[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ So that morale thread had me thinking. Why do we not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x3888px
Hey /k/

So that morale thread had me thinking. Why do we not use pharmaceuticals more often in the US to enhance soldier performance and supress physical pain and empathy?
>>
Because stimpaks aren't real
>>
soldiers use amphetamines

stimpaks are real
>>
>>31079193
the US army has a LONG history of giving drugs to soldiers.
>ur med kit came with amphetamines if u were in WW2 and they would get tons of amphetamines b4 any major offensive.

the germans used pektin so the US thought fight drugs with drugs.
>>
>>31079193
this >>31079213

ISIS issues PCP or Meth or some halal shit to its soldiers.
>>
>>31079193
it is unnecessary
>>
My cousin acquired lots of steroids in the army. Not officially, I think, and through his army buddies, but supposedly it's pretty common and they are kind of lax about it.

He's the size of a small rhinoceros now
>>
>>31079193
you are expected to take steroids if ur a marine. Its fucking everywhere its not like this could happen if the officers werent in on it
>>
Why do you think the short Rip-Its taste different than the tall ones you can buy stateside?
>>
>>31079193
I read once that officers usually turn the other way when their soldiers are found out to be using steroids. But that was during the actual combat operations abroad, the policies of this present muhfeelings army are probably different.
>>
>>31079220
that and opium.
>getting shot hurts a lot less if ur junked up on amphetamines and pain killers
>>
File: image.jpg (366KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
366KB, 640x480px
>>31079206
Stimpaks just heal, they don't increase performance. I'm assuming they basically stop the bleeding and close wounds with synthetic flesh or something, and maybe have an insta-morphine for temporary/instant pain suppressant.

I think what OP is referring to is something that would not only dull pain throughout the high/rush like an OxyContin, but also increase focus, adrenaline rush (or adrenaline suppressant if that would be better), and maybe boost the "fight" factor in the 'fight or flight' response.

That "Nazi Meth" stuff comes to mind. Can't remember what it was called or if it was even related to crystal meth, but I vaguely remember hearing about it.
>>
>>31079246
pektin
>crystal meth in a pill!
>>
>>31079251
>>31079219
Pektin is German for Pectin.

You're thinking of Pervitin

Also, not all amphetimines are meth.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 236x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 236x342px
>>31079238
>amphetamines and painkillers
>mixing downers and uppers
Pretty sure that's what killed Chris Farley and Mitch Hedberg.
>>
>>31079271
I fucked up, Pervitin is in fact meth.
>>
OP here

I should've googled it first because yes indeed the military does condone it, but I want them to enforce it and make the effects even stronger.

Something along the lines of a P-Aug
>>
>>31079193
Because the kind of drugs that provide a serious edge can have horrendous side effects if they aren't carefully monitored and used as directed (and even then, they can cause a lot of problems). Since a lot of soldiers have the IQ of a kidney bean, this is obviously problematic, especially from the standpoint of addiction. It would also require a fuckhuge medical staff in order to keep up with the amount of monitoring and dosage adjustment necessary to make it work.
>>
>>31079642
This. Combat drugs are just too problematic. I mean, unless you're just shoveling cocaine up people's noses.
>>
File: 1471725953404.png (165KB, 453x433px) Image search: [Google]
1471725953404.png
165KB, 453x433px
>>31079271
>>31079293
>Hey now, not all amphetamines are meth guys, get it together
>.....
>Except the one you just mentioned. That's totally meth
TipTopKek
>>
>>31079193
Any sort of addictive medication is a bad idea for a military.
If you need proof I'll direct you to an alphabet agency known as the VA.
>>
>>31079193
That really wouldn't make a better soldier.
Pain is just your body letting you know something is wrong with it, if you didn't feel pain you'd break it a lot easier.
Lack of empathy would really just sort of fuck the team quite bad most likely.
>>
>>31079193
Because you dont want mindless druct adicts to come out the army.

Being a grunt is no liftime job.
Military service burns throu your body pretty fast.

After the army you have to be fit for civilian dutys.
>>
>>31079232
His cock must be the size of a gorrilla's now.

Look that up by the way, not as impressive as it sounds.
>>
>>31079802
still called it totally something wrong

keep your drake reaction images back on facebook
>>
>>31079246
Stimpaks were PEDs for your Space Marines in StarCraft, iirc.
>>
File: 1156361521214.jpg (75KB, 400x556px) Image search: [Google]
1156361521214.jpg
75KB, 400x556px
>>31079193
Not worth the political backlash at home. Politicians need votes to keep themselves in office and widespread use of such pharmaceuticals could have unpredictable side effects for years after their use so it's not worth the hassle.

