[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is Remington going to get on board an start free floating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: floating.jpg (241KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
floating.jpg
241KB, 1600x1200px
When is Remington going to get on board an start free floating the 700? We're not in the 60s anymore.
>>
>>31156624
>Considering Remshit

They are the epitome of a company that rested on their laurels for far too long, and should rightfully be punished for it.
>>
>>31156682
Oh, I'm not considering it. I bought I Remington when I was 18 (my first gun) and it was awful. I sold it to a pawn shop and now own a Winchester M70, the rifleman's rifle now and always.
>>
>>31156624
>>31156699
>Cerberus Group Remshit
>Giving 2 fucks about their customers, product, brand history, or quality control
Pick zero.
>>
Does anyone on this board still suck the big, green cock? Their guns, ammo, and Remoil are all garbage.
>>
>>31156732
Pretty fuckin hilarious that a gun factory conglomerate is called Cerberus.
Like the libs need any more reason to be scared of guns you give them the name of a three headed mythological hellhound and anyone's first though would be "evil shell corp"
>>
>>31156624
This isn't a problem outside of the garbage-category $369 Cabellas box specials that come with an unfathomably shitty scope.
>>
>>31156749

I wouldn't say no to one of the higher end Remingtons, and I'd love to build one for the ground up. The simplicity of the design and the clean lines, and the size of the aftermarket all have a huge appeal. The failures are in the manufacturing and quality control, not in the on-paper design itself.

This is coming from a devoted Mauser/Winchester fag.
>>
>>31156624

In a thin barreled sporter with a rigid forestock, pressure bedding can deaden barrel vibration, and hypothetically a firearm set up this way can outperform a free floated one if all else is equal and the rifles are allowed to cool between shots.

I'm not a fan either, but that's the rationale.
>>
>>31156749
I bought I low end model, Remington 700 26" ADL Varmint .308.
> Replaced rail
> Replaced Stock
> Its amazing and has had no problems with it at all....
>>
>>31156624
700 and 700 pattern actions are still the most widely used across multiple rifle shooting competitions.
>>
>>31157405
True but I doubt Remington's milk jug plastic stocks (or anyone else's for that matter) have tight enough specs to deliver consistent pressure rifle to rifle to rifle.

The best way to roll with a pressure pad is to start with a stiff forend that is free floating and build it up from there.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.