[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, I need your help famalams. I have about ~$1500 to spend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

/k/, I need your help famalams.

I have about ~$1500 to spend and I want one of each of these platforms. AK and AR pl

My requirements:
- durability
- maintaining accuracy
- easy to find parts

I basically want an AR for accuracy and some longer-than-ak practice/hunting and for the AK something that will be my lifesaver and for general practice. My research has lead me to brands such as Radical and Palmetto, however I understand the issue with prebuilds. Furniture and tactical stuff isn't important to me, just reliability and as much quality for the price as possible. I want an AR so that I can always draw from the over-production of components, the exact same reason I also want an AK.

I am quite comfortable with assembling weapons, but I am ignorant for good kits. I want to buy some weapons this week and I want long term reliability to be the focus. All advice is appreciated.
>>
WASR and a PSA build AR.
Then a half dozen mags and 500 rounds for each.
>>
>>31092591
I'm a Russiaboo and have way more invested in AK rifles than my line AR. $1500 will go so much further on an AR in this market.
>>
>>31092591
>My requirements:
- durability
- maintaining accuracy
- easy to find parts
>I basically want an AR for accuracy and some longer-than-ak practice/hunting and for the AK something that will be my lifesaver and for general practice.
You can do either of those with both rifles however an AR will be much cheaper and logistically easier over all and they are just as reliable. I prefer AKs but currently it is much more efficient to get an AR; if you don't have a preference in "platform", just get an AR.
>>
>>31092591
Get the AK. I can already see you shitting up AR threads with your basic bitch exposed ass gas block, non free floated handguard AR. I don't think you know enough about rifles yet.

> just reliability and as much quality for the price as possible.

Quality for the price. That's very subjective. You might be fine with the plastic CAR handguards. The regular CAR stocks aren't that bad, but upgraded stocks are a lot better.
>>
>>31092591
>durability
>maintaining accuracy
>easy to find parts
guns do not wear out like in video games.
>>
>>31092889
Not true. Fair, a screw isn't going to suddenly strip itself, and your grips ain't just explode, but guns need to be maintained like any other machine.
>>
File: 1467345346083.jpg (34KB, 385x368px) Image search: [Google]
1467345346083.jpg
34KB, 385x368px
>>31092889
>guns do not wear out
>>
don't get an AK.

A properly built modern AR is *more* reliable, on top of being lighter, more accurate, better accessories, etc.
>>
>>31092970
What brand or kits do you recommend?

I'm not picky at all with tacticool stuff/wood/whatever.

One thing I forgot to mention part of the reason I want AR and AK is because I want not only the platforms but access to both types of ammunition as they are both common.

I know that 7.62 AR-type weapons are trending but I'm not sure how much of that is just meme for the platform itself or some overlap with AK platform.

Point being, I like both AK and AR, I have no preference and treat them as apples and oranges. I am just ignorant with the market heroes and failures today.

That said, I would appreciate any advice and testimony with regard to ARs
>>31092661

This guy gets it. Why PSA? also, are their Freedom line barrels reliable? I've heard that when you get a dud it takes them months to fix their error.

I've been in the supporting the 2nd Amendment game for a while but am just now moving on from the whole shotgun/hunting rifle thing. For the record I'm after hog.
>>
>>31092889
After enough recoil a poorly made weapon will suffer damages, and a very bad one will no longer function.

I don't want something that I have to constantly maintain, although I will purchase (not part of the $1500) plenty of spare parts for either/both weapons.
>>
PSA complete lower and bcm complete upper and 2000 rounds for around that and would be set for a while
>>
Ive got an early SAR 1 cugir ak for sale if youre interested. I need to pay of a ticket, so im willing to sell it for less than I wanted to
>>
>>31093233
>SAR 1 cugir ak
I'm interested.

Here's a temp email, just send ur Steam or something. [email protected]
>>
>>31093264
I emailed you
>>
>>31093294
Replied, title involves clips.
>>
>>31093336
I didnt get it, try sending again?
>>
>>31093367
>I didnt get it, try sending again?
I sent with a gmail this time, my
>private email server
wasn't working.
>>
>>31093399
Replied
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.