[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong here what's the best defence against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: k1471878474282.webm (573KB, 994x560px) Image search: [Google]
k1471878474282.webm
573KB, 994x560px
what went wrong here

what's the best defence against this kinda thing
>>
He got separated from his buddies and got INTO a killzone that deprived him of 90% of his view of his enemy.

He had, at most, a 50% chance of even seeing his killer before he got blasted.
>>
He had no cover, no line of sight, and was up against a veteran with an >high capacity assault rifle while he had at most 15 rounds in 9mm. Even if he landed 3-4 shots center of mass on the shooter he was still going to die. I wonder how long it took him to realize he was fucked.
>>
>>31074518
>He got separated from his buddies
This is it. Strength in numbers.
>>
Should have used vats mode
>>
Tossing a grenade whenever you duck into cover
>>
>>31074573
My sides
>>
>>31074473
Camper noob was owned.

>what's the best defence against this kinda thing
1. Don't be camper noob.
2. If you are still camper noob operate as a part of large group with at least 500% numeral superiority.
>>
>>31074473
dont stand right up on the cover, keep a few feet back. instead of being right up on it only watching one side at a time.
>>
Violence of action versus unmotivated fearful combatant.
>>
>>31074473
The same mistake horror movies characters make when trying to take cover.

Ever see one of those scenes where someone is being chased by a monster in the woods, and they hide right behind a tree and peek over one side of it? And then the monster has actually gone around the other side of the tree and it gets them.

Same thing. Without knowing anything about the situation I kinda feel bad for the guy. It's clear he's never had training, or if he did that he panicked and forgot.
>>
File: wall-e-negotiator.jpg (230KB, 1280x1199px) Image search: [Google]
wall-e-negotiator.jpg
230KB, 1280x1199px
beep boop wall-e
>>
>>31074711
>Without knowing anything about the situation I kinda feel bad for the guy

dallas cop shootings
>>
>>31074473
different angel
https://streamable.com/1v0j
>>
>>31074647
This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8-ycSkoYfc
>>
>>31074473
Don't be a lardass
>>
As for how to prevent it, I'm sorry but the only realistically reliable answer is training.

You can try and keep a cool head and analyze the situation. It's easy from an outsider perspective to say he shouldn't have been hugging his cover, that he should have been mobile, aggressive and maybe tried to get behind the car or have backup. But unless you receive training in how to handle yourself under stressful situations and less than perfect conditions, it's hard to say exactly how your body is going to react the first time something like this happens.

You don't have to be in the military to improve your odds of handling yourself well. Go out running, do weight lifting and then try to shoot. Or do any other combination of exercises that raises your heart rate, leaves you tired and your arms sore and shaking. Like, try holding up a piece of paper at shoulder level for as long as you can. Then proceed to fire and clean your weapon. Time yourself when firing, try to get three shots in the face or the ten ring in three seconds.

It sounds stupid, but play paintball with people who take it fucking seriously. The sort that end up practicing clearing a bulding and other urban warfare funs in their make believe games.

You want to train yourself so you don't have to think about what you're doing, because you won't be able to.
>>
>>31074740
Thank you
>>
>>31074900
>It sounds stupid, but play paintball with people who take it fucking seriously.
It is stupid, and it builds bad habits, this is why no reputable military does it ever as any form of training.
>>
>>31074927
>this is why no reputable military does it ever as any form of training.
>what is simunition
>>
>>31075033
>what is simunition
Not paintball.
>>
>>31075033
I'd wager sim training is different than paintball.
>>
>>31075051
Not a real bullet. It is full of compromises too.
>>
>>31075033
Not paintball.
>>
>>31075072
Playing paintball is not in any way equivalent to training with simunition.
>>
>>31075072
As a veteran, i can say we have done MOUT with paintball guns. I was a 31B what is your MOS? dont worry you dont have to make up an answer faggot. i dont care what day/k/are has to say
>>
File: thank-you-for-your-service.jpg (47KB, 704x318px) Image search: [Google]
thank-you-for-your-service.jpg
47KB, 704x318px
>>31075115
>>
>>31075115
So, this is like. Trolling right?
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 640x742px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 640x742px
To win a gun fight you need firepower superiority. this is a perfect example of that.
>>
>>31075141
What is. That pic? That's fire superiority? What the fucking shit.
>>
the dude was already in the mindset of kill on sight. it was just another day for the cop and he most likely didnt switch on in time. cops are not trained for shit to get that real.
>>
>>31075115
I did mout training with paintball guns at Ft Stewart for premob. I was in a LRS nasty girl unit so for us it was useful for nailing down sop's. I thought it gave a level of realism that dry runs couldn't quite give. At the end of the day it's not the be all end all for training cqc but like everything else it has it's place as a training aid.
>>
>>31075248
This. Paintball, airsoft, etc cant possibly be worse than no training.
>>
File: shooting.png (8KB, 1132x418px) Image search: [Google]
shooting.png
8KB, 1132x418px
He hugged the pillar.

He should have been off the pillar and facing towards the direction of the shooter.

So he couldn't be caught from behind and be able to put his weapon on target faster.
>>
>>31075176
Depends on where you train.

