[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ has there ever been,in history, instances of "Elite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

File: Engineers.png (150KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
Engineers.png
150KB, 441x248px
/k/
has there ever been,in history, instances of "Elite terrorism"?

i'm not talking about 9/11 tier attacks

i'm talking about shit like terrorists owning or producing Nukes,Nerve gas,other WMDs or dirty bombs,or having terrorists trained enough to take out special forces.. etc etc
>>
>>31092292
If it counts, a Japanese terrorist group made their own sarin and used them in subways. They kind of did a shitty job at it.

It's the reason why if you go to Japan, you will rarely see trash cans around
>>
USA in Costa Rica, if I recall.
>>
The only thing that comes to mind is that asian cult who made a fuck tonne of some lethal gas, but they fucked up the deployment of it so they only managed to kill a handful of people.

There's probably a few more cases, but this is the only one I know of.
>>
>>31092307
They also had a Hind and a bunch of other military equipment
>>
Not on the scale of nukes, but the IRA was pretty decent at car bombs, pipe bombs, etc and was fairly effective from what I know.
>>
File: 1429599690321.jpg (147KB, 1078x1338px)
1429599690321.jpg
147KB, 1078x1338px
>>31092292
The Continental Army
>>
>>31092336
come on mate that's just basic guerrilla shit, even sandnigger hezbollah did better than (they managed to get their own rockets
>>
>>31092315
elaborate?
>>
>>31092307
aum shinrikyo. it is also suspected in some more paranoid circles that they tested a nuclear device in the australian desert.
>>
No not unless you count the state of israel.
>>
>>31092292
Everyone's said it before, but Aum Shinrikyo, when those based nips pulled off multiple sarin attacks.
>>
so the only elite terrorists are paranoid cultist gooks? i'm pretty disappointed desu
>>
File: 1471137345182.jpg (62KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
1471137345182.jpg
62KB, 600x661px
>>31092503

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aum_Shinrikyo

>"They also attempted to manufacture 1,000 automatic rifles but only managed to make one."

Well then.
>>
The black hand is the only thing I can think of.

It should be said though, Al Qaeda and 9/11 is shaping the whole of the 21st century.
>>
>>31092390
They were good at fighting is what he meant, as opposed to normal, ill trained guerilla forces. Kind of like Chechen jihaddiis in Afghanistan, they were a cut above the regular Taliban forces, in personal equipment, tactics, and individual discipline.

Easy to spot in a crowd though, they stood about a foot higher than everyone else and were, for all intents and purposes, white.
>>
>>31092292
The Beslan school siege comes to mind.
>>
>>31092292
9/11 was a pretty successful strike though. It was stolen off of the Tamil Tiger's revival of suicide civilian aircraft and those terrorists had their own state.

If only we just went in to pakistan after osama ran....this kind of terror attack would be limited and we probably wouldn't have like 10 mid east wars right now.
>>
>>31093665
You have a good point but it's hard to invade a country that has nukes. Not to mention they are sympathetic to the Taliban.
>>
>>31092347
They weren't elite at all, they were pretty much ye olde Taliban tier. Every engagement (save the last when the French Navy came) was a tactical loss or draw at best for the rebels, they just had great leadership and intelligence to achieve a strategic victory
>>
>>31093696
t. Butthurt Bong
>>
>>31092390
The IRA are legendary. They fought for 800 years against a major western power. They did it in a very small geographical area. The rockets were not effective because of the topography but they did manage homemade recoil less launchers.
>>
>>31092292

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karbala_provincial_headquarters_raid

>The attack was perpetrated by "nine to 12 militants posing as an American security team ... [who] traveled in black GMC Suburban vehicles — the type used by U.S. government convoys — had American weapons, wore new U.S. military combat fatigues, and spoke English. This was denied by the surviving soldiers. According to one Iraqi official, the militant team was led by a blond-haired man. The attack occurred as the U.S. military continued preparations to leave. About 30 U.S. troops were inside the compound at the time.

>After being waved through the last of three checkpoints manned by Iraqi security forces at around 17:45, the militants parked their (at least) five SUVs[9] near the city's Provisional Joint Coordination Center (PJCC) main building.[4] The attackers' convoy divided upon arrival, with some vehicles parking at the back of the main building others parking in front. The commandos first used homemade explosive to burn the two Security Vehicles outside. Then they entered the building using fragmentation grenades in an attempt to isolate the two officers. They then stormed into a room the Americans used as a barracks room, attacking with grenades and small arms fire. Once the Soldiers in the room were isolated they proceeded to capture two U.S. soldiers, 1LT Jacob Noel Fritz and CPT Brian Scott Freeman.[10] They pulled two more soldiers, PFC Shawn Patrick Falter and SPC Jonathan Bryan Chism out of an armored humvee at the entrance. One soldier, PVT Jonathon Miles Millican died and three were wounded when a grenade thrown by insurgents exploded in the barracks room on the first floor of the building. Three U.S. humvees were damaged by separate explosions in the raid.[9] No Iraqi police or soldiers were injured in the raid, as the insurgents specifically targeted the American soldiers in the compound.[10]

