[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good is the Indian military generally, could they stand up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: navy-fleet-759.jpg (59KB, 759x422px) Image search: [Google]
navy-fleet-759.jpg
59KB, 759x422px
How good is the Indian military generally, could they stand up to the chinks if they wanted to?
>>
poo
>>
>>31097119
>designated shitting vessel
>>
India loses every border conflict they have had with the Chinks.

If they got into a shooting war with Pakistan, that didn't go nuclear. They only have about 10 days of ammo on hand.

They don't have a standardized service rifle or caliber. So expect logistical fuckery to hamper them even more.
>>
>>31097119
The absolutely could not. But their military is semi respectable, and if the time ever came where China decided to push their shit in; or much more realistically, they get tired of China's shit and attack. It'll be a shit show and every neighboring country will be involved, as will most super powers.
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
We have a Lt. Commander in the Indian Navy on here.

Call to summon him.

>Could they stand up to the Chinks?

Possibly. They have the manpower but lack significant advanced industry. They do however have generally superior or similar technology to China with, probably, a larger manufacturing base for more advanced logistical support.

What's the term for a national shill from India anyways? A Raj?
>>
>>31097119
I met an Indian guy in the bus who swore that Indian electronics and weapons are the best per dollar in the world.

He also was convinced that the Indians could easily defeat China.
>>
>>31097158

>What's the term for a national shill from India anyways? A Raj?

I would call them turdpolishers.
>>
I don't think China is strong enough to outright crush them. China is certainly stronger on paper right now, but if India went all in, the war would be a long and bloody one.
>>
>>31097141
That was after WWII where China was more experienced in mountain warfare ( the border conflict was the Himalayas). Today, the Indian navy and airforce is one of the largest in the region. India has more carrier experience and modern western and russian fighters. However neither India nor China will engage in a large scale land war when nukes are in play. We might see naval action but India has the advantage of home ground in the Indian ocean to interdict Chinese shipping to and from Europe and middle east.
>>
Somehow they've still managed to spank Pakistan silly in every major conflict. Read about The War of 1978, well as if beating Arabs meant anything but still.
>>
>>31097175
>>31097158
Curry poster
>>
Indians have the best call center agents. They can give real time support to soldiers in the field.
>>
>>31097208
China has naval bases in Pakistan and Burma.

China can resupply by air and land to those navy bases.
>>
>>31097230
Yeah, but it is like winning the special olympics.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_Naval_accidents
>>
>>31097258
>A radio crackles to life far to the rear of the fighting.
>"Hello?"
>"INSAS support, how may I help you?"
>"I keep getting hit in the face with hot gases when I fire my INSAS, and the magazine won't stay in!"
>"Have you tried taking it out and plugging it back in?"
>"Doing wh-"
>explosion noise
>static
>"Thank you for calling INSAS support."
>>
>>31097119
Pajeet, my soon...

Also:
They have designated Shitting Barrack?
>>
>>31097119
China vs. India would be like watching the two most retarded inept kids in high school get into a fight. Lots of fun until the teachers break it up.
>>
>>31097119
They could, they would just be obliterated instantly.
>>
>>31097419
>Shitting Corridor
>>
File: Tianamen Square 1989.jpg (208KB, 990x654px) Image search: [Google]
Tianamen Square 1989.jpg
208KB, 990x654px
>>31097527

So how long do you have to be a member of the Chinese Communist party before they let you access the unfiltered internet?

China is a paper tiger, their military has no combat experience (even the Indians have some experience fighting the Pakis) and their capacity for force projection beyond their borders isn't much better than India.

Neither India or China has the ability to conquer the other (and they certainly don't have the capacity to subjugate such large populations even if they did). In a conflict both sides would trade shots and I really don't think either side would get the better of it before they realized how futile it was.
>>
They are hamstrung by what is either fraud, or incompetence in procurement. Here is one example where they tried to buy jeeps, and ended up with golf carts.

http://www.upi.com/India-tightens-controls-on-arms-buys/97101248797263/
>>
>>31097848
China and india both use hordes of unwashed, idiotic filth.
The difference is that the Chinks issue functional rifles which are occasionally cleaned, and have tanks and aircraft that still function.
The Indians have rifles which are actively dangerous to their conscripts at the best of times, and the creation of said rifle is still hailed as one of the great acheivments of the Indian military to this day, and that is honestly about the best that I can say for their apparent military strength.
>>
File: mistral.png (179KB, 750x1830px) Image search: [Google]
mistral.png
179KB, 750x1830px
Oops, I should also add that their neighbors hate them, and any large scale war with China would also be a conflict with Pakistan.
>>
File: Second_Sino_Indo_Border_Conflict.png (334KB, 582x1258px) Image search: [Google]
Second_Sino_Indo_Border_Conflict.png
334KB, 582x1258px
>>31097119
India decisively won the last border conflict against China, which China has done their absolute best to hide and forget. It is not mentioned at all in their textbooks, similar to Tienanmen Square protests.

After that moment China realized they would not be able to win against India along the border, and would have a better chance at arming Pakistan to poke India.

China has nothing to gain and everything to lose against a border war with India. That is why they chose to expand into the SCS instead to bully the smaller Southeast Asian nations.

Also, none of China's supposed technology has ever been proven. They only export unlicensed ripoffs that don't perform as well as the originals. It is all just propaganda with no substance. India at least gets tried and true systems from Russia, France, Israel, and soon to be US.
>>
>>31097174
>swore that Indian electronics and weapons are the best per dollar in the world
That's probably not wong...
They tend to make things cheap and to minimum standards.
>>
>>31097924
They should just use captured AKs and Lee Enfields
>>
>>31097119
>SS Diarrhea
>>
>>31097230
Only because the Sikhs are right on the border in Punjab they live to kill Muslims.
>>
>>31098108
I'd say on an individual level china's better than your average indian, but india has an upper crust that's better than any chinese.

So I expect india to make better geopolitical, strategic, and tactical decisions, but china to better perform in the actual fighting, with much better logistics and coordination in particular.
>>
>>31097158
Designated shit posters
Also china's manufacturing is 50 times that of india
>>
What the hell is this? Parjeet designated posting hour?
Fuck no, curry niggers would get the assholes stomped into the ground by the chinks, again
>>
>>31097119
Nope
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.