[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /k/ I normally lurk on other boards but need some help...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 1995447aeGW08m_700b_v3.jpg (65KB, 497x618px) Image search: [Google]
1995447aeGW08m_700b_v3.jpg
65KB, 497x618px
Dear /k/

I normally lurk on other boards but need some help...

Our story begins 12am on Saturday night just gone

> be me
> 24 years old from England
> poor af work in London for shit wage so can't move out atm
> live in a quiet area with mum and dad
> sitting downstairs watching olympics with the old man
> hear door rustling
> think it's my brother trying to get in, so I open the door to see some skinny guy, around 6' 2 trying the door handle
> two other guys at the end of my drive
> all three sprint for their life
> inspired from my evening viewing i make chase
> do my best Usain Bolt impression and calling them out at the same time
> they ran around the corner and seemed to have got away
> i go back home and grab a 9 iron and dad joins in
> running around my street with a 9 iron in my shorts and t-shirt see all 3 guys jump into a car and speed off

Because I live in a country that's strict on guns, do you guys have any suggestions for a good bedside weapon?

Pic unrelated

Any advice is appreciated
>>
Baseball bat
>>
>>31063099
Not sure what would do more damage, baseball bat or golf club?
>>
>>31063075

You literally aren't allowed to have anything ready for the purpose of self-defence even in your own home. If you acquire a baseball bat with the intention you are going to use it as a weapon to hit an intruder it becomes an offensive weapon and is illegal.

Your best bet is to get something "innocent" that is close to hand in case of a break in and you "grab it fearing for your life"; So get a cricket bat or something and prop it up against your wall near your bed. You can claim it's there because that's where you put it after playing a day of cricket and it is all chance you picked it up in the heat of the moment because you was scared and it was the first thing you saw *wink wink*.
>>
>>31063140
Cricket bat or baseball bat?
I do play golf, explains the clubs in the dining room but I'm all for the "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" and would feel safer knowing i can stop someone properly
>>
>>31063248
So some unarmed dude tried your doorknob, didn't even enter your house, and you think there's any possibility you will be carried by 6? There's no threat to your life. I don't think even Texas law would permit you to shoot them.
>>
>>31063361

It could've been totally different if they got in and the door was shut behind them.

I wouldn't want to kill them, but I'd be happy to hurt someone trying to take from me or my family
>>
>>31063391
Yes, but chasing them outside your home in this particular situation is incredibly stupid.

>I wouldn't want to kill them, but I'd be happy to hurt someone trying to take from me or my family

A golf club or bat is a lethal weapon. If you're okay with attacking someone with a bat you should be okay with shooting them.
>>
>>31063361
Plus I don't know whether they were tooled up themselves...
>>
>>31063418
I should have said "not brandishing arms" rather than unarmed. You can't realistically feel a threat to your life from people who tried your doorknob and didn't even violently break in, bolting after you found them.
>>
>>31063412
Seemed a good idea at the time, adrenaline just kicked in and stupidly didn't think of the consequences if they turned around or if I had to use it desu was just fight or flight.

The only other option would've been to sit back indoors and hope they didn't come back..
>>
>>31063442
Burglaries happen all the time in my area.

Thieves are opportunists but backed into a corner then what?
>>
>>31063449
The correct option, if you were comfortable with doing this, would be to calmly follow without brandishing your weapon (but still having a weapon on you), note their license plate number and descriptions and file a police report. If you are concerned they will come back keep watch inside with weapons at the ready.

The number 1 priority should be your own safety. If you feel that the robbers are armed or that it would be dangerous to follow then you shouldn't follow them. If it isn't dangerous to follow them you shouldn't follow them with weapons drawn.
>>
>>31063493
Okay, noted.

But what would you suggest as a weapon while Im keeping watch from inside?
>>
>>31063136
baseball bat is better because it can be used in full swing, or as baton (poking, blocking, etc. look up baton combat).

golf club can only be used in a full swing, and is only effective if the actual club connects with the target. while lighter and easier to swing, the user must be more precise.

