[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With an exploded view of a firearm, do you think you could manufacture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Slavia618_rozkres.gif (92KB, 3853x2666px) Image search: [Google]
Slavia618_rozkres.gif
92KB, 3853x2666px
With an exploded view of a firearm, do you think you could manufacture that firearm?
>>
>>31104220
not likely. a number of details are obscured in an exploded view and no dimensions are given. Now if we had detailed dimensions of say the bolt of a weapon and an exploded view it might be possible to make something very similar to the original firearm although parts likely wouldn't interchange.
>>
>>31104220
no because there are no fucking measurements you faggot.
>>
Literally impossible without a 3D printer.
>>
>>31104294
Why not just use arbitrary measurements that work together, starting with your chosen round or bore diameter?
>>
Of course not. Why do you think it's taken so long to reverse-engineer the Mosin Nagant?
>>
>>31104220
I'd need the exact measurements and more than one side view.
>>
>>31104220
What the fuck is going on in that picture? I don't understand it at all.
>>
>>31104220
Pfft, I wished. If that were the cases, I'd be making $500 FAMAS by the thousands
>>
>>31104220
>pic
Is this the fabled German Space Magic I keep hearing about?
>>
>>31104316
I mentioned the bolt because it's usually one of the most important parts to get right in terms of dimensions and I assumed you where taking about making a gun that is mostly identical to another existing firearm
>>
>>31104220
Probably not. The flames from the exosion would obscure details, the metal would be bent and damaged by it as well, and the stock would be destroyed
>>
>>31104417
>mostly identical
Where was that said? I indeed just meant making a gun with the same general design at all.
>>
>>31104220
The operating system and structural concepts, yes.

1:1 copy, no.
>>
>>31104386
>>31104394
it's just an old air gun, guys, not the end of the world.
>>
>>31104220
You need a 3-axis laser CNC controlled milling machine for that.
>>
>>31104386
Are you dumb dumb?

The picture is rather clear. It is a classic break-action air-gun.
>>
>>31104220
Where'd you get that image, OP? Can you provide some open source blueprints for that gun? I need it for... Reasons.
>>
>>31104467
Real guns are powered by air now? Do tell.
>>
>>31104489
Air guns are actually guns, just not firearms.

They made air-guns capable of killing moose all the way back in 1700s.
>>
>>31104220
Yeah I think I could work that out if I had the right tools
>>
>>31104459
What are you, dumb?
>>
>>31106006
The most challenging part would be the rifling in the barrel
>>
>>31104220
Dimensions and tolerances would be nice. Could maybe bash together a frankengun with just an exploded view, but by no means would it be guaranteed to match the original. Also, a lot a of extra work would be done to figure out what materials are appropriate for each part after using inductive reasoning to figure out what their use is.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.