[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these guns any good? Would there be any advantage in getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Revolver.jpg (261KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver.jpg
261KB, 1024x683px
Are these guns any good? Would there be any advantage in getting one over say, a Shield to carry?
>>
>>31085890
No slide to worry about, and if it doesn't fire on the first shot all you have to do it pull the trigger again
>>
>>31085910
Enjoy ur hangfire.
>>
File: glock43-profile.jpg (12KB, 329x245px) Image search: [Google]
glock43-profile.jpg
12KB, 329x245px
>>31085910
>>31085890

No cylinder to worry about, and if you fire five shots all you have to do is pull the trigger again
>>
>>31085947
Enjoy your gun jamming when the slide gets caught in clothing
>>
>>31085924
O shit never thought of that, would you blow your hand off if that happened?

>>31085910
Also what would you be worrying with the slide? Limp wristing? Shooting inside clothing like a pocket?
>>
>>31086056
>O shit never thought of that, would you blow your hand off if that happened?

No. Also it's extremely unlikely. Also your hand is worth less than your life.

>Also what would you be worrying with the slide? Limp wristing? Shooting inside clothing like a pocket?

Yes.
>>
>>31086070
Do people ever limp wrist during a defensive situations and get their head smashed in because of it?
>>
>>31086121
It's entirely possible though unlikely. Frankly either option is fine for a small carry piece.
>>
>>31086070

Don't forget aside from limpwristing, there's always the chance that for whatever reason

>a) the ejector doesn't catch the shell correctly, or
>b) the next round doesn't feed, some guns are weird about JHP/regular ball ammo
>c) other unpredictable issues related to semi-auto cycling. My aunt bought a new Glock 42. We couldn't get through a single magazine without the trigger failing to reset/locking back at least once. Neat gun, and from what I understand it was a limited batch issue, but what if we hadn't taken it to the range that day and she just relied in it to always reliably function, as Glocks are legendary for, and as I told her was their whole selling point?

Thought typically modern pistols don't have the JPH/FMJ feed issue, it's still a possibility. I plan on carrying a 442 when and if I ever get around to a CHL, in the very, very few situations I'd ever see myself carrying. I've thought it out and decided that 5 shots is enough and the odds of the revolver failing are less likely enough that I'll sacrifice capacity. Plus I just like revolvers (not saying they're better than semis, but some people hate them for some reason).

But that's just my opinion, and opinions on /k/ are like birds in a tree: Niggers.
>>
>>31085890

I've carries a 642 for years
It replaced a few small 380's that I tried for a while.

It's hard to explain, but I feel well armed with my snubbie.

>shit grip? reliability not a problem
>Odds on needing more than 5 rounds? I'll take that chance.
>according to all the latest "theorycrafting" on ammo, same effects as 9mm, which is the worlds greatest bullet bar none. I mean it! fuck your dumb 40! 9mm masterrace!
>cheap to buy - I have a couple of 642's, a main and a spare. About $350 brand new. Ammo holder are cheap too. Hogue grip is best grip for me.

The little 380s jammed, especially when held one hand/off hand. I want a gun that works upside down in my weak hand, and my pinky is pulling the trigger.

Maybe I'll be in trouble when I run into an isis hit squad, but, at this point in my life, that seems unlikely.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.