[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /k/ how do you handle debating guns with pic related without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (103KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 400x600px
Dear /k/ how do you handle debating guns with pic related without just giving up and looking lile you lost?

My sister, who is pretry much a communist, just learned that I have guns and told me she was worried that if someone armed broke in my house and i decided to use them, i d be in danger.

She literally believes that me having the means to defend myself is more dangerous than being unarmed againts an armed burglar.

I just ended the conversation saying that i disagreed

How do you deal with this level of illogical thinking ?
>>
They are children who havent grown up. You dont argue with a child, you make them submit to your authority. Your mistake was treating her as an equal.
>>
>>31061969
>How do you deal with this level of illogical thinking
I don't. Fuck them.
>>
>>31061969
Easy
>find 20 nigs
>hire them to break into her place
>laugh as she cries about a 14hr train being ran on her
>finish with "good thing you didn't shoot them, would have been horrible risking your life like that"
>>
>>31061969
The only way to win is not to play. You will never pull a girl out of her delusion through logical argument.
>>
>>31061969
a chance at defending yourself, no matter how slim, is better than no chance at all.
>>
>>31061969

>"facist"

how to instantly spot an ignoramus without failure.
>>
Have you never wished you could convert a normie ?
>>
Ask them to define their terms. Keep asking. Don't stop asking.
>>
>>31062051
I agree. Anybody who can't spell fascist doesn't deserve to use the term.
>>
>>31062143

This is funny because most of the left often speak with buzzwords.

Keep asking to define their position more and more and watch them melt into an emotional mess.
>>
>>31061969
Explain to here that there are people like antman that will not hesitate on attacking the weak and the defenseless

Also ask her if her name is rose
>>
>>31062201
He literally never said that. Although he would agree
>>
File: thepunisher.jpg (189KB, 796x1199px) Image search: [Google]
thepunisher.jpg
189KB, 796x1199px
>>31061969
Has she ever fired weapons? Offer to take her out shooting. Make sure to attach pandering to the offer. Say some shit like: "Hey I know how you feel about guns but would you be willing to go shooting with me? I know you're a pretty open minded and open to new experiences type of person so how about it?"

If you get her there: Don't bring any crazy guns, let her shoot anything that will rekt the fuck out of her, or try only FUDD guns. I'd say get her to try an AR-15 (find something else if she is petite and this will still rekt her) and a Handgun.

After the shooting experience you need to use moral and appeal to emotion arguments. Normally speaking these are one of the WORST arguments to use in debates, however you're not in a well monitored debate call your bullshit fallacies. Fallacies are what people like your sister live by. Talk about guns being equalizers for females to stop men from doing harm to her, bring up shit like Nazi Germany and how Hitler had been pretty pro gun except for only one group (the Jews), try to pander to her anticop nature and ask if she really thinks a government that has Trump as its possible future leader really should be the ones in charge of her safety. You can bring up a few stats if she wants to bother to listen. CDC found that self defense use of guns is 500,000 to 3 million a year I believe (make sure to stress that its the CDC ordered by Obama so she doesn't think its just some crazy evil republican saying shit).

http://www.ncdsv.org/images/IOM-NRC_Priorities-for-Research-to-reduce-the-threat-of-firearm-related-violence_2013.pdf

You got to know when to call it quits though. My brother became a mentally unstable drug addict who threatened bodily harm on others with a weapon drawn (knife). My father and I were debating the subject of guns and he simply told me "there is no logic for my dislike for guns. I don't care if all the statistics in the world showed that guns were good I would never buy or support them".
>>
The key is to not be completely socially retarded. Like, when I'm at work, I'm one of the most respected people there, because I'm not a fucking retard, I'm not creepy, and I actually know what I'm doing. People actually like me, so no one wants to get in an argument. Most people know I like guns, and if the subject ever comes up, people will either agree with what I'm saying, or not participate in the discussion.

The key is to be liked enough to where people don't want to debate these things with you. I think most people who get in these debates are autistic and not well liked by their peers, or they are purposely trying to argue.

If I ever do find myself in an argument though, I just focus on tearing down their stupid argument, and also make it about personal liberty.
>>
>>31062321
>or try only FUDD guns
That's one thing I'd argue against.
You bring only fudd guns and they go "Oh, well THESE guns are okay. The scary black ones aren't!"

Bring small caliber tacticool shit too.
>>
>>31062219
kek
>>
>>31062412
Yeah that's what I meant I just worded it shitty. Don't bring any crazy guns, don't let her shoot anything that will rekt the fuck out of her, and don't let her only try FUDD guns.
>>
>>31062441
Rereading it I see what you meant, yeah. Easiest way to get someone forever turned against firearms is giving them something in a large caliber and letting them shoot it so they fall over or hurt themselves. Holy fuck does that ever make me so mad when I see Youtube videos on that shit.
>>
A friend of mine literally called me and my family and anyone else who owns firearms for sports and recreation a "plague on society".

