[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /k/, I'm a novice when it comes to guns. I own zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: P1070073r-1024x684.jpg (130KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
P1070073r-1024x684.jpg
130KB, 1024x684px
Alright /k/, I'm a novice when it comes to guns. I own zero of my own (I have a lower receiver) and I shot for the first time earlier this year. So know that I'm not trying to start a shitstorm if this turns out to be one of those questions.
What's your favorite bolt action rifle? I'm looking for something that's low to mid price range, legal to purchase in the US, hopefully in a common caliber. I just fired a scoped rifle for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it felt good, looking to get one of my own now. I guess if you have a favorite scope for that rifle as well that would be appreciated as well.
>>
I tend to split bolt actions into three categories:
1. Military surplus
2. Hunting, tactical, long range and completion specific
3. Rimfire

What are you actually looking to do with it, how do you want to shoot it?
>>
>>31158969
If you buy a Milsurp bolt gun, M1917 Enfields, 1903 Springfields, and Mosins are your best options.

They all have very common calibers.
>>
>>31158969
>I own zero of my own
>I own a lower
ATF pls go
>>
>>31159065
I'm just looking for casual target shooting, I'm not looking to be a TACTICALSNIPER or anything like that. I might try hunting eventually, so if it could serve dual purpose that's good. Just looking for something that feels good to shoot mostltly.
>>
>>31159084
Doesn't the ATF classify the lower as a gun? So by saying I have zero, doesn't that make me not the ATF by definition?
>>31159081
Any preference on these?
>>
>>31159103
Preference would be a Mosin, if you can find a good one, since it's cheaper than the other two options. Get a Finnish M39, if you can, but a good Russian 91/30 is fine too.

Mosins will eat any ammo you feed them, surplus or factory.
>>
>>31159091
There's an almost limitless number of configurations open to you then.

>>31159103
The 1917 is the best there, ammo is a little more expensive than 7.62x54r but not that much, and it's fucking everywhere. If .30-06 ever becomes hard to find in the US you know that the end times are coming. Most importantly though it's nicer to shoot than a Mosin, for the most part. Not that the nuggets are bad rifles.
>>
Sako makes a masterpiece of a rifle if you can justify the cost, Tikka is owned by Sako and they also make good rifles but at a more reasonable price. Both you can get in just about any caliber
>>
>>31159356
Are all the rifles I see on their site the same rifle with different configurations, or am I looking for something more specific?
>>31159242
>>31159355
Alright, I'm leaning towards the Enfield. How much should I be looking at for the Enfield and how much for a mosin, to avoid getting ripped off
>>
If you just want a general purpose bolt you could get pretty much any Savage and a vortex scope and call it a day.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.