[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy my son (12 years old right now) a gun so I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1471741298432.jpg (334KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
1471741298432.jpg
334KB, 800x593px
I want to buy my son (12 years old right now) a gun so I can teach him gun safety and how to operate.

What should I get him? I want it to be something that's easy to fire for a boy but something he can also grow up with.
>>
>>31102344
a pellet gun
>>
10/22
or if you want a bolt gun
Marlin xt-22
>>
>>31102351
Already bought him a Daisy pellet gun and Taught him about trigger discipline and never pointing it at people / things.

>>31102357
Thanks anon, I may get both of those actually.
>>
>>31102344
Get a .22lr. Semi or bolt. Easy to operate. Little maintenance. Zero recoil. Cheap to shoot.
>>
How about a bolt action 5.56? When he gets an AR later down the line he will already have experience with the round, and a stock of ammo for it already.
>>
At his age, he could easily handle a Marlin 60 in .22. Everyone needs a .22, and that will be a good start.
>>
I started off shooting 12-gauge shotguns at that age. Yeah it bruised the shit outta me, but it was fun, so if you think he can handle it then get him a cheap 12-gauge
>>
>>31102344
AR15 with, for now, a .22LR conversion bolt. In the end, it will be a better=cheaper investment because in 6 years he'll want an AR anyway. Also, should you ever happen to need a real gun, you'll have the AR ready.
>>
>>31102910
This my father got all three of his sons a Remington 870 when we ternd 12. We did also have a 410 single shot at 10 though.
>>
>>31102344
Marlin 60. 22LR. That's the one I grew up with and absolutely love it. I still have it. My son is only 3 and I will pass it on to him.
>>
>>31102357
>seconded
Both are awesome guns, and the adjustable trigger on the marlin is amazing.
>>
>>31102344
Ruger makes a bolt action 22 with a trigger smooth as butter that takes 10/22 mags.
>>
>been shooting since I was three
>people aren't shooting until they're twelve
I've never been as grateful as I am now. I started off with a Cricket single shot .22. My father was a big fan of "you only get one shot, so make it count" thinking.
>>
H E N R Y
E
N
R
Y
>>
>>31106185
This

Except i had a marlin xt22. Got it for Christmas when i was 8 or 9, after years of having an old daisy lever action bb gun.

>you'll shoot your eye out kid
>>
File: Skagway2.jpg (99KB, 603x442px) Image search: [Google]
Skagway2.jpg
99KB, 603x442px
For me it was a nugget at fourteen. Lost my gat virginity to a Ruger mk3 22 though, and my rifle virginity to a mini 14. These coming a year or two prior.
>Not starting earlier
That's when my family got into it.
>>
>>31102344
my son started out with one of my airsoft guns (i am really into airshit-ipsc).
>>
>>31106185
Same. Still have it. Used to pretend I was shooting Zulu warriors with a martini-Henry
>>
>>31106356
Haha I did that for a while. Then I got bored and shot different insects out of the air. Wasps were some of my favorite because they move slow but have a weird target shape.
>>31106285
When I was 15, my dad gave me an old Marlin that's out of production now (don't remember the model). He told me if I could clean it and get it working again, it was mine. That's still one of the most accurate guns I own.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.