[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just signed an 11x option 40 contract. I'm 24 and just quit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

Just signed an 11x option 40 contract. I'm 24 and just quit my job on wall street in ny because I fucking hate it and I've wanted to be an airborne ranger for the past decade. Parents hate me now and friends think I'm a nut. I don't ship out for basic a few months. Current 5 mile time is 36 min, I'm at 75 push ups and 85 sit ups. Any tips on getting into rucking? It's the one thing I don't have any experience with.
>>
Dont just try to jump into it. Learn how to properly pack a ruck, good form and wear appropriate shoes. There are plenty of guides online. Just Google it.
>>
Welcome to the 82nd Airborne faggot
>>
>>31155089
>just quit my job on wall street in ny
Is there another Wall St that I'm not aware of ?
>>
>>31155128

Only softies and fat bodies quit/wash out from RASP. RASP is the easy part. Staying in the regiment once you get there is hard.

Never quit, OP. Take care of your feet.
>>
>>31155089
Just do it.

I'm assuming you have cash.

>Buy an Alice pack.
>Put heavy shit in it
>walk

Also you're gonna need a good pair of boots.
>>
>>31155151

"wall street" jobs don't necessarily have to be located in ny. It's a term.
>>
>>31155213
I got ya, so he could 'work on wall st' by being a day trader or something
>>
>>31155289
*working at a home office or something of that sort
>>
>>31155289

OP Here. I was a banker.

>>31155196
>>31155114

Thanks.
>>
>>31155289

No. I'm not sure if you're trying to get fucking fresh with me but you can still be an investment banker or work as an equity trader for a big bank, both of which are considered "wall street" jobs, but be working in an office out of Texas or Alaska
>>
>>31155504
>but be working in an office out of Texas or Alaska
I understand that, didn't think about it till after I shitposted.
>>
>>31155562
stop.being.reasonable
>>
>>31155504
>get fresh with me

Ur a big shit now huh?
>>
>>31155089
im a dirty leg

infantry standard is 12 miles in 3 hours i think.
rucking was easy for me as soon as my legs got used to it, my shoulders were pussy tho, and the only way to get used to those conditions is to do it. i snuck caffeine pills and aspirin before ruck marches. find boots you like. that means buy, then break them in. should be no problem with your income. i liked standard issue wide.
>>
>>31156319
If you get caught for that you'll get your head ripped off

It's both dishonest and it doesn't let the training run its course and cut those that couldn't hack it without using artificial aid.

>OP, your best option is to embrace the suck, learn to love the suck. The suck is inevitable
>>
File: boots.jpg (48KB, 560x525px) Image search: [Google]
boots.jpg
48KB, 560x525px
>>31155128
I went from the 82nd to the 75th. When it comes to Airborne operations, the 82nd is leaps and bounds above the rest of the world. I felt like a college student among 1st grade children.

But that was for Airborne ops. When it came to motivation and discipline, the 75th rules the roost.
>>
>>31156480
>He doesn't know that every major military runs off of mass produced pharmaceutical products since at least fucking WWII

Enjoy flying B-24 raids without those zip pills my dude. Enjoy defending the Ostfront without that amphetamine zest.

Enjoy a twelve hour patrol without those rip-its.

https://masterbombercraig.wordpress.com/avro-lancaster-bomber/lancaster-crews/wakey-wakey-pills/

http://lmharchive.ca/benzedrine-sulphate-used-in-war-operations-by-brook-durham/
>>
>>31155089

If you worked on Wall Street why aren't you using that big brain to become an officer?
>>
>>31157355
because officers are dickbutts
even sf ones
no exception
>>
>>31157355
this

officers have careers, enlisted get fucked
>>
>>31157366

rofl.

but he'd be the officer. it's his choice who to be.
>>
>>31157368
if i could go back i'd enlist as an officer. they only have to do administration, and if they fail at that, even if somebody dies, it isn't their fault.

seriously, i've had officers submit minutes to rewrite SOPs because they'd rather waste a week doing admin in order to put the blame on a private than admit they left a unit key in the door (on the outside). guess what, that private got charged, and if they'd complained, their career would have been fucked.

i know if i tried to commission now i'd fail the psych tests. they have to be so patriotic and fucking stupid to get through...
>>
>>31157366
I've served with some pretty fucking awesome officers.

My 1lt got shot on the jump into Panama. He negated to tell anyone about it until the end of the operation. Show me one other officer in the history of the United States who did more.

We knew he was fucked up but we were young and the word of officers was the word of finality. He told us to pipe down. We didn't utter a peep.

The sad part is, I can't even remember his fucking name.
>>
>>31157396
>enlist as an officer
That is a contradiction. You either enlist or you become an officer. Enlisted personnel are rank and file. Officers are the command.
>>
>>31157355
Sometimes it's good to enlist before going for that sort of thing. When I was younger I doubt I had the discipline for any of it and waited till I was older. Little itty bit of rank sometimes you gotta work hard for it, gives a lot more lee way for learning and you still get to take pride in doing some hard work. By the end of your first contract if you're not in a leadership position you know you either have to make the decision to move up to leader or get out pretty much now a days. Start out low you can still move up. Start up high, moving down means you really screwed the pooch on some thing(s) and moving back up again might not be possible.
>>
>>31157412
The world doesn't end at the US border you fucking idiot. Maybe in my country officers sign the same forms as everybody else?

Are you an officer? You sound like one, you turned your own stupidity into an attempt to correct somebody else.
>>
>>31157402
>Show me one other officer in the history of the United States who did more.
a guy I met at my church looking for ranch help that I deer hunt with had a parachute failure at 200 feet above Central America. His knees and spine are in great shape after three surgeries and now he only has to demonstrate driving a T-post, he can't do it himself, lifting anything above his head guarantees the liquor cabinet opens.
So in a certain way I win good cheap booze.
>>
>>31157500
Good thing the OP is from whatever country you're from...oh wait.
>>
>>31156251
I for one like his in your face attitude
>>
File: brody_jaws.jpg (515KB, 1899x818px) Image search: [Google]
brody_jaws.jpg
515KB, 1899x818px
>>31155089
Back in the 90s you only had to be an athlete with common sense. Today, you have to be an athlete with smarts. If you are a high school jock but a dumb fuck, you won't become a Ranger. You need intelligence these days. The 75th is higher tier. You're going to need a bigger boat if you want to be a Ranger.
>>
>>31155190
I hear this all the time, but its never elaborated upon. Whats life in the 75th like? What makes it so that people get washed out so frequently? Really wanna know.
>>
File: patch.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
patch.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>>31158198
I am your TL. I just told you to attack a tree and kill every squirrel. If you fail, I will ruin your life that day.

I am your SQL. I told you to run around Lawson. You better be back before I finish my lunch. You'll get an MRE as an award.

I'm your PSG. You know nothing and I will never interact with you. Do pushups at the sight of me.

Get the hint? We don't talk about what happens in battalion.
>>
>>31155089
Don't jump into rucking it's something that if you push your self too hard into you can do real damage. Basic will get you where you need to be on road marching. That's an important thing about OSUT a 45lb pack at 15 minutes per mile is the standard. It's almost down to a science with how best to do that.

If you are wanting to hard dick sua sponte this shit get an Alice pack, load it with 30 lbs and go for a walk, not a fast walk just a normal walk at your normal pace and stride. Don't crush yourself out of the gate with rucking.

Also are you on Armyranger.com? If not get on there make an account on their forum. Introduce yourself and get amentor on there who can help you get in shape. Read a lot, post never and then ship out.

Best of luck with it man. Best advice I can give though is don't be a bitch and handle your shit.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.