[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /k/ feel about those high school drill teams and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

How does /k/ feel about those high school drill teams and those JROTC stuff
>>
>>31095543
Funny as fuck when those retards go to BCT and think they know everything.
>>
>>31095565
any more because my friend wants to try it out and I told her it's just a bunch of larping faggots who wanna be seem cool cuz DER IN DA SCHOOL MUHWEENS
>>
>>31095543
when I was in high school we frequently laughed at them. Not because of "hurr militury" but because for some unforseen reason they were all overweight.
>>
It's common for them to be used as shades of Vietnam draft-or-jail. Troublemakers get a choice between JROTC or alt school or expulsion.
>>
>>31095543
I genuinely liked the program. I learned some damn useful stuff and stuff that the guidance department was total shit at explaining. We weren't all "hurr military" and they actually taught us what college application, financial planning, and general goal setting. Along with me learning to handle people appointed below me.

>I cried a little seeing that we had four M1 Garands with the barrels filled and welded
>>
>>31095543

Its a good tool for teenagers interested in joining or learning about the military. It's one of the few places in public school where they can teach American history without a liberal slant and the only place in public school where interested students can learn military science. The start at E3 upon entry in to the armed forces is a good incentive. It's also free so it benefits children from poor income families. Some JROTC alumni get a big head when entering the armed forces but it prepares their peers for when they take in a 2nd Lieutenant from one of the academies.
>>
>>31095810
Jeez at least you had legit rifles, the police academy program in our school had these shitty prop Springfields painted white because "Muh LAUSD gun free zones"
>>
>>31095543
It was tryhard except for the chill dudes in cool teams like Fitness or Marksmanship. Because the fitness guys were sometimes in the football or other athletic teams and marksmanship would occasionally have field trips to desert ranges and shoot real guns.

Fucking around with demilled garands and those blunt calvary swords during lunch was fun too, and no leftist teachers on campus gave a fuck.
>>
>>31095833
>not Orange County master race.
Lol plebs.
>>
>>31095543
I participated in jrotc for 4 years. I enjoyed it but I'm pretty sure my schools program wasn't like most others. It was pretty chill and only a couple kids took it too seriously. We had an air rifle team and drill team (everyone learned and practiced drill, the team were the ones going to competition and after school practice.) It also offered FAA ground school courses. Winter survival course which had 2 nights out in 0 degree weather. The basic curriculum was half leadership and half history, aeronautics, avation type stuff. There was a annual military ball with all the other programs in the area as well as important people from the local army/air force base.

40% normal kids.
20% jocks
25% nerds, dweebs, and other bulliables
15% fatties

Senior year I had it twice a day. Morning class was my class of freshman and paperwork/supply type stuff. Noon class was the junior/senior leadership class. Where the student "brass" would do stuff.

PT for and hour and a half each week. (I know lol) and uniform inspections/drill each monday. We usually weren't bored and by your 3rd year instructors usually let alot of things slide unless they know your aiming for the service in which case they would help you prepare better.

I'd say about 75% of kids that stayed in for 3-4 years ended up serving but probably only half of freshman went on to a 2nd year.

>tldr my jrotc was pretty chill, offered lots of cool extras and didn't take itself too seriously.

Also how I started my gear queering with some old donated alice gear.
>>
I was in a smallish CAP squadron (lol), not JROTC, but there are some similarities. I liked it a lot as a kid. I was a scrub as a cadet but I got a lot out of it in terms of getting exposed to how chain of command works, that stuff. A big FDNY, EMS and Air Force influence due to the parents.

Every single cadet officer from my time there went military or professional firefighter. I was one of the squadron's two flight sergeants before leaving (I was a total dipshit) - I didn't enlist but I work for a firearms manufacturer now and started out with a defense contractor.

Huge slant toward those kinds of jobs. I am really glad I did it.

My squadron also had Cadet of the Year while I was there (she was a legitimate badass), so maybe we had above-average influences.
>>
>>31095810

The CMP sells them that way. Weapons that don't pass QC standards are converted to drill rifles.
>>
Would /k/ recommend I encourage my kid to sign up for our local AFJROTC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncSEm8bJbY4
>>
>>31097015
>bulliables.

HAH stealing that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.