they came out amd the Czech military demanded some changes.. They're coming out with a new model that's supposed to be superb. I like the look as far as 5.56 rifles go when everything is AR, but I feel like it would definitely bw worth the wait for a new model run.

>3: PTR91 (K3P PDW, SC, or A3R)
A classic in my opinion. All around good shooter, recoil isn't too bad, pretty reliable unless you get a turbo shitty model. I own one and it's one of my favorite shooters.

>4: Beretta ARX100 plus short barrel kit
No opinion/experience
>>
>>31163388
Well, my local indoor rifle range had a F/A Aug I could rent. From what I've heard, slot of the issues the Czech's had stemmed from the magazines. They used cheap, backwards engineered g36 mags. They switched to actual G36 mags and stanag mag wells after the military bitched a massive fit. Or so I've been told.
>>
>>31163120
Not trying to troll or spout /k/ meme stuff but I wouldn't recommend any of those.

What exactly are you looking for in a rifle? Or are you just wanting one of those because you like them?
>>
>>31163495
Well, I own a Cetme and I absolutely love it, but it's quality is pretty low compared to a PTR91. Nothing is really trued/straight on it. And I'm constantly modifying it to make it presentable. But I do really love the 7.62 HK-ness of the gun (about half the parts on it are HK anyways from me messing with it. Does not look pretty, at all.) I've been using a A4 stock on mine. Down side to the rifle is, it's heavy as hell.

I do really like the others, but at the same time, they all fill a role for me pretty nicely. I'm kinda looking at something I can use as a general purpose gun. Something that's compact that I can throw behind the seat of my truck but can easily deploy it if needed. Can be used fairly easily while inside a vehicle. Can engage out to 300m accurately. Easy to maneuver with both in an urban environment as well as a wooded environment.

I've heard great things about all the rifles I'm looking at. With the exception of the Bren 805. I don't think a lot of people have really been putting it through its paces. It's really the only wild card on my list.

I'm not interested in an AK or AR. I've tried to get into AK's before and it just never took. And I've owned plenty of AR's. They'd be great if they came with a folding stock AND can shoot repeatedly with said stock folded.

All of my firearms I own because I have a valid use for them. If I can't come up with a good reason for owning it, I sell it.
>>
>>31163120
AUG is awesome. The trigger is shit and you'll wanna upgrade it as soon as you buy it. Expect no better than 2MOA.

I own an 805. It's 8.10lbs for a 16" 5.56 rifle. It was originally designed to have an injection molded polymer upper, and the production model that was accepted was machined aluminum. The 806 Bren 2 has the following major changes: lighter machined upper, non-reciprocating charging handle, gas system has a suppressor setting (makes it straight-out), redesigned buttstock, bolt release button, and the bolt can be removed from the BCG without tools. Chances are the 806 Bren 2 won't be imported for years. The 805 Bren itself is actually incredibly pleasant to shoot, and I far prefer it to any AR I've shot and/or own(ed). The OEM trigger is also very nice. Think two stage with like 4.5lb break. Expect 1.5MOA out of the box.

The PTR will cost too much to shoot, to put it simply. Even if you reload, and you're okay with getting shorter life out of your brass, it'll throw it so far your recovery rate will be around 75% on good days. If you use a brass catcher, ejection port buffer, or shoot indoors it'll maul the brass worse due to the forceful ejection. On the positive side, mags are cheap as dirt, it's a 1-1.5MOA rifle out of the box, and parts are super cheap. You'll want a heavy buffer.

ARX is fine but nothing amazing. The trigger is trash and I've not seen any good aftermarket replacements yet, but I haven't looked either.
>>
File: DSC_0882.jpg (83KB, 700x469px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0882.jpg
83KB, 700x469px
>>31163977
Who makes aftermarket triggers for the AUG? I'm okay with that weight. He'll my Cetme probably weighs in somewhere around 10-11lbs. Shooting .308 isn't too bad, but it's very hard to find cheap ammo locally. So, only realistic option is mail order ammo. I've heard mixed things on the trigger, some say it's okay and usable especially if you're use to mil-spec triggers and others say it's garbage. But it's got a fantastic track record for reliability and it has an available shirt barrel assembly which the 805 does not. And I do plan on sbring it in the next year.
>>
ar15
>>
>>31164422
Neu-trigger or K&M for AUG.

You can buy a Bren pistol if you want an SBR. The ARX-100 is fine except for trigger and charging handle in my opinion. I'd also consider an MCX.
>>
>>31164488
True, does CZ sell the Bren stock on their site yet? Or a folding buffer tube adapter?

I had thought of the MCX, but I haven't heard if they ever fixed they're rifles? Kinda haven't seen anything to prove otherwise.
>>
>>31164539
There are Bren kits here and there, people have ordered stocks from czechia, and there is an ACR stock adapter in the works.
>>
File: 0729162224.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0729162224.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>31163120
2000 will get you a tavor and some mags. or a Nice .308 ar10 with mags. IF you have a loadout that's light go with .308 or real fffin NATO. I bought a tavor and love it but You will never find one in fde anymore for 1525 after shipping and transfer again.
>>
>>31164703
I've heard some washy things about the accuracy on the tavor's and I'm not a fan of the mag release on them. Too easy to hit on accident.
>>
>>31164965
never happened to me before and the sar tavor is head and shoulder more accurate then the Gimmick X95 or Extreme shit 5 MOA for $100 more? smells like apple product logic... but no I get about 1.75 -2 moa at 100 yards with 55 grain so that's good enough for my standards.Tweaked the trigger pull to 3.25 lbs and is glass smooth on par with a match grade ar trigger. thanks to the Tav-D and lightning bow
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.