[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So real quick I'm a college student (Senior) I live in an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: storage-lockers.jpg (37KB, 510x420px) Image search: [Google]
storage-lockers.jpg
37KB, 510x420px
So real quick
I'm a college student (Senior)
I live in an apartment and can't have guns
The state I'm in is gun friendly
The state I'm from (MA) is garbage

The plan
>Acquire state ID
>Purchase Safe/Dehumidifier
>Rent indoor storage unit in friendly state
>Buy funs before ultimate election inflation
>Store firearms until graduation at great cost making sure not to miss payments
>Change residence after graduation and recover funs/safe when I can move into a single family

Is this a decent plan?
Am I missing something?

Buying and owning firearms is much harder than I thought
>>
>>31092632
What law says you cant own a firearm in your apartment?
>>
>>31092632
Why can't you have guns in your own apartment
>>
>>31092658
>>31092660
It's probably in his lease contract.

This is a dumb and overly costly idea. Just find a place that allows you to have firearms in your apartment.

Or just get a safe and store them in there anyways. You don't have to tell them whats in it.
>>
>>31092658
>>31092660

The verbage in the lease prevents the ownership or firearms, ammunition, firearms components by name in the "handbook" which is alluded to as enforceable as grounds for eviction in the lease but provided while moving in (sneaky)

>>31092675
I'm considering just buying a safe, I'm just weighing my options

I'm locked into the lease and I'd rather not risk eviction.
>>
Well if you still have a residence in Massachusetts then you'll have to prove you live in the state that you currently are in.

I had to get one because my address was different on my license. I think it's called a residency affidavit which you can get from the local town hall with a notary of the public. You'll need a piece of mail or your rental agreement
>>
Residency affidavit Should be cheaper than a license anyway, unless you're in NH then get a drives license there
>>
>>31092724
I have my bank statements sent here, and I have utility bills and my lease agreement as proof of res.

>>31092746
I'm in DE, but I'll look into that affidavit, that seems legitimate
>>
>>31092684
I'm pretty sure if you get evicted you don't still have to pay rent. Maybe one more month or something. I'm pretty sure in some states they can't even actually enforce that when it's in your lease.
>>
>>31092684
Ok so they have a paper saying they could evict you? That would likely never hold up in court.

Buy guns and simply don't go and tell the property owners.
>>
>>31092765
If you violate your lease, and they find out, they will evict you and you have 30 days to leave.

You can either try to fight it in the courts, and spend thousands. Or you can just find a new place to live.
>>
>Live in apartment
>Can't have guns

Can someone explain this meme to me? I live in an apartment and can have guns. It says nothing against it in my lease and I live in a anti gun state
>>
Seriously? Just hide the fucking gun(s) in the apartment. I've done it for years and the landlords have never been the wiser. Don't give 'em a reason to search your place and you're in the clear.
>>
>>31092632
Do you go to UNH?
>>
>>31092776
So this is getting technical, but if you have a locked container, can they force you to open said container or bring in police/locksmiths to break into it under suspicion of violating lease terms?

>>31092777
It seems like an insurance catch all to reduce their liability in the case of an ND or other accident
>>
>>31092792
This
>>
I was in that same situation. I put my firearms in storage and they got stolen. Someone took the unit door off its hinges and stole em. Pretty sure it was the owner of the place. I vowed revenge but got busy and eventually moved to AZ where I started my fun collection over
>>
>>31092632
Your shit will get stolen. You may be able to get lucky for a few months, but not for the duration of college.
Get a place off campus that lets you have guns.
I wouldnt suggest keepijg guns on campus since thats a serious criminal offense and you couod lose your rights, but if eviction is the onlynpenalty, just get an instrument case and make sure everything is stashed. Insist on 24 hour notices before entry and such.
>>
>>31093309
I'm living off campus in an apartment
It's their terms that say I can't keep firearms here
It's not affiliated with my university
>>
>>31092632
If you live in an apartment, you can have guns. If you are afraid of roommates, neighbors or landlord seeing them, just keep them in guitar cases and backbacks, etc … never in a dedicated gun case.