Also aren't veterans already been called social security fairies? Imagine it if they had been using these chemicals for years and then trying to get treatment for their side effects after their service? US medicare would collapse under the weight of veterans trying to get treatment, benefits and compensation for the possible harms caused. No politician is willing to commit such a political suicide.
>>
>>31079193
Man fuck that, I take drugs to suppress my testosterone, not boost it. Air force btw
>>
>>31079193
I think fighter pilots take 'go pills' at times, which was some amphetamine product
>>
>>31079193
Amphetamines would make lots of sense if we were one of those nations that treated ground troops like cannon fodder. A cheap way to possibly improve immediate performance and help a retard grunt do his simple job without worrying about his probable death.

But we don't do that anymore, we worry about casualties, we worry about collateral damage, we continue to pay the medical bills for soldiers who suffer duty-related medical conditions,

This would have worked great from the Civil War - WW1.

I bet Johnny Reb could have loaded his musket pretty damn fast with some meth in his bloodstream.
>>
>>31079193
we do. Its called DextroAmphetamine. Its used to GO ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
>>
>>31079193
Modafinil. Look it up.
>>
>>31079193
meth is good enough and you can eat it for full effect.
>>
Drugs aren't exactly like mechanical inventions. They affect people differently and there's a wide variety of responses that don't fit a standard well. Do you know what the armed forces absolutely loves? Standards.
>>
>issue stim-pack type drug to troops
>news gets hold of up
>soldiers are now seen as roided up mutant soldiers
>PR nightmare
>>
Another issue is what happens if troops are dependent on combat drugs and supply lines get cut off, suddenly the whole combat force is in withdrawal and barely half as effective as it was before they got the drugs. I guess that would be less of a problem if the drugs were issued as an emergency last resort measure or something but any kind of dependency is more trouble than it's worth
>>
>>31079345
1. it costs money to make and distribute among soldiers
2. your lives aren't worth shit, so why would anyone consider spending serious money on you
3. cheap means of enhancing performance exist, like beating the shit out of you for shitty performance

Hope this covers it all.
>>
>>31079654
This is why it should start out in a pharmaceutical endorsed sports league first.

Juicers will line up miles for the "drug driven Olympic's" just to see what they can do with funding and permission. Sacrificial space monkeys and a hell of a show in the name of progress. I will set my dvr now.
>>
>>31079193
What would steroids do for the army?

We don't live in a world where physical prowess matters beyond the standard fitness test. Your gun will work the same whether you can bench 180 or 380.

As for pain, congrats, now your soldier is walking on his broken leg and will be unusable after this battle, whereas he could have escaped carefully and lived to fight another day. We don't train one run soldiers, we put a shitton of money into training them and it's a bad investment to lose them faster, even if they take out more enemies in their one run than they would have otherwise.
>>
>>31081401
>go pills
That, and "no-go pills", which there is even less information on.
>>
>>31080897
Oh shit, I forgot about the stimpaks in StarCraft. I was thinking of Fallout 3/NV/4 Med-Tek stimpaks.
>>
They probably put performance enhancing drugs in the food, like peptides and cognitive enhancers.

Some places (depending on branch, chain of command, CO, orders, unit, ect ect) are probably relaxed in regards to anabolics or stims, especially for physically intense jobs. Others not so much. The US armed forces doesn't want to openly cater to addicts.
>>
>>31085260
>The US armed forces doesn't want to openly cater to addicts.
its enough that they openly cater to gangs.
>>
>>31082102
>supply lines get cut off
Then also
>no ammo
>no food
>the end.

Lose the logistics, lose the war.
>>
>>31080663
Steroids shrink your nuts not your dick, teenagers should stop posting and go back to /fit/.
>>
>>31083240
This is a joke right?
You can't be this clueless about both fitness and about what people use steroids for.
>>
>>31079276
Pretty sure it's also the best high in the world.

