[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about getting a holster for my Glock 17 for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (571KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
571KB, 1600x1600px
I'm thinking about getting a holster for my Glock 17 for when SHTF. Would a FLEX™ OWB be a good one to buy? Mind you, I'd only be using it in a doomsday type scenario, not EDC. Pic related.
>>
>getting a SHTF holster that isn't Safariland ALS

Correct yourself, son.
https://www.safariland.com/products/holsters-and-gear/holster-systems/7ts-holster-system/
>>
>>31089590
Thanks for the rec, but they don't seem to be concealable, which is what I'm mainly concerned about.
>>
File: 1428342255605.jpg (109KB, 1024x569px) Image search: [Google]
1428342255605.jpg
109KB, 1024x569px
>>31089635
>doomsday-type scenario
>wanting to CC but not with your usual CC holster
>>
>>31089650
I'd want to CC on my mid-back area, not on the hip or the front. The Safariland ALS ones you suggested me don't seem to offer that option. I'd rather not be conspicuous about having a good on my person during SHTF. Wat do?
>>
check out stealth gear holsters it's a bit pricey but we'll worth the investment
>>
>>31089658
>mid back area
>positioned to shatter your tailbone if you ever fall backwards when, say, getting hit by a car, tackled, or just plain losing your footing.
Small of back carry is a bad idea, and why police don't put anything on their duty belt in front of their small of back except a rubber glove pouch. Handcuffs are always shifted off to one side or another.

If concealment is key, then the lowest profile holster is almost no holster at all. Carrying to one side of your back is fine, 4 or 5 o clock. Anywhere inside your waistband really.

http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/vanguard-2-holster-basic-kit/
>>
>>31089682
Look at pic related, dumbass.
>>
File: image.png (905KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
905KB, 1136x640px
Crye gun clip
Will accommodate any future things with your glock, suppressor or light,
It's $50
And it's easily concealed under a jacket.
>>
>>31089519
The Onyx is the best IWB ever, IMO, and I've tried quite a few: kydex, leather, nylon, hybrids, etc. I want the (expensive as fuck) Flex, but for discrete OWB CC if you will.

For SHTF/Doomsday the Safariland ALS, as >>31089590 says is the best.

Wanting to conceal a pistol in SHTF is stupid. If someone wants to attack you they'll be more inclined to do so if they think you're unarmed. Plus if you're more concerned about concealing a pistol than carrying a rifle in that scenario you're also stupid.
>>
File: 20160201_133808-1.jpg (4MB, 2613x1913px) Image search: [Google]
20160201_133808-1.jpg
4MB, 2613x1913px
>>31092225
Second everything this anon has said.
>>
>>31092225
>Wanting to conceal a pistol in SHTF is stupid. If someone wants to attack you they'll be more inclined to do so if they think you're unarmed. Plus if you're more concerned about concealing a pistol than carrying a rifle in that scenario you're also stupid.

I thought it would be the other way around, in that people would try to be sneaky and take your gun from you. But I guess you're right. Should I go for an OWB holster or a shoulder one?
>>
>>31089658
>SHTF
>better put a hard metal object over my L5S1 vertebrae so when I slip it can all be ogre anyway
>>
>>31092349
OWB

Look at >>31092225 pic. It's an ALS 7TS (lighter, slimmer, more durable, slightly more expensive) holster, but it has the additional guard and is a stage three. That would be exceedingly difficult for someone to lift off you, and variations of it are very popular with police and military around the globe.

Shoulder holsters are slower to draw from, and fewer in selection. You're obviously worried about your gun getting jacked and think that'd be more secure, right? But snap button holster retention is very easy to bypass. If someone was within arms reach of you do you think they could reach out with their right hand and grab your gun quicker than you could reach across with your right hand to grab it?

The ALS is nice because from the front, they won't be getting it. From the rear, they'd have to practically be on top of you for their hand to be at a good enough angle to actuate the release to free the gun. On a stage three they'd have to kick down the hood first, then push the lever and draw the gun outward. Again, it's exceedingly difficult to do, if they can even reach the controls.

>tl;dr
Safariland ALS all the way. ALS 7TS is even better.
>>
Since no one replied to my thread, OP I'm gonna borrow yours.

>>31092225
>>31092423

I looked all over, but what do you guys suggest for a full size M&P 9mm equipped with a SureFire X300. I figure it would be OWB, but as far as I can see Onyx doesn't carry one for M&P 9mm and especially not for one outfitted with a light.
>>
>>31092780
Safariland, if you don't mind the bulk. Go to their site and use their "Holster Finder" I just looked it up and they have multiple holsters for what you need.

For Kydex, I would say Bravo Concealment. Pricier, but the quality is there.

Stealthgear USA Flex holsters they only make for a few guns, and I think the Glock 19 w/ Surefire XC-1 is the only light equipped holster they make.
>>
>>31092814
This is why I love /k/.

Awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks man
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.