tl;dr 2spooky elite insurgents catch HQ by surprise, possibly Iranians
>>
>>31093715
Not really
you have to understand none of the Continental Army's general's wanted to "win" most of their battles. a draw or tactical loss was the desired outcome, because they knew they were against some of, if not the best troops in the world. The goal was to bleed the Brits dry and eventually force them into putting their backs against the wall, which they did at Yorktown.
>>
>>31093914
So they were basically the Viet Cong
>>
>>31093696
Doesnt superior leadership and intelligence make a fighting force elite?
>>
>>31093886
>insurgents
>implying not Quds Force
>>
>>31094010
Not really, the Continental troops were still pretty much farmer militiamen, even after we had a gay Pollack come train them. The leadership was just more willing to play the long game than the British, who were seeking a quick end to the rebellion.
It'd be like saying Al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan were elite because the leaders were aware they just had to make the occupation politically unfeasible, and fed retard Muslims into the shredder occasionally while keeping anyone valuable hidden in the mountains
>>
>>31092307
>>31092503
>>31092568
>>31093360
SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA SHO-KO ASA-HARA *chants endlessly*
>>
i like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfFRVy0KD3E

some real frogman shit.
absolute suicide mission though.
>>
>>31094063
>not reading the last part of the post
>>
File: is this nigger srs.jpg (40KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
is this nigger srs.jpg
40KB, 533x800px
>>31094071
>Greatest minds of the 18th century fighting for a revolutionary and unheard of idea of self-governance and God-given rights
>on par with a bunch of mudhut goatfuckers who diddle little boy-children in their spare time.
Is this some sort of disinfo doublethink antipropaganda propaganda?

The US Continental Army had only two major fuckups, one - where Washington decided to saturate an islandfort and its nearby shore with men, leading to a fuckload being captured, and another I can't remember off the top of my head.

Both were learnt from and remembered by a non-veteran general to all future tactics and those mistakes applied to the upcoming battles.

Fuck outta heeeea with your fucktarded ass way of thinking.

>Hurr durr, brown grease looks like maple surup
>So I put it on my pancakes from IHOP
>>
>>31094173
that was actually kind of impressive.
wonder what it was they stuck on the tank?
c4?
shame it had no effect.
kekked at the screaming tank crew.
>>
File: 1466965748950.jpg (530KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1466965748950.jpg
530KB, 1920x1200px
>>31094199
>one guerilla victory is magically better than another because their ideology is better
doesn't matter if you have sympathy for the goatfuckers or not, they achieved a strategic victory over the most powerful military the world has ever seen, despite not winning a single battle.
Seem familiar?
>>
>>31092307
>It's the reason why if you go to Japan, you will rarely see trash cans around

This. Coffee dispensers everywhere, but nowhere to put the empty cans.
>>
Some Chechens c. First Chechen War were combat experienced, battle hardened veterans of the Soviet War in Afghanistan with full on airborne and reconnaissance training
A "Battalion" (probably closer to an over strength company or two) actually outmaneuvered and outdid a Russian VDV unit quite handily near Argun, but were obliterated by artillery.
>>
>>31093886
holy shit, sounds like something to come straight out of a movie, 2spoopy antagonists
>>
>>31094224
Wait a minute, are you forgetting the American puppet government we installed?

Because that's not quite the same as the British defeat.
>>
>>31093687
Yeah but at the end of the day we DID do that to capture osama. Conspiracy theories nonwithstanding.

So I'm saying if we only bit the bullet and tresspassed a little bit, we could have saved a lot of effort and probably saved the entire middle east from a whole buncha shit.
>>
>>31094224
The real reason for the war was not for true occupation, it was for disrupting their poppy-trade and watching them scatter like roaches over the internet trying to liquidate and launder their assets under their fuckboat of umbrella faux-corporations, all while geo-caching all their rare-earth elements stored in the Ural Mountains.

>>2731932
>>2731932

Not to mention, they went in at the height of poppy-reaping season, so they could snatch up all that cultivated opium kilos for pharma's back stateside with their neverending "opiate shortage of the 2000's"
>>
>>31094354
>>31094224
lemme try that again.

>>>/hr/>>2731932
>>
>>31094362
>>>/hr/2731932
>>>>>2731932
>>>/hr/>2731932
>>>/hr/>>>2731932

>>>/hr/2731932

fuck 4chinz
>>
>>31094345
>end of the day we DID do that to capture osama
>capture osama
the only evidence of him 'dead' is a shooped pic. lulz
>>
>>31092412
The CIA is a terrorist organization.
>>
>>31094411
I thought that was the NSA and DHS?
>>
>>31094397
I said conspiracy theories non withstanding dude. So yeah whatever actually happened only the government boys know.

