[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you store valuable guns while on vacation without a gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (191KB, 639x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 639x637px
How do you store valuable guns while on vacation without a gun safe? I'm worried about them being stolen in a house robbery.

>clothing drawers
>in a mattress
>buried under boxes etc.

Pls help
>>
-trigger lock
-gun field-stripped, and parts separated
>>
I like to put handguns in random coat pockets which are hanging in the closet. Also I have a unique sink in a bathroom connected to the bedroom, makes for another good stash spot.
>>
>>31062695
this.

Before I had a gun safe, I'd take all the bolts and any other parts i could take off of rifles and put them in a box and leave it at a relative's house. If someone was going to steal my gun, they were going to be incomplete.
>>
>>31062669
Your nugget isn't valuable.
>>
I might get a storage unit when I go on deployment but that's 2 years, for you I'd just hid them in the attic or under couch cushions
>>
>>31062669
I give them to someone I trust to watch.
>>
>>31062669
I stick them all up my ass for safe keeping
>>
File: laughingsluts.png (448KB, 455x395px) Image search: [Google]
laughingsluts.png
448KB, 455x395px
>>31062695
>he doesn't melt down his gun to blobs of it's raw materials then reshape it when he gets back in to town
>>
I used to have a bookshelf that had a peice of cardboard with book spines and covers stuck to it that I could put on the shelf and it would just look like ordinary books. The hollow space behind it would be where my funs would hide.

In a house robbery noone is going to be stealing books. Plus the shelf was pretty high so you couldn't tell that it was fake from ground height.

The disassembly and hiding the parts in various places method works well too.
>>
>house robbery
>car robbery
>castle doctrine in effect in both.

Closed case.
>>
That depends. What's your address, and when are you going on vacation?
>>
>>31062788
Unless you're in an apartment and they're trying to be quiet they would probably toss the bookcase just in case you had hollowed out books filled with cash or something. Might fool a random crackhead but not a professional thief.
>>
>>31062840
>can't read
>>
>>31062883
In that house (moved since), the only kinds of people that would break in were random dindus who would've threw a brick through the window and did a one minute dash to get as much as possible.
>>
>>31062669
None of the suggestions ITT are good, any crook would find them.

Crooks know people hide their valuable shit, that's why they tear the place apart when they're looking, and they don't have to be careful about it, so they just throw everything.

Don't try to hide guns in your home. Get a safe or leave them with someone you trust.

Or if you're leaving for a long time it may be worth it to put them in your walls, it's pretty simple, just cut a rectangle out, slip in gun, putty & paint it back up.
>>
>>31063694
>that's why they tear the place apart when they're looking
speaking from experience, maybe?
i thought most burglaries were hit and run.
>>
>>31063746
No reason for that if they know you're on vacation
>>
I put mine in the crawlspace with trigger locks on them.
>>
>>31063694
OP here. Agreed, although it's not really an option to store them anywhere else, all of my family that live near me are super liberal and wouldn't want to be anywhere near a gun, and there's no way in hell I'm trusting my idiot friends with my guns.

>>31063772
This. I'm not so much worried about a quick 1 minute dash to steal everything in sight, I'm more worried about a calculated, multiple man teardown of the whole house for valuables.
>>
>>31063977
Well. You're fucked. I'll get back to ya if I think of anything.
>>
If you're planning against a multiple man raid on your house then it becomes a lot more difficult.

You either want to hide your shit well in a specific area that is difficult to get too, i.e deep inside of vents, inside of walls, hidden extremely well in the basement/attic, a hole dug outside that hasn't obviously been dug up.

The only real way to hide them is to have them off site. Leave them at a friends house or pay a local business (gun store or police depo might do it? You could possibly try the bank, but don't just bring the guns there).

A smash and grab is easy to out think, but something like this is much more difficult.
>>
>>31063977
>I'm more worried about a calculated, multiple man teardown of the whole house for valuables.
In that case whatever it is they're going to get it. This is where renters or homeowners insurance comes in. Why do you even think you'd be the target of something like this? Hit and run burglaries by drug addicts and teenagers are common and can happen to anyone, but you aren't going to attract the attention of professionals unless they're reasonably certain that it's worth their time.
>>
File: awesome-people-035-05282013.jpg (284KB, 615x953px) Image search: [Google]
awesome-people-035-05282013.jpg
284KB, 615x953px
>>31062669
I live in an almost crime free town, so I don't worry about that shit. Maybe you need to move away from criminals to someplace nice, so you won't really have to worry.
>>
>>31064102
dont bring them to the police, you'll never see them again
>>
nice try ATF you're not going to get me to tell you where muh guns are
>>
Storage unit
they never get robbed :^)
>>
>>31062840
>castle doctrine
It must be nice to be in a free state.
>>
desu senpai
just put them in your walls
it's the only good option for you really
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.