>>31063248
cricket bat offers more plausible deniability, is a little too fat to have the same multiuse properties like a baseball bat.
>>
>>31063544
Cheers.
34" too big? I've got a cricket bat somewhere instead if needs be.
>>
>>31063540
I would suggest a handgun. I don't understand the laws of your jurisdiction enough to know what would be considered legal. Pepper spray guns and the like are a nice less lethal option with range. You don't want to be close enough to get stabbed. But again I have no idea what your jurisdiction is like.
>>
>>31063609
Handguns are banned in my country mate
>>
>>31063628
I know. I should have said I don't know what to suggest besides a handgun. Pepper spray guns or tasers are a nice option for range. Maybe a crossbow? Again I have no idea how any of this would work out in court.
>>
>>31063075
>9gag
kill yourself
>>
>>31063481
except they werent ,what /k is getting mad at you for is that you're trying to justify what even in the states would be at least 2nd degree murder.
>>
Make your ancestors proud, anon.
>>
>>31063544
>>31063606
I miss my G-N bat. My friend took it one summer when I didn't visit.
>>
>>31063075
your country is retarded when it comes to self defense laws, so you're pretty much fucked
>>
Oven cleaner.
Use it just like pepper spray.
It will fuck their shit up and can literally melt their face off.
But it's probably 100% banned in britain.

So I say just have the KY Jelly ready and bend over and touch your toes next time they come back.
>>
>>31063075
> 24 years old from England
>do you guys have any suggestions for a good bedside weapon?

Consent.
>>
>bae
Fuck off.
>>
>>31066636
Chuckle
>>
>>31063075
Shotgun license. Shouldn't be that difficult to get your hands on.

Self Defense being illegal is another matter altogether.
>>
File: 1460376927862.png (1MB, 595x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1460376927862.png
1MB, 595x1274px
>>31063075
Don't attack them if they're running away. If they are running away from you, the court will make the case they were no longer a threat to you.
No one here will care, but your justice system will.
And it's best to stay on your property, if you can.
Baseball bats and hammers should be ok. Maybe even a sledge hammer or a wood cutting axe. I remember that there is a law about intent of the object, so if you get something that has another purpose, you shouldn't get locked up.
If you can get an axe or a hatchet, I'd go with that. Just tell them that you're going camping.
>>
>>31063075
Try getting one of those M206 revolvers that they convert into black powder
>>
>>31063136
>Baseball bats and golf clubs banned for being assault weapons in UK
>>
File: bedpostbeforeafter.jpg (527KB, 1600x912px) Image search: [Google]
bedpostbeforeafter.jpg
527KB, 1600x912px
Machete is your best bet
Or you could take up HEMA and get a battle ready sword
>>
>>31063075
Anything that has another use. Basically a "Notaweapon". Play a lot of cricket? Keep your cricket bat handy. Golf on occasion? There you go. Bake a lot of cookies? Stone or steel rolling pin. Tons of options out there. Can also mount a dowel rod to the wall for hanging clothes, makes a good simple staff. Avoid kitchen knives considering blades are apparently your country's AR-15.

Don't just go buy a baseball bat if you don't play baseball. Dead giveaway that you only own it for use as a weapon. Anything you get must have a legitimate alternate use that others can testify you actually use it for.
>>
My house, USA: I'm not opening the door, and I'm not panic yelling for them to go away. When I hear the attempt to break in, I'm using my time to grab the shotgun with 5 rounds of 00 buck, and if there's time, to grab the .357 hidden near the door. Once they succeed at breaking in, I'm now in danger and they're catching lead to the torso add quickly as I can apply it.
This is the way it should be. Period.
There is no governmental authority that has any legitimacy if it removes the right of an individual to stand firm and stop invasion or attack with force.
The Brits sure didn't seem to want to lay down their arms and allow Germany to walk in in the 1940's. Nor should they have. But now they intend to prevent individuals from preventing robbery, rape, burglary or murder by threatening to put them in prison for defending themselves.
You Brits need to take up this issue with your politicians, your leaders, and your public. You need to insist that this is not acceptable.
Either that, or insist that the UK not have a military for the same reason the UK insists you not have the capacity to defend yourself and your family personally.
>>
File: putter.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
putter.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
>>31063136
If you go for a golf club use an old crappy putter. Can put a lot of force into a hit with the red colored spot.
>>
>>31069273
>sledge hammer or a wood cutting axe
>good bedside weapon?

Try explaining this in court. Get a backpack, some assorted camping gear and a hatchet. Keep them together as hiking/camping supplies in the closet.
>>
>>31070311
>Implying I said they were good bedside weapons
>implying I didn't say "maybe"
>implying there is no use for a sledge hammer
>implying a hatchet and a wood cutting axe don't have THE EXACT FUCKING SAME USE
>>
>>31063075
Baseball bat, tire iron, cricket bat etc
>>
>>31063099
>Baseball bat
batty bwoy
Duppy know who fi frighten
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
A big as bottle o rum. Put that on your nightstand. Smash that over a guys head. Then explain how your a achohalic
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.