[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i want to learn how to be a sneaky bastard Teach me how to effectively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: stalk.png (860KB, 796x392px) Image search: [Google]
stalk.png
860KB, 796x392px
i want to learn how to be a sneaky bastard

Teach me how to effectively stalk, /k/.
>>
>>31072082
1. Wind direction ALWAYS know it.
2. Move in sync with your environment
Use wind noise to cover movement.
3.Break up your outline as much as possible. Match camo to environment.
4.Move slowly and without pattern.
5.listen for movement/bird/squirrel chatter.
6.if moving across water move quickly you can't move stealthy across a stream so don't.
7.Game trails. The best locations for stalking trails are as follows.
Entrance from/to open fields.
Across streams
To water/salt licks
To shelter.
To rubbing trees.
>>
wear cats for shoes
>>
>>31072082
get an erection whenever it is rainy or stormy, this is run around like a spaz and don't get noticed time. Make the most of it
>>
>>31072082
Ask /k/ during hunting season, which is soon.
>>
>>31074025
Ha, I snuck up on a hunter a couple of years ago, scared the shit out of him. He was an idiot. Last week I snuck up on two kayakers, one just about jumped out of his boat I scared him so bad. I was barely even camo.

Hunters don't pay as much attention as they think they do. I have surprised quite a few as they walked past me in hide. I love it.
>>
File: 1462629861487.png (209KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1462629861487.png
209KB, 510x346px
>>31074128
Question; /k/,

how the hell do sf soldiers get so close to a sentry without alerting them?

i mean, in a tropic/arid environment it's pretty damn hard to sneak without making obnoxious dumb shlick shlick sounds because of the grass/small bushes

or do i just need to practice more?
>>
>>31074163
There's a few videos on the tubes. You need practice and when you got it then walk the woods with others they will drive you nuts. You have to watch your steps, the wind etc. You'll see the wind before it gets to you and then move with it like surfing. Placing your foot flat makes less of a lengthy sound.
>>
File: 2015-11-16_00004.jpg (59KB, 362x539px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-16_00004.jpg
59KB, 362x539px
>>31074128
Seems like a good way to get accidentally shot.
>>
>>31072082
play stalker
>>
>>31074412
Am okay with that
>>
>Visualize a "sensory bubble" around you.
How much awareness of your environment do you have? Where can you see and hear movement? Or smell something? Visualize it and keep its range in mind.
>Visualize a "disturbance bubble" around you.
Similar, except this time its how much noise you cause, movement you cause, etc -- things that will expose you. This bubble will almost always be larger. We're clumsy animals.

Whenever an animal enters your disturbance bubble, it will take off running. You've failed before you've even seen it. Whenever an animal enters your sensory bubble, though, you've succeeded.

So how do you achieve this, when nature has stacked the odds against you?

Figure out how to reduce the size of your disturbance bubble as much as possible. How can you create less smell? Fewer noises?

Generally the answer is to move more slowly and deliberately. Be aware of your steps and the materials you are walking on. Take frequent, long breaks to sit and listen. Look around. The longer you stay still, the smaller your bubble becomes.

I use this method when stalking deer and have seen some success.
>>
>>31072082
Get out of here stalker
>>
>>31072082
The most important aspect of sneaking is to always have an EMPTY MIND; do not think, especially in words, and instead just allow what your senses perceive to wash through you without "churning the water...." Do this, and you become invisible to the minds of others.
>source: [redacted]
>>
Go barefoot for awhile.

After awhile your feet will stop freaking out from every tiny bump and scratch and settle down. You will be much more quiet and you will pay much better attention to where you are putting your goddam feet.

Then try it with your shoes on.
>>
>>31075214
Thanks, Cletus
>>
>>31072082
>Walk behind someone
>Match your footfalls with theirs
>Change your distance by lengthening or shortening your steps

Works pretty well.
>>
>>31075214
Damn Phil that's some hillbilly monk tier shit right there
>>
File: filthyarab.jpg (139KB, 1281x1436px) Image search: [Google]
filthyarab.jpg
139KB, 1281x1436px
>>31075229
>>31075283
>they didn't grow up hiking barefoot in the woods
For shame
And for real though, going barefoot makes you much more aware of your surroundings. Do it a few times and realize how you analyze the best path to take, and see how fast your feet toughen up.
t. barefoot guy
>>
>>31075347
>going barefoot makes you much more aware of your surroundings.

this is a meme. you aren't a fucking druid.
>>
>>31075376
Makes you more susceptible to getting bit by a venomous snake too
>>
Easy.