But I'm saying that their OFFICIAL story was that they tresspassed into Pakistan so why not just do that earlier OFFICIALLY.

So yeah just humor my CIA, illuminati, zionist shilling ass for a bit.
>>
>>31094354
>it was for disrupting their poppy-trade
The Taliban is against the poppy trade, as it's "un-Islamic". Poppy trade exploded under US occupation
>>
>>31093608
I remember seeing that on the news. Looked terrifying
>>
>>31094431
>The Taliban is against the poppy trade, as it's "un-Islamic". Poppy trade exploded under US occupation
see
>>31094199
>Is this some sort of disinfo doublethink antipropaganda propaganda?
>>
>>31094462
http://reformdrugpolicy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/AfghanTalibanOpium.pdf
>In July 2000, Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar, collaborating with the United Nations to eradicate heroin production in Afghanistan, declared that growing poppies was un-Islamic, resulting in one of the world's most successful anti-drug campaigns. The Taliban enforced a ban on poppy farming via threats, forced eradication, and public punishment of transgressors. The result was a 99% reduction in the area of opium poppy farming in Taliban-controlled areas, roughly three quarters of the world's supply of heroin at the time.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack
>>
>>31094481
>THinking the underdog wouldn't comply with a bigger dog breathing down their neck.
Still doesn't change the fact they went about it like weed in colorado pre-invasion.

>Muhammid says 'drugs-r-bad,mmmkay', but since it is furthering alllaihs will of destroying non-believers and funding the terror-op, we are gonna turn a blind eye to it.
>>
>>31094539
>poppies are almost eradicated
>US comes in, tells soldiers to not burn fields because it's the farmer's livelihood and will lose hearts and minds
>meanwhile, CIA does spooky shit in Afghanistan like they've always done
>the same CIA that trafficked heroin from Vietnam and coke from South and Central America to fund their shit
>heroin epidemic in USA that emerges shortly after is 100% coincidence
>>
Has anybody mentioned Hezbollah? They transformed from a two-bit terrorist outfit to a full-blown conventional mini-army capable of taking on Israel. They're pretty much the elite as far as stateless organizations go.
>>
>>31094605
>capable of taking on Israel.
let's not get excited now
They're capable of taking on Israel in the sense that a training dummy can take on a boxer
>>
>>31094635
Being 3rd to Turkey and Israel in that region means you are still more powerful than the majority of actual states in the same.
>>
>>31094563
The US gets its dope from Mexico and Colombia though,
>>
Does Killdozer count?
>>
>>31094345
Besides the Osama part I agree, but I don't doubt that JSOC did/does actively operate in Pakistan.
>>
>>31094456
I was reading about it yesterday, it was about as awful as it gets. It's the reason Russia is all about removing kebabs now.
>>
>>31094679
We get our cocaine from there. Afghanistan makes a vast majority of our heroin.
>>
>>31094906
Then Moscow theater. It's like Russian history is one tragedy after another. Can't say I blame them for being so pissed and aggressive
>>
>>31093886
je-sus christ that's way 2spooky4me. Has there been any change in protocol now after this raid?
>>
>>31092307

>"The group attempted to manufacture 1000 automatic rifles, but only managed to make one"

GG guys, that dude who got arrested a while back with his home made guns made you look like shit.
>>
>>31093696
>Concord
>Ticonderoga
>Boston
>Trenton
>Princeton
>Saratoga
>Bennington (LOLMILITIA)
>Cowpens
>The Entire Western Front courtesy of Roger's Rangers

Fuck off, Britania. No waves here.
>>
There was the time /pol/ tried to storm an island.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Red_Dog

Not terrorism per-say but the Seychelles affair is pretty crazy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hoare#Seychelles_affair_and_subsequent_conviction
>>
>>31098453
Operation Red Dog feels like it was ripped from an episode of Black Lagoon
>>
File: 40mm is all the vision I need.jpg (248KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
40mm is all the vision I need.jpg
248KB, 900x675px
>>31092307
>shitty job

No.

Aum Shinrikyo was fucking terrifying. They were a 50000 member-strong cult with a billion dollar net worth, whose sole mission was to instigate a nuclear war. They had were popular among the elite of Japanese universities and had hundreds of some of the best scientists and engineers in Japan working for them.

They made dozens of people "disappear" to die mysteriously. They had stockpiles of AK74's and Hinds in a country where most police do not carry guns. They stockpiled enough Sarin to kill four million people, and had already successfully tested their own VX gas on humans and were ready for full production right before they were raided. They killed over 20 people in multiple gas attacks, and seriously and permanently injured over a 1000 people. Another more complicated gas attack, using Hydrogen Cyanide canisters, was only thwarted by train station staff that risked their lives to disarm it before the device detonated and potentially killed tens of thousands of people in one of the world's busiest transport hubs.

