[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you react to having a general or other high ranking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

How would you react to having a general or other high ranking officer lead you almost directly at the front.

Would their physical presence be as inspiring as it was in earlier wars?
>>
Yes .... id be hyped as fuck
>>
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/5736203/Commanders-who-lead-from-the-front.html
>During the liberation of Iraq in 2003, my battalion, The Royal Irish, confronted the Iraqi 10th Division.
>Our advance was so rapid that it left pockets of enemy troops far behind, to be mopped up by follow-on forces. I encountered one pocket outside a town called Al Medina.
>Since the rifle company I had directed to cover that area was nowhere to be found, it fell to my tactical headquarters to deal with the problem.
>With an ad hoc group of signallers, the US Marine Corps artillery direction group and my Royal Artillery battery commander, we went forward. Fortunately, on that occasion the 200 or so Iraqis were keen to surrender.
~Colonel Tim Collins, British Army
>>
File: do it.jpg (33KB, 512x200px) Image search: [Google]
do it.jpg
33KB, 512x200px
I'd prefer the inexperienced blow hard get the fuck out of our way so we can negotiate the objective.
>>
My father told me stories about his division commander just strolling around while shots were cracking off all around. It wasn't much of a battle or firefight but there was some inaccurate fire coming from quite a ways away.
>>
>>31160949
>hyped by what another man does
Definition of a beta
>>
>>31163357
>insecure about the presence of another charismatic human
Definition of an omega
>>
>>31160939
Its hard to get a strategic view from the front, thats usually a tactical viewpoint best left to lower ranking but experienced Officers.
>>
>The moment you realize you will never be a field marshal.

Being a field marshal would be the most badass job ever.
>>
Recommended reading: The Fall of the Warrior King, Jew York Times.

People who knew Sassaman still talk about him with reverence. I knew a west point grad chaplain who would prolly suck him off if given the chance (West Pointers are all fags tho.)

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2005/10/23/magazine/the-fall-of-the-warrior-king.html
>>
>>31160939
> be me
> shit head e4 in early 2003
> in some desert shit hole
> indirect fire
>hear our side returing fire with m240b
>look over
>full bird colonel hipfiring a 240 b
>>
It can be inspiring at times. Look at Lt. Col. Jones's VC citation at the Battle of Goose Green.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._Jones
>>
>>31165997
I hope you're joking
>>
>>31160939
I would probably think with the Exception of the lord and savior General Mattis that he was trying to be General Mattis
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.