[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>disband all armored formations >sell all tanks >move

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: orange_tank.jpg (363KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orange_tank.jpg
363KB, 1600x1200px
>disband all armored formations
>sell all tanks
>move the armies under command of Germany

Why are Dutch allowed to remain in NATO again?

Why are they allowed to remain independent after giving up their sovereignty? Should Belgium and Germany just partition the Netherlands?
>>
>>31158116
It's a new world, anon. They assume germany is so shamed now that it will never be aggressive again
>>
>disband all armored formations
wat

>sell all tanks
Literally useless for a country which is sandwiched between NATO giants like France, Germany and the UK. They were just catching dust. And well, if Germany gets silly ideas again, a few hundred tanks wouldn't stop them anyway. Dutch Army recently made a deal to lease like 18 Leopard 2A7s though. I don't see the purpose myself.

>move the armies under command of Germany
The airmobile brigade is integrated with the German DSK, yes. I don't see how that is bad. German paras are top tier and training and exercising with them is a good thing.

Also funny how you conveniently forgot to mention the Belgian navy is officially under Dutch command and also the German Seabatallion is being integrated with the Dutch Marines. It works both ways.
>>
>>31158185
>wat

>568 AIFV (YPR-765) infantry fighting vehicles were in service until June 2012, while of a total of 445 Leopard 2 MBTs originally purchased, 114 tanks and 1 turret were sold to Austria, 100 to Canada, 57 to Norway, 1 driver training tank and 10 turrets to Germany and 38 to Portugal (1 driver training tank). On April 8, 2011 the Dutch Ministry of Defense dissolved the last tank unit and sold the remaining Leopard tanks due to large budget cuts. On May 18, 2011 the last Leopard 2 fired the final shot at the Bergen-Hohne Training Area.
>>
>>31158233
Which have been replaced by hundreds of Boxers, CV90s, Fenneks and Bushmasters
>>
>>31158233
And 100 to Finland, tyvm
>>
>>31158116
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V92OBNsQgxU
>>
>>31158242
No, that's bullshit. They already had those, they aremerely buying few more.
>>
Didn't they actually keep a small number after the Ukraine habbenings? Also, the "no money to keep them running" excuse is a joke, my country is a shithole and still operates like 80 tanks.
>>
>>31158276
>already had those

Are you retarded? First CV90s got delivered in 2011, first Boxer in 2013

They were a 100% replacement for the old YPR-765
>>
>>31158308
>CV9035NL
>44 were sold to Estonia in 2014

OBOY
>>
>>31158116
>Be in NATO
>Be surrounded by Poles, Germans, Americans, Britons, and French who have more tanks than any of your enemies
>Decide to focus your forces elsewhere

Why is this an issue? Different nations have different roles in NATO.
>>
>>31158305
It wasn't because of Ukraine, but the Army wanted to keep it's knowledge about Leopard tanks, that's why they are leasing 18 Leopard 2A7s from Germany.

And the tanks weren't sold because of the running costs. They were literally catching dust. The military faced budget cuts during the financial crisis and the tanks were the first ones to go. Everyone got butthurt because people still have this romanticized idea of WW2 where tanks rule everything.

>>31158352
This.

What the Netherlands has to offer to NATO is mostly focused around the navy and marine corps. 2 LPDs, another multipurpose amphibious warfare ship, 4 destroyers with ABM capabilities, large (combined with Belgium) minehunter fleet, excellent trained marines, blue-water diesel-electric subs with a huge range. The army has Patriot batteries + NASAMS II, which is a pretty big asset to NATO too. And the air force were the first ones outside of the US to acquire the F-35A, thus will have the most training hours with them. Also two of the biggest tanker/transport aircraft within NATO, although they will be replaced in a few years with the A330 MRTT.
>>
>>31158116
>Should Belgium and