Move slowly, like painfully slow. When you step, place your heel down first, then the rest of your foot and slowly transfer your weight. Most of the time with deer they spook because of your movements, not because they heard a single twig snap.

If you're approaching deer, approach directly head on. They have shit depth perception and if they don't see you moving, they have a hard time telling you've gotten closer.

Most of the time with deer....they know you're there. It isn't about how close you can get without being noticed. It's how close they'll allow you to get before they decide it's time to move. This depends largely on environment. In thick brush you can get closer, in an open field they'll spook quicker.

Of course you could always just pick a nice place to sit down and if you're still and quiet they won't notice you.
>>
>>31075347
stfu low rent Dances With Wolves
>>
File: Cody Lundin.jpg (82KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
Cody Lundin.jpg
82KB, 400x599px
>>31075347

Cody? Is that you? They never should have fired you from Dual Survival, you magnificent crazy bastard.
>>
File: ef3.jpg (105KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
ef3.jpg
105KB, 900x900px
>>31075376
>you aren't a fucking druid.

Y-you don't know that!
>>
>>31075214
Daily reminder Phil is an insufferable faggot
>>
>>31075214
This is actually good advice. You can wear moccasins too, either way you'll feel the ground more. Set down the outside of your feet first, then roll down the inside of your feet. You'll feel roots and rocks and you won't trip over them.
>>
>>31075376
It's not a meme, jackwagon. There's a reason why Indians with very soft-soled moccasins were quieter in the woods than Europeans with hard-soled shoes.
>>
>>31076090
Because they had been Indians their whole lives and the Europeans had never been in that scenario before?
>>
when you are in an old wood framed house walk along the edge of the wall floors seem to creek less.

another tip ive found is dont "sneak" blending in around people. its easy to spot some one who is sneaking about. some random civilian yapping on the phone,tying their shoe, eating at dick's bistro, not sneaking around in all black in the middle of the afternoon.
>>
File: bravemuslimas.jpg (41KB, 587x581px) Image search: [Google]
bravemuslimas.jpg
41KB, 587x581px
>>31075376
>having to actually pay attention to the shit you're walking on and around doesn't make you more aware of your surroundings
I can spot a snake quicker than my dogs can
>>
>step 1 become a hippy
>step 2 commune with nature
>step 3 ???
>step 4 shank your enemies and surprise your friends.
>>
File: normanreedusgivesbirth.jpg (916KB, 1280x1877px) Image search: [Google]
normanreedusgivesbirth.jpg
916KB, 1280x1877px
>>31076188
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRk6zDqc0vY
This
These footprison fags don't know what they're missing
>>
File: 1359520409161.jpg (24KB, 262x317px) Image search: [Google]
1359520409161.jpg
24KB, 262x317px
>>31072967
underrated post
>>
>>31075592
kek
>>
>>31076202
I just noticed there are handprints on his buttocks
>>
>>31072082

>source - we dont hunt from tree stands here in NZ.

Ditch your footwear and get pic related dive booties.

Move slowly, look where you are putting your feet and shift your weight slowly, toes first.

Camouflage cream your hands or wear gloves, make the dark parts of your face light colours (eye sockets) and dark colours for prominent features.

If you need to move fast use a creek to mask your sound.

Beware of wind swirling in gullys and valleys.

Wear merino/wool, synthetics stink after a few days and even humans could identify the smell in the fresh bush.

Dont silloheutte yourself on ridges and hilltops.
>>
File: hits-blunt-twitter-lead.jpg (29KB, 650x327px) Image search: [Google]
hits-blunt-twitter-lead.jpg
29KB, 650x327px
>>31072967
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.