[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would pic related cut off 7.62x39 act like a hollowpoint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Would pic related cut off 7.62x39 act like a hollowpoint in some aspect?
>>
File: image.jpg (994KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
994KB, 3264x2448px
More pic related
>>
>>31159345
It would probably just have a super fucked up trajectory. If you really want to make ghetto hollow points, pulling and turning a regular bullet backwards (presuming it is the standard type that doesn't jacket the bottom) can work while only slightly fucking up the accuracy. One of the few fuddlore things that actually works.
>>
>>31159345
It might act like a soft point bullet. It also might KB your rifle. The base of that bullet is very likely open. meaning you have a chunk of lead inside a tapered lead tube. Upon firing, it is very possible for the jacket to stick midway down the barrel and only the lead core will shoot out the barrel. When you fire the next round, you will kaboom your rifle.
>>
>>31159368
Let's say for really close range, would it expand?
>>
You realize they make hollowpoints right? You'd probably run into some feeding problems anyway if this thread is remotely serious.
>>
>>31159391
This is a one time thing. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>31159398
Jesus, are you trying to an hero with a homemade hollowpoint?
>>
>>31159345
Plenty of historical military reference how various FMJ tips were cut off to make them expanding projectiles. They even loaded open base bullets backwards in the casing.

Dumdums were banned for military use, then again civilian use has no restrictions, in fact expanding bullets are recommended for hunting, pest control and self defence.

However if you pack that tip with a hard steel shot or similar to make it AP, you are going to jail.
>>
>>31159408
There could be a nigger coming to rape me who knows what is happening.
I just want to know if this shit will destroy a brain steam "hypothetically"
>>
>>31159371
If only one shot is taken, would the jacket affect my shot?
>>
>>31159368
No, the trajectory will not necessarily be affected. It is just a hollow point.

However if you modify the base of the bullet lets say asymmetric, what happens at the muzzle crowning will be absolutely serious effect for precision, i.e. there will be no precision.

Bullet base region (including boat tails etc) and muzzle crowning health are pretty serious factors for accuracy.
>>
>>31159505
How fatal would the round be?
>>
>>31159387
Are you thinking of killing yourself? Don't do it.

Trust me, life itself will blow you away. I promise. Been there.

What comes to your question, yes. The more velocity the bullet has, the more it will deform.
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 800x1576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 800x1576px
>>31159526
It's getting there that I can't do. I honestly don't care about getting my ban now that I won't be around for much longer. This board has unironically kept me alive for two years. I was the curator of /bpg/ (black powder general) and was a very productive and paranormal underageb&.
I am only asking because my life is such a strange form of hell that I hate to hate it.

I just want to be gone.

I love you all, /k/omrades

Ave nex alea
>>
>>31159592
Talk to us.
>>
>>31159345
No. Good HPs have jackets that have been structurally weakened in key points to make it mushroom consistently.
>>
>>31159592
I bet you don't even livestream it, faggot
>>
>>31159648
I've got a thread on /b/ about that going right now.
>>
>>31159629
Yeah, that round can't do much.
>>
>>31159592
but how will I be able to shitpost about Pietta without /bpg/?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>31159666
I might be a better shitposter when I am as autistic as the rest of you.

My pietta 1851 came 3 days ago, still haven't shot it. Would have used it instead of Sks if pyrodex wasn't so goddamn expensive!
>>
>>31159629
Right.

With a no good design he will miss his brainstem. It will just pencil through and leave him blind or paraplegic, or both.
>>
>>31159686
>buying into the fucking retarded ".44 Brass Navy" meme Pietta is pushing
>not getting a historically accurate .44 Dragoon or 1860 (or Remmy) or a .36 1851 instead of the Italian 1860/1851 rape baby
>>
File: IMG_20160830_185645.jpg (715KB, 1648x2846px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160830_185645.jpg
715KB, 1648x2846px
>>31159345
>>31159358

Like this ?
>>
>>31159776
Much more sloppy, but yes.
>>
>>31159592
You died as you lived on 4chan:

Worthless and forgotten.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.