/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So .k. I hear you know guns.I would also think many of you hunt.Im

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Sporter_with_desc-1.jpg (32KB, 708x391px) Image search: [Google]
Sporter_with_desc-1.jpg
32KB, 708x391px
So .k. I hear you know guns.I would also think many of you hunt.Im not well versed in either.So here is the question.I got a maverick 88 on a recommendation from here.I want to change the stock to the pic.It cuts recoil.I want the gun for an all around gun.Hunting and home defense. I know lower recoil is good for a follow up shot.Will this stock be ok for both? Also,any hunting info would be welcomed.
>>
/k/*
>>
>>31052488
>>31052491
>>>/trash/
>>
>>31052488
>So .k. I hear you know guns
Yeah, we do. You can't do that particular mod to your FAMAS mate
>>
File: IMG_20160809_200351.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160809_200351.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Yeah you'll be fine. IIRC the Maverick is a clone of the Remington or Mossberg. I have a VEPR-12 as my all purpose shotgun, which is essentially what would happen if an RPK and a 12 gauge had a baby.
>hunting
Shot shell dissipates and slugs drop, so you'll be working within a hundred yards or so. This is fine for birds, but can be challenging for deer in more open country. Scoped rifles, whether bolt-action, lever-action, or semi-auto, will be easier for deer if your state laws allow.

>>31052500
>REEEE NEWFAGS GET OUT REEE
Calm down.
>>
>>31052523
Thanks for the info.Yea im gonna slug hunt for deer mainly.I know I can get good range with a rifled barrel and sabots
>>
>>31052488
The maverick fits a large portion of mossbergs accessories if I remember correctly. The stock angle looks a little bit awkward if you ask me.
>>
>>31052558
It's the angle you're stuck with for pistolgrip+stock kits for mossys and clones because of the internals. You can always add risers if you need better cheek weld.
>>
>>31052576
>>31052558
thanks for the info.Yes one guy bitched about using it for hunting and it hit him in the face.he just sounded bitchy though.
>>
>>31052488
>/k/ knows guns

Nope. /k/ manages to know less about the subject matter then /fit/ and /fa/, the previous holders of the people who don't know what the fuck they are talking about awards.
>>
>it cuts recoil

source my ass
also,
>not just handling the recoil

pussy
>>
>>31052703
oh boy the strong recoil guy.Tell me how having recoil is good.Tell me why it makes you a man to be uncomfortable when shooting multiple shots plz.
>>
>>31052523
>remington clone
It's a ghetto mossberg 500. You can use the same parts that work on a 500. The oem stock is hollow so i don't blame you for replacing it. If the recoil is still too high for you get a pad, just make sure the stock isnt too long for you. Also be aware that the 88 18.5" barrel is cylinder bored, which is terrible for hunting. The longer ones are threaded so use the correct choke for each job. Steel and slugs in particular are highly damaging to tighter chokes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.