[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been looking into joining the military recently and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I've been looking into joining the military recently and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I'm 18 and I'm planning on going to college next year. I'm not sure if I should enlist and whether I should or shouldn't wait until after college to do so. I'm primarily interested in the Army. This should probably go into /adv/, but I figured that /k/ would actually know whats up. My question is, what is the military really like and is it worthwhile? I know it's not the wonderland the recruiters make it out to be, but that's about it.
>>
Which military branch is the most effeminate and numale friendly?

I'm an English major looking for direction in my life, and I come from a family with military history.

My non-conventionally attractive wife and I have two sons that we named Thaddeus and Kaylen to show the world how unique of a family we are.

What military branch would fit our lifestyle?
>>
>>31061332
If you're too stupid to research this on your own, please don't shit up the military further with your application.
>>
>>31061375
I understand how to apply and I even know what I would want to apply for. I'm asking for advice as to whether or not I should.
>>
>>31061364
The Marines should be fine. It's the perfect branch for retarded pussies who want to seem tough.
>>
File: image.gif (99KB, 2765x2303px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
99KB, 2765x2303px
>>31061332
Don't join. And don't listen to the dumbasses on this board who tell you to and that get offended when you claim the military is a bad route. Go to college and get a marketable degree.
>>
>>31061619
Shit up commie.
>>
>>31061627
Well I did just take a shit if that's what you mean. I'm not a commie though, I just don't want to follow the orders of a commander in chief like Obummer. Also I don't want to die in a political war.
>>
>>31061428
kek

>>31061332
If you have a free ride to college (i.e. Scholarship or parents) then go to fucking college. After 4 years you still want to enlist you can try for ocs or just enlist and go in as e4.

I never understand why people feel like they have to enlist at a certain age you can go anytime up to 35.

80% of people in the military are doing it for muh free college or to repay student loan debt.
>>
>>31061619
>Go to war
>Get paid to kill snackbars
>Come back home
>Go to college for free
>Have well paid full time job lined up before I graduate
>No college debt
>All of this with your tax dollars

You're welcome for my service.
>>
>>31061900
>You may never kill a snackbar, and you might not even be fighting snackbars
>GI bill does not cover full cost of college many times, but it is still a pretty good deal. Even then, get student loans
Only if you get a good degree
>You still might have college debt
>>
>>31061332
Join the National Guard. You'll get to test out the military and go to college simultaneously. Depending on the state, sometimes you can double dip and get federal and state benefits. It won't cover everything; all together I usually have about 70ish% of costs covered. If you end up not liking the military, well one weekend per month isn't too hard to power through, especially after basic. If you do like it, you'll graduate with 0 to 2 years left (depending on timing, degree, if you deploy, etc) on your 6 year contract, and can then go active if you wish, already having experience, rank (probably e4), and retirement points you would've otherwise not gotten.
>>
>>31061619
>>> marketable degree

That's where you fucked up.

OP, branch doesn't really matter. It's getting into an MOS or rating that will translate to a job waiting on the outside, taking lots of (cheap) classes while in, or lining up a educational path or trade progression that you can walk into on the day you ETS.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.