When it comes to firearms he's physically incapable of using logic or reason.
>>
>>31062143
>>31062191
But that's not really winning the argument. You're not building a case or changing their mind, you're just playing a two-year-old asking, "Why?" until they give up.

It's just as pointless as a cable news debate about gun control.
>>
I dont, its just not worth it. I could go back and forth all day on the times ive heard some libtards contradict themselves like you pic alone, but that just leads to more back peddeling, subject changiing, arguments based on "muh feelings" and insults and its just tiresome.
however, if somebody genuinely asks my opinion or wants to learn for themselves ill teach them all I know and if I have to ill sight sources and statistics, some of which I have saved on my phone just in case

TDRL I dont. its easier and more fun to laugh and say everyones entitles their own opinion, let me have mine or leave me the fuck alone
>>
>>31062526
If they don't have concrete terms they don't have a concrete argument.
>>
>>31062219
This shouldn't have made me laugh this hard
>>
>>31062423
>>31062983
I don't get it

What's the inside joke?
>>
>>31062002
Christ man
>>
>>31061969

>female

Nope, don't bother.
>>
>>31061969

>>31061992

Fpbp, seriously OP.
>>
>>31061969

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/kleck.study.html
>>
File: 1431967513963.jpg (64KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1431967513963.jpg
64KB, 800x800px
>>31061997

This.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing".
>>
>>31061969
"Well, okay. I understand that you don't like guns. I will respect your views by not defending you or providing for you with those guns when the need arises. But I will keep them for myself regardless of arguments."

That's it. I used the same line on my own lib sister and she changed her mind in about a week. The potential alienation of a stable and formidable male in their lives will make most younger (30 and under) women rethink themselves.
>>
>>31062002
>>find 20 nigs
>>hire them
kek....the irony.
>>
File: stalin laughing.jpg (18KB, 238x256px) Image search: [Google]
stalin laughing.jpg
18KB, 238x256px
>My sister, who is pretry much a communist, just learned that I have guns and told me she was worried

kek

Your sister sounds like a stupid fucking liberal. Commies love guns.

>Marx: the workers must be armed and organized. The whole proletariat must be armed at once with muskets, rifles, cannon and ammunition, and the revival of the old-style citizens’ militia, directed against the workers, must be opposed ... any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.

Sauce: https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1847/communist-league/1850-ad1.htm

>How do you deal with this level of illogical thinking ?

You don't deal with liberals, you send them to GULAG for re-education.
>>
>>31061969
Just tell her she is retarded. Some people can never be turned.
>>
>>31061969
>My sister, who is pretry much a communist, just learned that I have guns and told me she was worried that if someone armed broke in my house and i decided to use them, i d be in danger.
The communists in my country support gun rights because rich farmers can hire the police to kill poor farmers and steal their land. Just talk about that with her. I believe you're from a rich or middle class family, am I correct?
>>
>>31063290
Antman was some crazy by /k/ standards guy on this board who may have killed himself building a bomb between violent MLP fanfics and asking /K/ how to weaponize ants.
>>
>>31064127
fuck you are an idiot. communist govts DISARM all of those who do not toe the line, and then kill them if needed.

I suppose you are one of those fucking idiotic pro-communists that went to skool and drank the commie kool aid thinking that communism will "work"?

this is a NIFTY quote repeated ad nauseum by idiots ! care to show me in history when communist societies allowed FREE MEN to remain ARMED in a communist society?

fucking tool.
>>
>>31064861
He never mentioned anything about a fucking bomb

I was around when he was still alive and all he ever did was show pictures of frogs being ate alive by ants and would scream fuck you to anyone that question his mentality

He wasn't a muslim but he certainly was fucked in the head
>>
>>31065473
I could have sworn the last thread he was in,he mentioned something about fire ant dispersion from motor rounds.
>>
>>31066559
Nah he was tanking about using one of those giant cargo jets and dropping payloads of ants

Never once he spoke about anything that involves kaboom
>>
>>31066783
>talking

Fucking typo error
>>
>>31061997
Fuck them<3?
>>
>>31062226
That's right, he didn't say that, because George Orwell is a pen name, and thus never actually spoke.

Eric Arthur Blair wrote that under the name George Orwell in a letter to the Evening Standard called "Don't Let Colonel Blimp Ruin the Home Guard." It was published on the 8th of January, 1941.

So piss up a rope, douchebag.
>>
>>31064127
Communism =/= marxism
>>
>>31063660
What? Trial by fire is the most effective method.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.