[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any thoughts on the Urban Carry Holster? https://www.youtube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Urban-Carry-2.jpg (381KB, 1006x768px) Image search: [Google]
Urban-Carry-2.jpg
381KB, 1006x768px
Any thoughts on the Urban Carry Holster?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZTd0bh0Rr8

Not meant for the quickest draw, but more of a full concealment for people concerned about pressing.
>>
>>31089131
What does pressing mean?
>>
>>31089131
Did you mean "printing"?
>>
>>31089166
clothes showing the outline of a gun or giving away concealment
>>
I have a noob question.

Why does he pull his arms in like that after hes finished shooting? i see it alot.
>>
>>31089131
Two problems:
1) You still need to wear a belt.
2) It is still a visible "thing" on your belt when you have your shirt tucked in.

I'm still looking for a good way to completely hide the gun and the holster while wearing business attire, aside from body bands.
>>
>>31089210
idk prob some weird mannerism of his that he learned shooting
>>
>>31089239
If you tuck in your shirt your only option is a low profile shoulder holster or a pocket pistol
>>
>>31089210
Chris Costa Syndrome.
>>
>>31089239
>It is still a visible "thing" on your belt when you have your shirt tucked in.
true but it think i'd rather have this mini fannypack/coinwallet case looking thingy that can be covered by a simple t-shirt then needing to constantly wear a free-flowing button up
>>
>>31089210
Not sure exactly, probably just what he learned in training. I bet it's a good physcial movement to accommodate trigger discipline. When not shooting you pull the gun in and take your finger off the trigger. If the gun is close to you, you should have your finger off the trigger since you're not ready to shoot. Drilling which combines actions tends to stick better and make you a safer shooter.
>>
Which holster should i get for my G17?
>>
>>31089266
A Safariland duty holster or whatever your department requires.
>>
>>31089239
Pretty sure there are tuckable iwb options. Subcompact at 3-5 o'clock and at a cant can normally conceal real well, unless you're going to be wearing slim fit clothing.
>>
>>31089239
I can cc a glock 42 against my belly in a fitted suit.
Though that is more to do with have a fucked up barrel chest than anything else.
>>
>>31089166
>>31089206
actually i meant the gun pressing into your skin or waist as you bent over, but yeah that works too
>>
>>31089276
There are, but the holster clip is still visible.
>>
>>31089282
Then go for a holster that sits at 3-5 o'clock.
But you then run into the problem of the gun printing or revealing when you bend over.
>>
>>31089210
Central Axis Relock

It's an alternate approach to gunfighting, meant for close quarters instead of traditional shooting which has you extend your arms in enclosed spaces. Theres more to it, but that's the obvious benefit.

Nothing wrong with learning it.
>>
>>31089131
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ywu6rIXXy4

My concerns would be that if you needed it during a mugging you'd do what happens in that video. But under like an office setting for an active shooter unless you're super close to the shooting you'd have enough time to draw your gun just fine.
>>
File: 20151206_134857.jpg (524KB, 1753x987px) Image search: [Google]
20151206_134857.jpg
524KB, 1753x987px
Bought one since they claimed it could conceal an FNS no problem. My thoughts:

-Larger and doublestack guns are not comfortable to carry at all, the gun sits low as intended, and you can really feel it rubbing against your dong as you move around.

-Any gun with a normal sized grip will likely almost always catch on your belt as you try to draw it up, forcing you to use your thumb to push your belt away, which is tricky to learn to do fast

-It is pretty much impossible to draw while seated, so you're gonna need to stand or plank like a motherfucker to draw

-Since the holster is simply a leather pocket for your gun, there is nothing holding it in when you draw it up. if you don't grab your gun as it passes your belt, you're likely gonna send it flying a few feet in front of you.

-Larger guns and full sized guns will still print like fuck when you are seated, just print in a way that doesn't really sceam "gun", pic related.

All in all, I'm not a fan, although I don't have any pocket sized guns, so I can't really give you my impressions with how it works with those.
>>
any of you guys have an opinion on Cherries Medina?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqE37cQ_6iA&t=18s
>>
>>31089210
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzwVXA9J620
>>
somebody post the vid of the guy using it where it lauches the gun out

bottom line they suck just get a good leather/kydex iwb pancake holster
>>
>>31089131
That looks pretty cool I sort of want one of those. Looks sort of difficult to holster it I wonder if it'd be much worse to reholster it if a thin piece of kydex folded in there to sandwich the pistol in
>>
>>31089131
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ywu6rIXXy4
>>
>>31089429
It just looks like you're packing meat instead of packing heat
>>
>>31089239
You can solve the second problem by wearing a belt under your pants. Doesn't have to be thick leather and metal. You can even tuck in a shirt over it if you really need to.
>>
>>31089545
I hate these youtube operators who point their gun at the camera.
>>
>>31089239
>Not wearing a belt
>tucking your shirt in

You sound like a faggot, anon.
>>
>>31089131
Put a phone holder on it and call it good.
>>
Reholster with 1 hand.

I rest my case.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.