FFS they even had a uranium mining operation in the Australian outback, and had two ex-Soviet nuclear engineers working for them. There is actually some evidence that a large, unexplained seismic event near this site could have been the test of a low-yield nuclear warhead or dirty bomb.
>>
>>31093665
the wars in the middle east are happening because religious, ethnic, and tribal politics are ingrained in every facet of life over there. it may have happened later it may not but the killing over there was going to happen at some point. not everything is the united states fault.
>>
>>31099832
Holy fuck
>>
>>31094932
nooooooooooot fucking true anymore big boy. pre 2011 id tell you most was from se asia and afghanistan. mexico caught on to the opiate pill epidemic and started making heroin by the boat load and shoved it up the east coast
>>
>>31099832

They were pretty spoopy, but they only had one helicopter, the guy who was supposed to make 1000 rifles, only made 1 before he was arrested, Sarin is hardly an instant kill, so maybe they did have enough Sarin to kill 4 million, it is virtually impossible to deliver even the tiniest fraction of that. Moreover, the attempted cyanide attack was less "race against the clock" and more "what the fuck is this shit?" They found a canister that failed to detonate, and then failed several others that were defunct.

While there was a seismic event, after a thorough investigation, there was no evidence found of Uranium mining or a nuclear test.
>>
>>31099832
>>31100005
Now ftw, what is the truth?
>>
>>31100191
go read about it you lazy fuck
>>
>>31100191
Whatever implies the happening will come faster.

I think personally it is hilarious that a left wing buddhist yoga class could turn into one of the deadliest and scary international terrorist organizations in the world. Because it means that any of the billions of other organizations COMPLETELY unrelated to warfare at ALL could eventually become nongovernmental/nonstate actor military superpowers.

And that satisfies my micronation/outer haven fetish.
>>
>>31092292
>what is the government
>>
>>31093360
That picture...... unnerves me.
>>
File: scorpio.gif (90KB, 260x189px) Image search: [Google]
scorpio.gif
90KB, 260x189px
>>31099832
holy shit, they were actual baddies from a movie
>>
>>31092292
Well there is top down terrorism.
>>
File: 1462137758316.gif (981KB, 342x239px) Image search: [Google]
1462137758316.gif
981KB, 342x239px
>>31099832
>>
File: IMG_20160824_115512.jpg (87KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160824_115512.jpg
87KB, 480x480px
Fluorosilicic acid, sodium fluorosilicate, and sodium fluoride, white phosphorus, forced vaccination, Monsanto, take your pick.
>>
>>31092292
I dunno if you call it terrorism or what but this group did some amazing shit

also most narcos in mexico seem unbelivable i hear some even have air forces and other shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monster_with_21_Faces
>>
>>31101789
>things that are explicitly done to SOOTHE fears, not generate them
>"THE BIGGEST ELITE TERRORISM OF OUR TIME"

kill all americans
>>
File: SimonMannMOS_468x618[1].jpg (42KB, 468x618px) Image search: [Google]
SimonMannMOS_468x618[1].jpg
42KB, 468x618px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Equatorial_Guinea_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat_attempt

>On 7 March 2004 Zimbabwean police in Harare airport impounded a plane which flew in from South Africa.[4] The alleged plot leader, ex-Special Air Service (SAS) officer Simon Mann,[5] was arrested with two colleagues near the runway while waiting for arms to be loaded on a Boeing 727(N4610), carrying three crew and 64 former soldiers recruited in South Africa.[6] The majority of those alleged to have been the mercenaries planning to carry out the coup are based in South Africa and ex-members of the 32 Buffalo Battalion, a special force unit that fought for the South African apartheid regime.[7]

Not really terrorism. Just hollywood mercenary stuff.
These guys were working for Executive Outcomes, the famous south african mercenary outfit. Those are the same guys who had their own MI-24 and fleet of aircraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnOTkGAgRos
>>
File: 1385939726705.png (22KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1385939726705.png
22KB, 645x773px
>>31103814
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnOTkGAgRos

>you will never be door gunner on an illegal mercenary hind strafing random villages in central africa

why even live
>>
>>31093886
This is why you don't trust iraqi security forces, or ANA for that matter
>>
>>31103882
The frenchman was on vacation. There's no reason you can't pay a PMC corporation to let you shoot brown people from a helicopter.
>>
>>31093886
this is pretty much what the selous scouts did in rhodesia. pseudo-operations dressed like bush niggers.
>>
>>31099832
this, they detonated a nuke in the outback, but no one fucking knows about it
>>
>>31094260
Wtf are you on about, there is a recycling bin next to most vending machines.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.