[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /k/. I am 34 turning 35 and inna Army Reserves. I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: CAM01031.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
CAM01031.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
Help me /k/. I am 34 turning 35 and inna Army Reserves. I want to do Teir One shit.

I started the process to switch to Airforce for Pararescue, but the more I research about it, the less it sounds like what I want.
I think I can make it through the pipeline and all the training...its just that I want to shoot bad guys in the face, not save people.
CCT looked cool, but if they arent calling in airstrikes and shit, they arent doing a lot of killing guys unless they absolutely have to.

So wtf should I do? Currently Im PSYOP, Ive been Infantry..,,and in my free time I swim, run and ruck all the time....so the standards for all the cool guy schools are things I know I can do....

I kinda gotta make this happen this year because of my age.
wat do?
>>
Get out now and apply for a three letter agency and or a PMC
>>
>>31117349
You want to shoot people in the face?
Army Rangers
Army Special Forces
Delta
Navy Seals
>>
>>31117360
^ this is how you advance in the world, OP

Do you want access to secret information, special privilege and insulation from criminal wrongdoing?

Become a part of the American government, only a fool would not do this.
>>
>>31117370
The Green Berets do more training than shooting.
Not that they can't and sometimes will do direct action, but it's not their main focus. All the others are good though.
>>
>>31117422
Yeah, a lot of what I did when I was in was VSO but we did a lot of direct action as well if no one else was close

Even doing VSO, you will shoot people in the face
>>
>>31117459
What is VSO?

Ive been in 15 years...another problem...but my GT is 128
>>
>>31117494
Village Stability Operations
Going around and winning the hearts and minds of locals while dodging mortars, machine gun fire, and IEDs.
>>
>>31117349
Three choices:
>PMC/Private Security Contracting
>Alphabet Soup Agency/SWAT (Especially in the border states)
>Special Forces (i.e., Delta, Green Berets, SEALs, etc)
>>
>>31117422
They're currently fighting alongside the Kurds in Syria. OP might have hos chances getting deployed there. Idk if they're also cooperating with the SAS in Libya
>>
>>31117512
ah I see. PSYOP had me doing similar things in Iraq.
>>
>>31117512
I always wanted to do Delta...but I keeo hearing they dont take Reservists..,Also I have no idea where to start with that
>>
>>31117558
It was really sad doing it most of the time and I hated it.
Much prefer direct action or training locals

>>31117575
I'm not sure, I wasn't really interested in doing it. I was 18D and now I'm in medical school. I'm sure google could pop something up. The tryouts are fucking stupid hard from people I've talked to and read online
>>
>>31117349
You can try to get in a 3 letter agency. US Marshals or some PMC work. At least things are heating up again in the Middle East.

I'm just a couple years younger than you and I'm saying this for both of us. We're too old now for Q course or Ranger School etc. Unless we're fucking fitness maniacs. I have a feeling if you were there you wouldn't be questioning yourself.
>>
>>31118223
Dude I am fit. More than enough to do any of the teir one schools....my problem is this
>PJ's
dont shoot people in the face
>CCT
call in airstrikes, but dont shoot people in the face
>SEALs
Im too old
>Ranger
Im not active duty (the school is just a tab, the unit is where the cool shit happens)
>SF
Too old

>the only reason AFSOC is looking at me is because they can subtract my active time from my actual age to make me """"28""""years old...but if I dont get a conditional release by Jan I am too old.
>>
>>31118223
and for the record, I already interviewed for the CIA....I didnt get in.....but for thoseof you looking to go that route...
>CIA cool guys (SAD) are all prior SOF
>you can get in as a their police force
>after a few years as their police you can transfer to other CIA stuff, but not cool guy stuff (SAD)
>for some reason they didnt tell us applicants everything about the agency
>you can apply at CIA.gov in the careers section.
>>
>>31117349
I think youre too old unless you get a waiver, but just join the navy and try to be a seal man. Its your best chance at the moment.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.