Little bit of boy
Little bit of girl
Spin me on all up
And take me for a whirl
>>
>>31085620
>>31085620
>its enough that they openly cater to gangs.
How so if I may ask?
>>
>>31085005
Doom too. Those where stimpacks
>>
>>31079193
last time they tried it everyone got gulf war syndrome
>>
>>31079193

First of all, the logistical burden of furnishing troops with a constant source of medication outweighs any marginal improvement in performance that such a measure would create. Second, counterinsurgency requires that soldiers keep their empathy intact. Also, there's no such thing as a free lunch with performance enhancers--even something as benign as caffeine. Side effects are a reality of any attempt to readjust your body's chemical balance. Even with amphetamines, which have been used many times in the past, the increased alertness of the user comes at the cost of fine motor functions and prevents clear tactical thinking.
>>
I’m Rick Harrison, and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss. Everything in here has a story and a price. One thing I’ve learned after 21 years – you never know WHAT is gonna come through that door.
>>
>expecting privates to properly use or issue pharmaceuticals
Ibuprofen and caffeine
>>
>>31082016
True that. Somehow my vaguely in shape ass pulled a first class PFT and CFT. I love the Corps some times.
>>
>>31085260
Well, I'm pretty sure there were steroids in the eggs at recruit training. All of us put on a few inches and afterwards... My production isn't quite the same.
>>
>>31079276
>Meth
>Not clinton
Nah. He made fun of HIllary's name on national TV. That was what killed him.
>>
>>31085954
*tips fedora*

The government is your friend.
>>
Main ethical problem imo would be addiction. The army got enough problems with alcoholism already
>>
>>31079246
>/stim/pack

Ya need to 420chan once.

>inb4 full ass blast because of my comment
>>
>>31081644
Yupp. Nuvigil, provigil, and adderall.
>>
>>31079276
Well now im sad... farley was amazing
>>
>>31079193
>in the US to enhance soldier performance and supress physical pain and empathy?
>physical pain

It's called selection in places like RASP and BUD/s where they weed out the physically and mentally weak. Can't deal with being hungry at RASP? You'll drop. Can't deal with being freezing cold, tired with blisters all over you with cuts burning from salt water? You'll drop.

As for empathy, there is no empathy for an enemy already. As a soldier or sof guy, your shit is already straightened the fuck out. You can't lifehack someone to become a warfighter. You find who's willing to go through the hardship and still push through despite all the pain and stress.
>>
>>31087158
Basically this, we either make you a warrior or we make you go home.
>>
File: 1466802727991.jpg (36KB, 575x335px) Image search: [Google]
1466802727991.jpg
36KB, 575x335px
>>31087158
And to add, there's people who have completed both RASP and Hell Week with broken legs, broken fingers and one Ranger chugged through selection despite being painfully bitten by an poisonous spider.

It's either you have it or you don't. The people that want it bad enough to make it through SEAL training are willing to fucking drown to death in the dive phase because they're so determined to make it.
>>
File: Finn On Speed.png (491KB, 572x1612px) Image search: [Google]
Finn On Speed.png
491KB, 572x1612px
>>31079193
>combat drugs
>>
>>31084438
no-go pills are just unbranded ambien
>>
My cousin went into the army right after highschool, he had already gone through puberty at an early age and iirc his growth plates had closed by 17, point is he went in at 5ft8 158lbs and came outta basic at 6ft 187lbs.

I seriously do think there must be some amount of HGH in the food in basic, no fucking way he could've somehow magically grew 4 inches during those few weeks.
>>
>>31090097
If his growth plates had closed no amount of HGH would have made him grow in height.
>>
>>31090097
Steroid abuse is almost universal in the army and marines anon. The chain of command even let them know in advance when drug tests are happening
>>
>>31079193
Long term sounds pretty shitty. Like it's expensive.

Why bother?
>>
>>31083240
>As for pain, congrats, now your soldier is walking on his broken leg and will be unusable after this battle
Brutal as it may sound, there was a scenario for that.

In Europe large parts of the forces near the borders to the Soviet Union had amphetamine rations in case of war. These forces were meant to be little more than speed bumps for Soviet forces and would be expected to be mostly dead after 2 or 3 days. Therefore your scenario would be fully expected and acceptable.
>>
>>31079193
>suppress empathy

We do not want this. The hardest part about training a human to fight is NOT teaching them to kill. Humans have been doing that very well for a very long time. The hardest part is getting them to stop.
>>
>>31087853
>The people that want it bad enough to make it through SEAL training are willing to fucking drown to death in the dive phase because they're so determined to make it.

Drowned multiple times I might add, all up to the discretion of whoever is overseeing the dive phase
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.