[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

looking to mount a scope on my mosin. What brands/types of mounts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
looking to mount a scope on my mosin. What brands/types of mounts have you had success with or recommend?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>31063152
Buying a new rifle. You're not going to get anything out of scoping a Mosin.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
More pics since I just bought this, rate my shit
>>
>>31063186
I'm poor
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31063192
>>
>>31063205
You're going to spend more on a scope and a mount. And you won't get any performance if you do decide to forgo my advice.
>>
>>31063296
Why not improved performance, the guns accurate within a few with the iron sights at 60 yards, wouldn't a scope just improve accuracy past where my eyes can see
>>
>>31063152

If you're intent on scoping it, do it right. Get a RSI mount and have the bolt bent. Don't fuck with the scout scope mounts.

HOWEVER

as >>31063186 mentioned, you won't get much out of scoping a mosin, especially if you're shooting milsurp ammo. If you have a good bore, get it recrowned or barreled, and hand-load, I've heard you can get close to 1" @ 100 yards. Also plan on bedding the action and action screws.

If you decide to go ahead with this, let me know; I've got a RSI mount I'll sell you cheap. I was going to do what you're planning and decided to build an AR instead.
>>
>>31063205
Youre going to spend about the same on a new production rifle with a cheap 3-9 scope as you will to have your mosin tapped.
>>
>>31063152
I just mounted a Brass Stacker Anchor Point mount on my M39. It lets the shooter use the iron sights, comes with some necessary tools, and is entirely reversible in 10 minutes or less. It's also very solid since it mounts to the cross bolt in the stock and the rear sight ladder pivot pin. Virtually nothing to fear for someone looking to maintain the historical integrity of the rifle and use the iron sights. It's a bit pricy at about $120 after shipping though.
>>
>>31063466
Oh, and just wanted to add, it's very easy. All you need to install it is an 8-ounce small or ball peen hammer, a durable table vice, and the screwdriver you'd normally use to field strip the rifle. The kit comes with the pin punch for the rear sight, a tool to unscrew and replace the cross bolt, and all necessary Allen wrenches. I had some issues (Amazon sells the kit for Russian/Polish/Chinese rifles but advertised it as fitting the M39) and the customer service at Brass Stacker was AWESOME. The folks working the phone seem to also be the ones machining the parts or running the business. It's definitely worth it to order from Brass Stacker directly so you don't end up in limbo with a third party.
>>
>>31063398
>>31063466
>>31063410
Thanks for the input. I plan on using the rifle for the upcoming deer season, since I've been using shotgun and now but haven't gone with a rifle yet.
>>
>>31063555
I'll look over the different options, and since I've got a bit of time to decide I'll post what I do at some point
>>
>>31063555
You should really think about something else. I've taken Mosins hunting and while they can work, they're not ideal in any way.
>>
>>31063555
I plan on doing the same. Here in NY though, the chances of taking a shot more than 100 yards away is unlikely. If you can hit a paper plate at 100 yards with hunting loads you're gtg. Just make sure to test ranges in between too.
>>
>>31063152
jmeck is pretty good. Blue Loctite on the screws though. Fully reversible and holds zero well.
>>
I punched out the pins on the rear sight, removed it. Underneath is a 3/8 dovetail. Got 3/8th scope rings that puts scope height offset at 1.5 inches. This is a good cheek weld. The dovetail seems machined level against the bore. This is important for accuracy. The rear ring I notched with a dremel to push the rearsight pin back in its hole with a bit sticking out flush with the ring notch I dremel'd. This holds the scoped assembly from shifting on the dovetail. Everything got blue lock tight on assembly. I can easily punch the pin, unscrew the rings and return the rear sight to original in case a 1942 beat up war mosin suddenly is sought after as a collectible.

The scope I mounted is a cheap Ncstar scout 2-7 no fancy illuminated reticle. just crosshairs. it seems to hold zero.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.