Grow some balls.
>>
>>31092632
Landlord can NEVER go through your stuff and have to give 24 hour notice to enter your apartment unless it is an emergency (fire, water leak, etc…). If the landlord went to the police and said I think he has a gun but it's against his rental agreement, the cops would probably shit themselves laughing.

Grow some fucking balls, OP. If your landlord enters your apartment and goes through your stuff, you can sue the ever loving shit out of him.
>>
>>31092675
A lease can not restrict firearms ownership or the expression of any other right
>>
>>31093320
Keep the guns in your apartment. Put them in a locked container. Apartment owner has the right to search the apartment, but not your belongings.

Leave no fucking evidence that you own a gun.
>>
>>31095931
This. Your land lord can cry all he wants but he is not a state or federal politician writing laws. He has no legal right to claim you can't own firearms.
Grow some balls and keep them locked up at home. If landlord goes through your shit and threatens to evict just tell him you will be taking it up in court and counter during for going through your property without your expressed permission, violation of your constitutional (both federal and state) rights, and can even go so far as to claim filing a police report for harassment and theft of property of anything turns up missing.
No matter how much of a cunt he is, he should recognize that he would lose in court and would then just ask you to leave at the end of your lease.
>>
>>31093380
this

keep a shotgun in your closet if off campus, judged by 12 etc
>>
in general, paying for storage space sucks ass. sometimes theres no way around it but it still sucks
>>
Nigga let me tell you something. Back about two years ago I lived in university affiliated off campus housing. I had an ar and two handguns. I broke the ar down and kept it in a duffel bag with the handguns. I didn't tell any of my other three roommates about them until I knew I could trust select ones. Point is, keep them in containers and don't leeave them out, don't tell anyone about them and don't get caught transporting them from your car ( soft guitar bags work great). They can't go through your containers so just keep them sealed and secret. It stops being a big deal after a month or two.
>>
>>31092632

Just buy the guns and keep them in your apartment. People do it all the time with animals, and those are loud and smell, and people can keep them on the DL.

Just keep the weapons in your apartment and just be really low key about them. You'd just be breaking your faggy lease agreement, not any actual law. Renting a storage unit just for those purposes is next tier retarded.
>>
>>31093309
depends on the state if guns on campus is a criminal offense or not, the most they can do if it is not prohibited by law is expel you.
>>
>>31092632
It's not a bad plan. If you're off-campus, you can own guns. Even if the lease forbids it, it's a paper tiger. They can't legally search your apartment or give consent for a search by LEOs. So if you keep it out of plain sight and out of the utility closet, then they'll never legally find it and the paper tiger stays in the bag. It's not like you'll get mail that says "thanks for buying a gun". Well, not unless you sign up for the NRA.

Otherwise, yeah, establish residency in your current state and buy everything you'd like to have. If you're starting from scratch, then start with the scariest things--AR's and handguns. If you move back to MA, you have a choice between selling them or keeping quiet about having them. Personally, I lived in Florida about 2 years before becoming interested in guns. I wish I would have thought "I can establish residency here and buy a couple handguns". Instead, my current state has draconian rules about exercising my 2A rights.
>>
>>31092777
Same here, & I have guns & rent an apartment in Los Angeles.
>>
>>31096487
this

and you could also get one of the smaller fire safes, if anyone asks just tell them that it was cheaper for the same fire rating as another document safe that you wanted. This literally happened to a friend. They wanted a document safe that was fire proof, the gun safe was the same price and had more room and a better fire rating. It ended up being even cheaper because apparently in my state gun safes are tax exempt. It also isnt like your landlord is going to waltz in and see the safe plus even if they do you can BS about it or just tell them to fuck off because it is not their buisness
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.