Belgium also sold it's tank and has long term project to merge it's army with dutch army to form the "Low countries army".
Just fuck my shit up
>>
File: 1452266374504.jpg (133KB, 618x874px) Image search: [Google]
1452266374504.jpg
133KB, 618x874px
>>31158185
>And well, if Germany gets silly ideas again, a few hundred tanks wouldn't stop them anyway
Their tanks were against Russia not Germany, you, silly baka.
>>
>>31158116
The Dutch have more right to be a nation than Belgium jesus fuck what are you talking about
>>
>>31158688
Yes during the Cold War, but those times are over. Now the Benelux is safely squeezed between a large belt of NATO countries.
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 650x1025px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 650x1025px
>>31158184
Ein Volk
Ein Reich
Ein Fuhrer
>>
>>31158116
>Why are they allowed to remain independent after giving up their sovereignty?
Because once you give up your sovereignty you are by definition not independent. They have ceased to be a country.
>>
>>31158785
By that logic, none of the NATO countries is a country anymore
>>
File: JSS_Karel_Doorman_in_Den_Helder.jpg (560KB, 2560x1707px) Image search: [Google]
JSS_Karel_Doorman_in_Den_Helder.jpg
560KB, 2560x1707px
As a German I think it is a good development, the closer european militaries work together the more efficient and cheaper we can work. If it comes to a war we will fight together anyways, the earlier we establish multinational cooperations the better
>>
>>31158803
Euro tactics in case of Russian invasion is let the slavs (mainly poles) die so France and Britain can stall for time until the US shows up
>>
>>31158824
>Russian invasion
>people actually think this will ever happen
>>
>>31158852
This. Modern warfare is just proxy wars where countries fight eachother by supporting a some government or terrorist cell.
>>
>>31158852
this, war with russia is the most stupid meme. Pope Francis announcing a new crusade is more likely to happen
>>
>>31158852
I didn't say I thought it would happen
But in that what if scenario, which people have been going on about since the end of WW2, that is, has and always will be the plan
Everyone but the 2 main euro NATO powers are speedbumps, the last 2 are holding powers, then the US comes in to save the day
>>
File: 48544.jpg (33KB, 620x433px) Image search: [Google]
48544.jpg
33KB, 620x433px
>>31158763
>but those times are over
>Baltic countries shitting bricks 2014.jpeg

>Now the Benelux is safely squeezed between a large belt of NATO countries.
Do you understand how NATO works (supposed to work before dutchlike stopped towing the line) in case of aggression against members?
>>
>>31158662
That's great though. You will see The Netherlands and Belgium becoming once again in your lifetime.
>>31158955
You seem to confuse two things. There is the way NATO should work and then there is the way it actually works. This is called politicis.
>>
>>31158912
Thanks Obama!

>>31158955
The Baltics should not worry for a military invasion. Instead, they should worry about their rising Russian population. If they ever become the majority, they're just a referendum away from being Russian clay.
For now, their faith is in their own hands.

And I know about Article 5. We were discussing the issue of the Netherlands selling it's tanks. Are you saying they should have kept them purely for NATO interests?
>>
>>31158852
krim
>>
>>31159029
> If they ever become the majority, they're just a referendum away from being Russian clay

In Estonia sites like Narva is 90% russian. And then they ask about something like special status for russian language, we say to them:
"Russia is just across the border. Go and be Russian there. Here is Estonia and you shoud speak Estonian."
Also we didn't give them a citizen status. In Estonia most of the Russians isn't citizens of the country. They can't vote. Latvia do the same.
>>
>>31159029
>Are you saying they should have kept them purely for NATO interests?
>member of military alliance
>building military according to this alliance agreements and interests
I wonder what is wrong with this formula...
>>
>>31158116
The country next to mine disbanded their military. Now we train in case our "historic enemy" pulls a Belgium backdoor.
>>
>>31161057
Literally no one does that

NATO means very little outside of the couple joint exercises each year. Most NATO countries have military alliances that go way deeper than NATO
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.