In Florida, our academy stressed room clearing, shoot/no shoot scenarios, ambush response, advancing/retreating/transitioning/reloading/clearing malfunctions under fire, in all lighting conditions, with and without flashlights, with strobes/other lights flashing in your face, etc. There was also a large focus on marksmanship under the same conditions, and marksmanship/weapons use after physical activity like ground fighting, sprinting, etc.

Lots of actually decent combatives, too. Not just the "learn enough to get yourself killed" that most places focus on.
>>
>>31075551
>Florida

The crazy state.
>>
>>31075509

This. He also seemed to be expecting the shooter to take cover and not rush in.

Even though he would probably have been hit before downing the shooter, he would have had a better chance.
>>
I doubt that he would have been able to do anything in that situation even if he saw the nigger. He just had a glock while the nog was wearing body armor and had a rifle. Unless he got lucky and managed to shoot him in the head he would have died anyway.

I really feel sorry for him tho.
>>
>>31075720
>implying plate carrier covers entire body
>>
>>31075757
Pigs train to shoot center mass. So unless under stress he had the toward thinking to aim below the plate or for a headshot, that plate carrier was about to do its job.
>>
>>31075720
>Unless he got lucky and managed to shoot him in the head

Do you really think that a bullet from a 9mm glock could have penentrated a kevlar vest. Even if he wasn't wearing anything the bullet would have very little effect on him because of the adrenalin.
>>
>>31075157
That's a closeup of a sunflower.

Firepower superiority is putting more bullets down range then your opponent. It increases your chances of a hit and blindsides any original strategy your opening had.
>>
>>31075787
>pigs

Go kill yourself faggot, if it wasnt for them the only thing standing betwen you and a violent pack of fucking niggers is your rifle.
>>
>>31075848
That sounds pretty good actually.
>>
>>31074727
KEK
>>
>>31075115
>mp
>army
wow such valuable insight
>>
>>31075551
You are not a combatant, though. You are a PEACE OFFICER.

Or you were when I was a kid, anyway.
>>
>>31075848
You say that almost as if that's a bad thing.

You can shoot at niggers and they'll run away.

The police will keep sending more people.

I'd pick nigger problems over cop problems any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
>>
>>31075908
Wow this really made me think....deep.
>>
>>31075787
Under heavy stress accuracy deteriorates into nothing. Statistical distribution of combat bullet wounds is pretty much random. He would be actually lucky to hit plate instead of other parts of the body. Body armor is overrated.
>>
>>31075908
This so much. This is an Anglo society with strong roots in English Common Law, Anglos with strong roots in English Common Law are supposed to have civilian cops instead of gendarmes. It's part of what makes us freer and more self-governed than countries with their legal roots in Roman Law.
>>
>>31075931
You want some "deep" look up Ross Scott's Game Dungeon Deus Ex and skip to 23:00 and watch the remainder of the video to the end.
>>
>>31075908
The fuck does Stephen King know about Law Enforcement. He can't even write an ending for fuck's sake.
>>
>>31074648
Exactly this - its what they tauht me in the academy.

Only huge cover if the enemy has mass r elevation. Other than that you need to use distance and cover lines
>>
>>31075908
That quote is bullshit. Both groups are agents of the state. They exist to project state power. One does it domestically against the people and the other against other state actors at home or abroad.

The difference is police do it to enforce the law and theortically protect citizens and the social order. The military's sole use is to kill and destroy enemies. The social order and laws are not their concern. That is why you do not mix the two.
>>
That is some damn fine removal right there.
>>
>>31075848
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the founding fathers wanted and the true definition of freedom. Fuck off boot licker.
>>
I managed a paintball store back in the 90's in CA and the SEALS bought all sorts of paint and air from us.
>>
>>31074655

best post.

which is ironic since that cop died behind one...
>>
>>31074473
Ban all guns obviously
>>
>>31074473

exterminate BLM, and to a greater extent, blacks.
>>
>>31075908
>>31076308

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia#Decision

In fact they never had any obligation to ever serve or protect the people...
>>
>>31074473
sauce?
>>
>>31075848
> the only thing standing betwen you and a violent pack of fucking niggers is your rifle.

> and my massive erection

ftfy
>>
... didnt check his 6
>>
>>31075396
It is when it builds horrible habits.
>>
>>31075115
0351, we never used paintball. Of course, we also shouted BANG instead of actually firing the SMAW
>>
>>31074473

A good guy with a gun ;^]
>>
>>31077461
This obviously. If guns were illegal, he couldn't have illegally killed people. (How antigunners actually think)
>>
>>31077888

...like the 'ol six shooter?
>>
>>31075908
That's just the sad state of affairs nowadays. With the ever increasing terror activity, we can't mobilize the military every time we need to take down a barricaded suspect or active shooter.

Even SWAT tends to take a while to mobilize. Especially with policies like "first on scene, first in" where you need to be able to respond quickly to remove a threat.

The ambush training is specifically defensive in nature. Cops aren't supposed to be combatants, but with people going around shooting people with babby killing assault glocknades, we are by necessity.

A good example would be the peshmerga. They aren't really combatants by choice, but by necessity.
>>
>>31074473
RPG-7
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.