[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I don't ever come to this board but I'm looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (125KB, 750x1152px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 750x1152px
Hey /k/ I don't ever come to this board but I'm looking to buy a quality respirator on par with those offered at Avon. I'm pretty certain I can't buy directly from them because I'm not buying for a military or police force. Can anyone help me out in finding a good mask for a relatively cheap price? (<$300)
>>
>>31095556
Go to granger.

You can buy what ever you want.
>>
>>31095556

Just buy commercial grade so you don't die from riot agents, smoke, dust and fumes, anything that's of military grade these days will kill you or leave you wanting to suckstart an 870 since it can absorb thru skin.
>>
https://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/AVON-PROTECTION-SYSTEMS-Full-Face-Respirator-WP6338206/_/N-jdh/Ntt-full+face+respirators?EndecaKeyword=full+face+respirators&NLSCM=5&searchRedirect=full+face+respirators&sst=All&fromPidp=true&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/48PC99_AS01?$smthumb$webparentimage$
>>
>>31095901

>$2,200 for a respirator

Christ on toast, are these things made out of fucking platinum?
>>
>>31095923
Mostly rubber and plastic.
>>
>>31095923
>(<$300)
Okay here's a >$2,000
>>
>>31095856
so you mean like one of those 3m half-face respirators?
>>
>>31095556
you can buy avons on ebay m night famalam
>>
>>31096185
half face is fucking useless against stuff like CS so i'd go full face
>>
>>31096211
Noted;

However, do those generic masks protect against CS? Or would one have to douse the filters in Vinegar?
>>
>>31095901
>$2,200
Does it self decontaminate? Or is it charging out the ass because dem gov moneys?
>>
>>31096228
>generic
>3M
I'm pretty sure 3M is industry standard, no?
>>
>>31096228
A mask doesn't protect against anything - the filter does.
Buy filters according to what you need to protect yourself from.
>>
>>31095556
http://www.uline.com/BL_992/3M-Full-Face-Respirators
3M 7000 series here listed at $420 claims biohazard protection, OP
>>
>>31095923
It's Grainger, everything is fucking bonkers.
>>
>>31096270
>biohazard
Ok, so whats the set up for home decontamination? Because it'd be major pointless to be protected with mask and everything, only to bring the contamination home with you
>>
>>31096334
get water and soap shower, use diluted drain cleaner to wash off rubber material/ outer wear
>>
>>31096398
Is UV light set up a meme or is it only plausible if you sink lots of $ into it?
>>
http://agttactical.com/C50-First-Responder-Kit-SALE-For-A-Limited-Time-70501.htm

You weren't looking hard enough.
>>
>>31095856
Waitwaitwait-- Explain this shit to me.
Why would these commercial shits be any better than any currently issued mil-surp mask, like a Ruskie gp-7 or whatever, with a good filter? Hell, using the same 3M filter on it?!
The only advances I've seen since maybe WWII, or at least the Cold War are:
Ballistic lenses (check)
Drinking tubes (check)
Speaking diaphragms to make communication clearer (check)
-- all of these you can get on a Yugo mil-surp for $20 on eBay now
And heat tolerance - which is the ONE that I can understand some price hikes for advanced materials, but are beyond the needs of most preppers.
The sad facts are that if there ever is a chem or radiological attack, by the time you know if u need it or not, you're either dead or you're not. The main thing that anyone would REALLY ever need are for smoke or fire, and for that, yes, you'd need a very expensive mask AND AN O2 TANK! The one thing any old mil-surp filter will work just the same on is smoke. Shit filters filter out smoke - but no filter will make you oxygen. You're still going to suffocate,
This is why every professional I've ever asked or heard talk about them is quick to talk shit about owning a mask outside a battlefield.
OP: buy a recent mil-surp that you like and put a 3M filter appropriate for your application on it.
Anybody else: I ain't trying to talk shit. If there's something I'm missing about these $4K masks, please educate me.
...I think it's just gubment contract payola.
>>
>>31095556
Buy surplus soviet shit.
Same function, much cheaper. Unless your working with weaponised viruses or some shit, milsurp should be good enough as long as the mask doesn't leak and you get unopened filters.
>>
>>31096270
Kek.
I only paid $135 for my 7k series.
>Too bad they're sold out

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-issue-3m-full-face-respirator-series-7000-new?a=2049496
>>
>>31097534
$4k is "it's out of stock but we don't want to look like we don't have stock so let's price hike so nobody with a brain cell will buy it and if some chump does we can just order one from the competitor and fucking profit"

A top tier promask like the Avon is $500-$600 tops. See >>31096671

And one that's good enough for general purpose is around $180.

https://www.gtdist.com/products/tactical-equipment/survivair-tactical-apr-gas-mask.html

Surplus could have cracks or leaks in the rubber seal that aren't apparent unless intensively tested.
>>
>>31095556
Get a commercially produced mask from 3M or Granger or some shit. Surplus ones are either obsolete or less than functional and getting filters that are still good may not always be possible.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.