[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy a Mosin Nagant, /k/? If I do, what are some things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: man-thinking-men-400x295.jpg (18KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
man-thinking-men-400x295.jpg
18KB, 400x295px
Should I buy a Mosin Nagant, /k/?

If I do, what are some things I should look out for? Is it not worth it since the price has gone up? Im not an expert so im asking. Thanks!
>>
They're no worth it any more. Buy a yugo mauser.
>>
>>31112415
Nah. Mosins aren't cheap as they used to be. You could get better deals with an AR (Like a S&W MP5) or an AMD 63/65 from classics that are around $500 bucks and with easily available ammunition
>>
>>31112437
>S&WMP5
Meant S&W MP 15
>>
dunno where the earlier posters are from, but I still can find Mosins for ~100-150 bucks
>>
>>31112415
only if you can find it around the price range >>31112507 stated. Also investigate it in person before buying, play with the bolt to see how smooth it is, and take the bolt out and look down the bore and see if even has any rifling intact. You can as google to show you pictures of good bores vs bad to know what you should expect and look for.
>>
Ammo is drying up and getting expensive, I dropped my mosin and ammo for a nice profit.

If you want to plink cheap, get a bolt a action in 5.56 like the MVP. If you just want to get a gun, wait for sales and slap together an AR for $450.

Another great plinker is the hi point carbine, $350 and cheap ass 9mm
>>
File: P1030195.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1030195.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>31112415
You still should get one at some point, but it's not a "cheap' beginner's rifle like it used to be. I still think it's worth having one, I love mine even more than my kar98k personally. I love roughly slapping that action open and back in place. Then it hits where I aim, and that's about all I expect of my guns in the end.
So it still does basically everything you'd expect from a milsurp bolt action, but it costs more, and ammo costs more than years back. Such is milsurp lyfe though.
The artificially low price bubble caused by imports has burst now that imports have mostly stopped for mosins and 54r surplus.
>>
File: jones.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jones.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>>31112415
>mfw got one at a pawn shop the other day for 180$
>>
>>31112415
Ammo is still easy to find if you know where to look. Ive seen mosins for 200 250 and sometimes less. So yeah. Go russian.
>>
>>31112415
>barrel is a little thin
>ammo is not in the most wide use
>trigger and bolt are not super smooth

unless soviet cos play is your thing look elsewhere
modern mass produced rifles can have better accuracy and handling
>>
>>31113248
>modern mass produced rifles can have better accuracy and handling
But modern rifles have 0 personality to them. They're mostly just generic feeling vs anything milsurp.
>>
>>31112415
Yeah, it's fun. As long as you don't carry it to work this time :^)
>>
File: 1469766516699.jpg (105KB, 1004x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469766516699.jpg
105KB, 1004x800px
>>31113262
This.
>>
>>31112415
Do you like history? If not, don't buy any milsurp rifle. They're collectors guns.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.